Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Understanding of one another
    #2956820 - 08/02/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It seems as if that?s what people often look for most in life. Usually people get it from family, or friends they gather throughout their life. But all too often, a person?s environment is so hostile, that people have to hide who they really are behind a reserved barrier, which makes it hard to accomplish understanding. It means that extending trust leads to hurt, and it?s much easier to remain bitter than to take that first step and open up. At least that?s what people often learn.

I?m currently working with someone who has a history of violence towards himself & others, has a history of bi-polar illness, schizo-effective disorder, substance abuse problems, and so on. The big change in his life was when he saw how little people want to be around him, and how much he kept everyone away. He got clean & sober and managed to pull his life together, and the big difference was the ability to get understanding from people. He developed certain relationships where people could see how caring he really was, and it developed from there.

Unfortunately, he?s in some big financial trouble, and all I could really do to help him was give an ear and a ride to places he needed to go. It?s hard to see someone who?s turned himself around so much find himself in such a hole.

It?s a shame that there is so much unhealthy treatment towards one another, and how much of a difference understanding can make. Its amazing how alone people feel because of this, and often things like religion try to make a community effort to love each other, but it also often creates boundaries by having segregating people by their beliefs.

I think the way to achieve this kind of thing is when people take the effort to understand each other, and the more people do that, the better people?s environments change, which then increases people understanding of each other enough more, and so on. It will probably take many generations to accomplish it on a global level, but it?s also nice when you see it on a more personal level as well.

Thoughts?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Understanding of one another [Re: Twirling]
    #2956998 - 08/02/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think its a little unsettling how much of a race our life is. If you stop to help someone on the sidelines you end up falling behind yourself, so most people just turn their heads and continue running. It's like if you really want to help people out, you have to become a martyr and sacrifice your own life or something...

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Understanding of one another [Re: Grav]
    #2957155 - 08/02/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's also unsettling how often things like kindness and empathy are seen as signs of weakness. I think people are so used to competing with each other that a display of emotion or sensitivity is being too weak or a "pussy". There is a domination game that goes on, where the weaker person is more subserviant towards those in power.

Really though, the whole thing is bullshit, and it's rather frustraiting dealing with people who are that level. But then again, I think when people are behaving in such a way, there must be a great deal of insecurity and a lack of being able to trust others.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Understanding of one another [Re: Twirling]
    #2963848 - 08/04/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What do you mean your working with this person? My goal in life is to have a positive impact, to have created a ripple that will help people find satisfaction and peace of mind. What you are doing sounds beautiful.

If you can see these changes occuring on a personal level, then I bet it will grow as the people you affect affect other people in the same way. You are the foundation, the beginning of a world in which people offer each other unconditional compassion.

I felt a moment of intense love reading your post. It inspired me for this day, and hopefully each to come.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom