Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesplifferd
What does a casing look like when it starts to flush
    #2956427 - 08/02/04 03:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have had my casings in my grow chamber for about 5 to 7 days. My grow chamber get 14 hours of light a day. 11 hours light, 5 off, 3 hours light, 5 off. I also have a ultrasonic fogger in a jar of water, air tight with hoses going to the chamber and a air pump with hoses going in the jar. My chamber gets 20 minites of air and humidity 4 times a day.

Well I left town for 3 days came back, and mycelium had grow through the soil very well. My casing soil is verm, peat moss blend which includes perlit, verm, and a wetting againt, and some soil moist which are christals which hold a lot of water. Well the growth that is coming through is a very spikey. There are many strands of mycelium that stand straight up. Is this the beginning of the mushrooms. My chamber did not get fanned out while I was gone. Now that the casing soil is pentrated with mycelium very well how long should it be before they grow. Also I had another casing still in the incubator. I looked at it today and it had white fur growing in a circular pattern, but when you shine a light on it it is very white. No chance of it being cob web is there. I am so tired of waiting. I have z-stain, mexican strain, and amozon strain all in my chamber. In 12 ince long by 5 1/2 wide, 3 3/4 deep pans. How much should each of these pans yeild. I read somewhere between 2 and 4 lbs per square foot. Is this wet or dry though.
Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: What does a casing look like when it starts to flush [Re: splifferd]
    #2956468 - 08/02/04 03:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Where did you get the idea for such a strange light cycle???

11 on 5 off 3 on and then 5 off What the fuck???

My guess is that is your problem. I got my lights set 12 on 12 off

Yes spikey myc. is what pins form on

It can take a week from the time "spikey" myc. pokes thru but sometimes more

Yes it sounds like you got cobweb on that casing hard to tell without a pic

Waiting is part of shrooming dude get used to it

2-4 lbs wet is what I think you read

One thing about contms on a casing surface.....

I have found that it is almost always caused from the surface being to wet. My personal rule of thumb is this, Top 1/8 inch almost dry bottom layers damp not wet.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: What does a casing look like when it starts to flush [Re: splifferd]
    #2958311 - 08/03/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

spliFferd said:
I have z-stain, mexican strain, and amozon strain all in my chamber. In 12 ince long by 5 1/2 wide, 3 3/4 deep pans. How much should each of these pans yeild. I read somewhere between 2 and 4 lbs per square foot. Is this wet or dry though.
Thanks

don't set yourself up to be dissappointed, that's a VERY high yield and probably won't be achieved by a newb.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation