Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
The Watcher

Loc: shambhala
    #2956025 - 08/02/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I hadn't heard this in ages but then came across it on Kazaa the other night. Takes me right back to when I was growing up, smoking weed, and digging the Beatles way above and beyond any of the music that came out of my era (when you're favourite band's Oasis and Britpop is booming, to smoke a joint and put the Beatles on and hear how those guys did it 30 years ago, it changes things). I guess everyone's got a piece of music that takes them back to them special early smokes, when weed was something exciting and full of infinite possibilities, rather than the whorish self-absorbed pleasure it gives once you're used to it. Enough of all this sentimental pish, but Rain's my song.:/

Maybe the best Beatles song you've never heard, or if you have heard it, one of the best. It was the B-Side to Paperback Writer, but in truth it's in a different league from the Aside. It's one of Lennon's psychadelic classics, and each Beatle contributes something exceptional: the drumming is the best Ringo ever recorded (I heard him on the radio saying confusedly that he'd never drummed like it before and never drummed like it since: a "moment inspired"). MacCartney's bass is so excited it almost takes over the song at parts; it's some of the finest and earliest of the hard-hitting high-register playing he pioneered in the 60s. Harrison's guitar, due to varispeeding, gives the song most of its unique bronzed texture, and of course Lennon wrote it and sang it. It features the first use of "backwards" playing in a pop/rock recording; the final verse has the vocals backwards: "Nair!". Apparently when Sir George first played it to Lennon he was so excited that he wanted to release the entire song backwards.

Well worth the time it takes to download 100 times over.

let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Rain [Re: mr_kite]
    #2956140 - 08/02/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

rain, i don't mind
shine, the weather's fine...

old enough to know better
not old enough to care

e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Rain [Re: mr_kite]
    #2957607 - 08/02/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

mr kite, any recommendation from you i can take to the bank :wink:

I shall 'seek my soul' for Rain right now...

Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media