Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: jimsuzo]
    #3123748 - 09/11/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have two holes for air that are covered with tyvek then I have two others that I inoc threw, at first they have a tyvek cover then I inoc then cover with a band aid. For this poly would be much easier but I didn't have any around and have a few thousand tyvek disks around.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: ricelicker]
    #3123798 - 09/11/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ricelicker said:
How do they make plastic so heat proof?

Mostly it's all in the formulation of the plastic. Note how much plastic is used on and near a car's engine (especially nowadays), and it don't melt. The #5 (HDPE? I think) type means it's of a formula that resists heat up to like 300F or more. The "HD" part of the acronym means "high density" so it's just plain more solid to begin with which probably has something to do with it.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: ricelicker]
    #3123853 - 09/11/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ricelicker said:
How do they make plastic so heat proof?

different polymer compounds, they are just heat resistant, HDPE/PP and Poly Propylene are generaly used for higher temp applications, Polymethylpentene is
more suitable for the heat but is far more costly...

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3123878 - 09/11/04 09:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I just saw this thread for the first time a few minutes ago, this is excellent news. These things are cheap, more available then jars, more disposable, less fragile, etc. etc. This is like finding the PF Tek all over, or at least it is to me. Great find man. Keep smoking that bud.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: ImOver18]
    #3123915 - 09/11/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

when you see a tek by Magash you just gotta try it ...
kramer has a couple in the pc right now! :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :microwave:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: george castanza]
    #3125456 - 09/12/04 08:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You should tell Kramer to take pics of how that goes. I kinda wanna see a grow with one of these now.

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: ImOver18]
    #3125501 - 09/12/04 09:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

a friend found these pics on a computer at a library, no idea whose they are.

PC'd and ready to be innoculated.

some early growth.

almost 100%

Edited by seethe303 (09/12/04 09:29 AM)

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: Magash]
    #3149504 - 09/17/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Couple questions about using these containers,

For the shorter ones (the ones with the measurements on the side) how much substrate is used? I mean the equivalent of 1/2 pint jars

Also, would a dry verm layer on top for contam protection be wise?

What are the depths of your bottom and top casing layers and substrate? I figure if the substrate is only an inch deep you wont get very large fruits.

thank you, I am really looking forward to growing again

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: holio1]
    #3247367 - 10/12/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

a friend has been using rye PC'd in gladware ala this thread....he has noticed that when the rye is finished colonizing it has pulled away from the sides of the gladware a bit and that after applying the casing layer there is some space between the casing and the gladware and water/myc piss sort of gathers there. is this a problem? if so, what could be done to fix it? thanks...

Offlineiamgod
just some dudesome where

Loc: Crooklyn, New York
    #3316247 - 11/03/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How do you attach the Tyvek to the lid of the Glad container. I would think that tape and glue would melt in the PC. Any suggestions?

--------------------
If what you seek is truth then drugs can not offer truth. Drugs can offer the truth of drugs.......Altered states. Truth is not an altered state of mind. ~ Big Headed Nice Guy Who Loves You And Your Dog

http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

Offlinexistenz
Stranger

Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: iamgod]
    #3316651 - 11/03/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

what about punching a hole in both the cover of the container and a soda bottle cap. then, silicone the bottle cap over the hole in the cover. then stuff with polyfill.

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: xistenz]
    #3316687 - 11/03/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

electrical tape works great.

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: seethe303]
    #3415163 - 11/27/04 06:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking the only reason I wont try this is because my pc holds 4 qt sized jars perfectly. I dont know if I would agree with stacking containers and expecting the ones towards the top to be sterilized properly. I think that being closer to the heat source is a good assurance everything is being done right.

For those of you with huge badass AA PCs. Tight!

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Anonymous

#3742637 - 02/06/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Can you post some pic of the setup of the container lids with the tyvek before going to the PC? Or at least describe it better?
How deep u fill with water the PC?

This is a breakthrough? This should be in the archives.

Thanxs.

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
    #3837506 - 02/26/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Has anyone had any success in staking the containers without building some kind of shelf in the PC to support the weight? These may hold up great under the heat but not if you have a few of them sitting on each-other. So in most cases you have to PC the 8 cup ones 1 at a time, even though the PC is tall enough to hold 3.

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: MadHatR]
    #3837561 - 02/26/05 02:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thats a good idea and i too have tried that, but i always ran into the problem of steam pressure on the inside building up and popping my lid off, even when i poked holes and attempted to cover them to keep unwanted water out it still couldn't keep the lid on....oh well i don't know.

--------------------
"Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles." ~drugstore cowboy~

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: fallingaway24]
    #3838085 - 02/26/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

AFOAF went out and found family size tupperware that would stack perfectly three to a cook. But they warp and open up just enough to let contam in. These are the number 5 in the triangle type, they don't melt or anything, but they warp just enough to not work.

He's wondered if it would be worth trying to innoc in flowhood & then try to keep in a sterile bag. But if every cook warps them, it's not going to be cost efficient compared to jars anyway.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlinelaughingbuddha
That's freakinAWESOME!

Loc: the Moment
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: Tantalus]
    #3838217 - 02/26/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

magash, that is freakin awesome!

--------------------
"The more I read, the more I meditate; and the more I meditate, the more certain I am that I know nothing." -Voltaire

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: laughingbuddha]
    #3838507 - 02/26/05 06:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty much any plastic will warp when you stack them. It doesn't take much weight on top of them to push down on it when they are heated up. I to can fit 3 in there perfectly when stacked, but the bottom 2 will always get warped. Other than making some shelves inside out of something like a sheet of plexiglass and some PVC for legs I can't think of any other way more than 1 can be done at a time. :frown:

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: Ok, let me run this past you guys. [Re: MadHatR]
    #3838749 - 02/26/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Magash, do you still use this method? I'm curious to hear your thoughts/input on this several months after the initial epiphany :stoned:  Are there any tips, secrets, bs that you could point to from experience now???

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix