Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year????
    #2950813 - 08/01/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey everybody,

Damn, the weather seems nice right now, ive been so busy the past couple weeks i haven't hit the fields

The weather seems great for shrooms though. !!

Here in southwest florida ive ventured into the fields only about 3 times i think this season so far, and pulled almost 2-3 pounds fresh, of cubes and copelandia's,

Damn, i feel the bug right now at 3:23 in the morning to go and hit that field again, im sure the fields are sorta rockin..

How's everybody doing out there????  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

PS, my "Copelandia fields" were knocked down just-recently :smile: damn dude, that thing used to yeild me several thousand copelandias an hour or two this time of year.. but the only field ive been going to lately just produces cubes for the most part, and also just a few copelandias.. :smile:
-Anybody finding crazy amounts of Copelandias?????? lol

Keep shroomin
GGreatOne234

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year???? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2951109 - 08/01/04 05:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

havent found any fields near here since I moved to st pete but I've went to Orlando 3 times to a couple of used-to-be good ones and havent found shit. the best field was bushhogged over last month.

OfflineOoze
Oozalicious

Loc: FL
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year???? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2952208 - 08/01/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've had some luck here in FL. Been out quite a few times with success. The most success came about a week and a half ago, lately not so much but i think we just need some rain.

Happy Hunting

OfflinePaintChipEater
Stranger
    #2952331 - 08/01/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i found a couple of shrooms in my neighboors yard and i collected one. it comes to a point at the top and at the point it has a tan color on it. the rest of it is white and the oter ones growing are the same. they are growing in patches of like three but there are alot of patches of three. any idea on the identification. i live in southwest florida. thanks

Offlinebklounge
Stranger

Loc: FLA
    #2952709 - 08/01/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

we have had great luck. we have the pickings of about 3 fields to chose from. We find everything in them so its a varity. Check out my postings their are a couple pics from this past month. And when we leave our fields we leave some there to at least as many as we pick if not more.

OfflineSillyWilly
    #2953553 - 08/01/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey GG. Tonight is the first time Im gonna go huntin since last year and hopefully the field I visit is still yielding the same massive Copes it did last year. Im Central Florida and the weather has been perfect for shrooms...Mid 70's-high 80's, raining and cloudy. According to the Weather Channen, it looks like its gonnna be that way for the next week. Ill hit this thread up after my hunt.

OfflinePaintChipEater
Stranger
    #2953843 - 08/01/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hey guys does anyone have any advice here on where in southwest florida can i find Panaeolus species like the blue meanies? Also someone give me a detailed description on what to look for and how to identify them? thanks

Offlinecwbfromtheksvi
CWB

Loc: Central, FL
    #2953901 - 08/01/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Grrrreeeaaatt! Been finding plenty more than we can consume thats for sure, about to drink some tea now and go pick another dose for my bro.

--------------------

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year???? [Re: cwbfromtheksvi]
    #2954645 - 08/02/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

PaintChipEater, first of all you are taking over GGreatOne234's post asking for information where it doesnt belong. And also, if you were to start your own post it would probably be locked because such info you are after can be found here at the shroomery or from a simple google search.
Cmon man aint that hard.

Peace

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineSillyWilly
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year???? [Re: SillyWilly]
    #2954744 - 08/02/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I decided not to go out tonight....Im tied up with school and having Mycology as a hobby takes up to much time for now. Good luck you guys.

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year???? [Re: SillyWilly]
    #2955339 - 08/02/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't been able to find anything in central florida, and we have been out numerous times. I think the season is late, there are tons of people hunting the same fields in this area, the farmers also know this, and why have I seen a farmer on a 4 wheeler with a pestacide tank on it slowly driving the field spraying? I know all the rumors are false, but maybe a really anal farmer is spraying his cowpies with fungicides? I got a cowfield right next to my neighborhood, but its rather new with only like 2 cows, but I think Iam gonna check it out, haven't found anything anywhere else, so why not.

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in teh Northern... Flag
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year???? [Re: jackgreen]
    #2956218 - 08/02/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's been real good here in West Central Florida!Went out a few days before the fourth of July and came back with 67 P. Cubensis and about a dozen or so Copes.Went surfing the other week and sliced the side of my heel on the fin taking off three layers of skin.Went surfing yesterday seems to be healed enough.May head to the field on friday!

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #2957921 - 08/02/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Its been all cubes in the south west part of the state for me.  I am out in New Mexico right now, and wish I could be picking some lovelys...all you Floridians take a couple extra on my part!  Just stay off my field! :laugh:
Im headed to Cali, then the PNW, then back to FloorYduh!  cant wait to get back to hit the fields.
Hey GG, congrats on the modship!  when did this take place?  ive been gone for almost 2 weeks now, so it had to be within that time frame...cool!
allright y'all, be safe out there!
~MSA~

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #2957953 - 08/02/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Happy travels MDA

I just got appointed as mod again a few days ago.
I was a hunting mod for a few years before, but stepped down about a year ago for personal reasons.
Feels good to be back, though i never really left but you know.

It seems to me like peak mushroom weather right now. The Boletes are up in fully force. All kinds, everywhere, i found about a dozen species today on my property alone. Everywhere i drive it's pretty thick out there.

Strange field weather though, but i guess it really depends on which field you-pickin'.

Im sure if ya went out to a good field that nobody has gotten to this year it would be relatively thick.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Re: Floridians: Hows everybody doing in the fields this year [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2959650 - 08/03/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I live in North Central Florida right now, and as far as I can tell the weather is great. All my outdoor patches have been producing without any additional care besides what good ol mother nature is providing. Back home in S.Florida we had to go to certain "secret" fields if we wanted a good pick. Too many people went out and a lot of them got busted for trespassing etc. Its kinda sketchy, thats why I have it so that I only have to go 5 steps outside and under a bush to get my mushies.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineNemesis_2000
Stranger

#2961178 - 08/03/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You are definitely a lucky person to find those mushies. Mad Propz to you, Gumby, and all those who find these precious wonders! I myself just moved to Florida and am looking forward to finding some actives and posting pictures if I manage to find some. For years, mushrooms have fascinated me intensely and the thought of finding cubes down here makes me go ballistic!

Sure to Win if I never quit?

Peace

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
    #2961249 - 08/03/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh i hit up 2 local spots (Florida Panhandle)  at the beginning of the season before i got put on probation, but my friend hit up a spot off I-10, they got 519 grams fresh, 4 9 inch caps, beautiful, gotta love the wild gulf coast :smile:

--------------------
:hypno: :merkaba: :peace: My Trade List (2-12-16) :peace: :merkaba: :hypno: 

:nyan:
:discorex: :dancingbacon: :carlton:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order