Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLastwachter
Stranger
A short film on a bad shroom trip
    #2951172 - 08/01/04 10:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Now, Im not looking to get flamed. Im not anti shrooms...trust me. But I have never tried them and for a realistic aproach I need some input for what my antagonist will be going through. Im looking for how it feels when you first start to notice them kick in...little things. Maybe feelings in the body and what not. As well as lots and lots of bad trip stories. I dont need entire books, just a couple of sentences about the specifics on each thing that went bad on your trip. Nothing having to do with...oh my mom caught me or anything, just about the trip itself.
Thanks guys I appreciate your help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: A short film on a bad shroom trip [Re: Lastwachter]
    #2951476 - 08/01/04 01:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Couldn't you make a short film on a good shroom trip? Be a lot more true to life and more fun  :laugh:

Never had a bad trip and I've tripped hundreds of times.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblesherm
sherman
 User Gallery

Loc: Euthanasia
Re: A short film on a bad shroom trip [Re: Lastwachter] * 1
    #2951551 - 08/01/04 01:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i've never had a bad trip
i've had trips that were bad at the time
like loneliness and insanity
but in the end I wouldn't trade those trips for anything
looking back on it, some of my favorite trips were no fun while they were happening

--------------------
shroomery.
not even once.

OfflineLastwachter
Stranger
    #2951732 - 08/01/04 02:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ok, maybe I didnt explain it well enough in the first post. This is NOT AN ANTI SHROOM VIDEO!

In this short film the antagonist has a bad shroom trip. Id like to know any experiences people have had in this situation...also in any shroom situation, what are the first sensations you get that tell you the high is coming?

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#2951904 - 08/01/04 03:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I honestly don't have any concrete things to tell me that the high is coming. I can just stop for a second and think "Am I sober?" and I'm obviously not.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineLastwachter
Stranger
    #2951971 - 08/01/04 03:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ok cool, so your just sitting there and maybe you go to get up and its like whoa..its hit me...

Offlinemanbeef
psychedelicfarmer

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Vancouver, BC
    #2951991 - 08/01/04 03:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: A short film on a bad shroom trip [Re: sherm]
    #2952766 - 08/01/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sherm said:
looking back on it, some of my favorite trips were no fun while they were happening

Precisely. If you're 'having a bad trip', then the best thing to do is ride it out and take what you can from the experience. Sometimes bad trips are more enlightening in the end, as opposed to good trips!! :grin:

Of course, I'm not saying that someone should ever try inducing a bad trip on theirself or a friend. Just keep an open mind. No one likes it when their whole universe is collapsing and you feel infinitely useless and lonely. lol

Invisiblephalloidin

#2953112 - 08/01/04 07:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Here's a link to video of Doug Stanhope(of The Man Show) tripping on mushrooms. Warning: the footage my be a bit disturbing for some viewers.

http://www.sacredcow.com/allnew/index_content.php?n=multimedia_video_doug

Offlinesongi_tester
songi tester

#2953114 - 08/01/04 07:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Bad trips occur only when a person who is about to take shrooms has an anxiety or is worrying about a problem they had early in the day or even a permanent thought. Try to take shrooms on a day when your mind is clear and you have no negative thoughts whatsoever.

I made a mistake by taking 5 grams of really potent mush when I was having a very bad day. I ended up having a bad trip and I blacked out for a short while. Although after the bad trip passed everything was an incredible experience after that. So just try to relax when taking shrooms and don't be anxious.

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #2953353 - 08/01/04 09:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Last LSA trip I had, I only noticed it was coming on when I looked at my pupils in the mirror. Then I noticed all the other subtle effects of the pre-peak experience. I felt nauseous before looking in the mirror, but nothing else.
While feeling bad, I started to wonder if they had fungicides on the seeds. I'm sure if I'd picked my own shrooms and was having a bad trip, the first thought in my mind would be "did I ID them correctly?"

OfflineSeppuko
Sprite

Loc: teh intarweb
    #2954055 - 08/02/04 12:25 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Funny you should mention it.

Tomorrow, I'm starting to work on a 5-10 minute film about a trip I had two fridays ago.

I was pretty schitzo. It was a generic "bad" trip, but I handled it awesomely (I think so, atleast :P) and I made the best of it. Turned the trip around, too.

The video is about 2/3 of the trip. since the last part was just me drinking sunkist and bobbing my head...and sitting on a slant, because that is what life is about, you know? sitting on a slant.

I'll post the video here when it's done (a month or so) - I'm working with one of my friends on some original music for it...hope it turns out how I'd like.

--------------------
if I mention anything about the posession or production of illegal mushrooms, I am making it up.

OfflineSeppuko
Sprite

Loc: teh intarweb
    #2954066 - 08/02/04 12:27 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah, I can tell a trip is coming on when...

I start talking to myself
I start wobbling (last time, I found myself with feet planted, twirling my upperbody around me)
I yawn. Yawning is a big one

--------------------
if I mention anything about the posession or production of illegal mushrooms, I am making it up.

Offlinejohn706
C12H17N2O4P
 User Gallery
Re: A short film on a bad shroom trip [Re: phalloidin]
    #2954131 - 08/02/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MrTryptastic said:
Here's a link to video of Doug Stanhope(of The Man Show) tripping on mushrooms. Warning: the footage my be a bit disturbing for some viewers.

http://www.sacredcow.com/allnew/index_content.php?n=multimedia_video_doug

that was the dumbest thing ive ever seen.

and i love the disclaimer-

"Shocking Home Video of Drug Abuse Gone Out of Control (excerpt)
Note from Kevin: The following video clip is just a few minutes from the soon to be cult classic of Doug & Mat Becker tripping on mushrooms in a hotel room. The full 30 minute fiasco is on the DVD's Extra's menu.
Even if you have heard every single bit that Doug does, if you own all of his CD's, if you have seen him perform a hundred times; this 30 minute clip is worth the price of admission alone. I've seen it now about 20 times & I still hit the floor laughing when I watch it. If you have even the slightest remnant of any kind of hallucinogenic drug left in your body, I guarantee this will trigger it - you will feel like you're tripping.
From Word of Mouth."

all they do is laugh and make really bad jokes....

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: A short film on a bad shroom trip [Re: john706]
    #2954177 - 08/02/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

theyre just drunk

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2954363 - 08/02/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Even if there was a video about having a bad shroom trip, I'm sure it would be loaded with anti-drug propaganda. You wouldn't get the facts and the facts you did receieve would only be half truths.

You shouldn't worry about having a bad trip. Yes, they do happen. But they're rare. In short, a bad trip is not being able to cope with what's going on in your mind. It's hard for the mind to accept an alternative reality so you end up fighting with yourself, mentally and emotionally.

Bad trips occur with more frequency with high dosages. Start low and work your way up. 1.5 - 2 grams. Make sure you're ready to trip. Don't chomp down some shrooms right after a bad day at work or a fight with a friend or loved one. Make sure you have the right mindset. . . be postive, happy, calm, excited, relaxed, etc.

Go into the trip looking to have fun and don't set up any expectations. Set yourself up in a comfortable enviornment with people you TRUST!. Make sure you're not tripping before you have something to do or some where to be. . . meaning, don't trip before you have to go to work or school. Sometimes things like that weigh heavy in your mind.

Try not to make plans. Planning your trip rarely if ever works out. Just go where the mushrooms take you. If you comfortable sitting in a corner for 4 hours staring at you hand, it's all good as long as you're having fun.

Remember no matter what happens, good or bad, that it's only a temporary experience and you're there to try enjoy yourself. If things go bad, just remind yourself you took mushrooms and you'll be returning to a normal state within a short time frame. If things still remain negative, change your settimg. You'll be surprised at how taking two steps to side of where you were just standing can completly alter the state of your trip.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2954537 - 08/02/04 02:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I guess the best thing you could do would be to rework the "He tripped and now believes he is a glass of orange juice, terrified he is going to spill" thing. At the end of the film show a glass of orange juice and then spill it  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: A short film on a bad shroom trip [Re: sherm]
    #2954799 - 08/02/04 03:31 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sherm said:

I completely agree! I've "learned" the most from trips that were extremely difficult while they were happening. Now I look back on them in total awe.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: A short film on a bad shroom trip [Re: Lastwachter] * 1
    #2955390 - 08/02/04 10:20 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think anyone should make films about drugs unless they have taken them. I make short films myself, and after many shroom trips and seven acid trips I don't even think I have enough grasp of the situation to pay homage to it on film - so just eat some mushrooms, then make a movie.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: A short film on a bad shroom trip [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2956766 - 08/02/04 04:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

agreed.

And yeah, I have never seen anyone act that stupid (like the guys in the video above) on shrooms. I do believe they were pretty much drunk.

The signs I get when I am coming up are that things look more dimensional and real...and everything is just more intense. Those are the first signs for me, and I can usually tell after about 5 minutes.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience