Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDHJH
Lurker

Loc: On a mountain
Blue meanies
    #2951106 - 08/01/04 05:49 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm curious about blue meanies. Are these pretty easy to grow on cakes? Also, I read on ralphster's website that they are much more potent. Can anyone experienced with these shrooms give me some feedback?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Blue meanies [Re: DHJH]
    #2951115 - 08/01/04 06:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Its a common name used to descibe many active mushrooms, what actual species are you reffering to ?

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #2951116 - 08/01/04 06:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

do you mean blue meanies as in the cubensis strain or do you mean blue meanies as in the different species coplandia cyan. ?

doh! hehe

Edited by MESCALATO (08/01/04 06:07 AM)

InvisibleDHJH
Lurker

Re: Blue meanies [Re: MESCALATO]
    #2951122 - 08/01/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm curious about these 2 strains here. Wondering if anyone has gotten these and if the potency is really a lot better and if they are pretty easy to grow.

http://www.ralphstersspores.com/exotics.htm

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #2951126 - 08/01/04 06:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Copes a very potent mushrooms, more so than cubensis

read through this thread it has some very good tips on copes.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ff2693fe6d479c9

--------------------

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in teh Northern... Flag
Re: Blue meanies [Re: MESCALATO]
    #2951486 - 08/01/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MESCALATO said:
Copes a very potent mushrooms, more so than cubensis

read through this thread it has some very good tips on copes.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ff2693fe6d479c9

I may be new here but in my experience out in the fields is that Copes are weaker than Psillys!I don't even waste my time picking them because of the lack of potency and because they rot to easily after picked.Now indoors this could be a different story.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue meanies [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #2952137 - 08/01/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you must have been using too much mercury in your millinery, madhatter!
copes are definitely more potent than cubes.

--------------------
buh

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Blue meanies [Re: shirley knott]
    #2952145 - 08/01/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Shirley do you know if there are any grow logs on the strain of copes??? I couldn't find one

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleDHJH
Lurker

Re: Blue meanies [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #2952188 - 08/01/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the link, it seems like everyone does casings. Has anyone just tried the pf tek with them? I was thinking of trying that to start off with if that's possible.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Blue meanies [Re: shirley knott]
    #2952191 - 08/01/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Damn shirley sorry, Had I only read this whole thread instead of being lazy My question has already been answered.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#2952591 - 08/01/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DHJH said:
I'm curious about these 2 strains here. Wondering if anyone has gotten these and if the potency is really a lot better and if they are pretty easy to grow.

http://www.ralphstersspores.com/exotics.htm

The Blue Meanie strain that Ralph sells is p.cubensis and was named by the "keeper" from STP.

Ralph of course is being very deceptive by posting a description of a pan:

Blue Meanie

Copelandia cyanescens also known as Panaeolus cyanescens, and nicknamed "copes" or "Blue Meanies", are one of the most potent psychoactive mushroom species in the world. In weight comparison, their psycho activity towers 2-to-3 times over that of the Psilocybe cubensis (Golden Teacher).

and then showing pictures of what he is actually selling which is quite obviously Psilocybe cubensis:

It's these sorts of practices designed to take money from newbs who don't know better that are frowned upon by the reputable vendors who are struggling to keep the integrity of the various spore strains intact.

Selling a cubie as a "Blue Meanie" is nothing short of deceptive and it should not be stood for in a community such as the Shroomery which is trying to stop the spread of misinformation.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: Blue meanies [Re: boxtop703]
    #2952818 - 08/01/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

so...... who is going to scold ralphster for his n00b propaganda?

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue meanies [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2952906 - 08/01/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Blue meanies are cubes... and blue meanies are pan cyans.

There are two sides to this story. I even put my foot in my mouth because of the confusion about Blue Meanies once... http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum1&Number=1991337&Forum=,
... hehehe... that was fun.

I may be wrong but Blue Meanies cubes originally came from the Keeper (asshole) and I smile a little every time someone sells one of his strains for less than $70 bucks.

Anyway, it is just confusing.

Boxtop, I do not think Ralphster is going to change the Blue Meanie cube's name... but I wish he'd call it the Blue Meanie CUBE. He won't change the name because, confusing as it is... he didn't name it. Renaming the cube NOW would just cause more confusion. Adding CUBE to the name would really help though... especially since ralph has also sold pan cyans.

Anyway, pan cyans are often confused with ps cyans... 'cause of the "p" and the "cyan" they share. They are often confused with cubes because pan cyans are also nicknamed "Blue Meanies". That is why pan cyans developed ANOTHER nickname... COPELANDIA... Copes... cope cyan.

Call 'em copes and confusion is greatly reduced.

Ralphster isn't helping but Boxtop, neither is another vendor who actually posted in this thread. Please keep your opinions about other vendors as quiet as possible. There are plenty of non-shroomery vendors to pick on... like The Keeper himself.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Blue meanies [Re: Rose]
    #2952952 - 08/01/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Cervantes, I respect your authority as a mod, but I will not "keep quiet" while any vendor sells a cubie as a pan.

The deceptive name is bad enough but to couple that with him actually calling and describing the product as a Copelandia Cyanescens and then shipping a cubensis is inexcusable.

This is painfully obvious to most.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God
Trusted Cultivator
    #2952986 - 08/01/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It is hardly a new subject. By all means, do what you can to get the name changed... but do it in the form of private message. Since this is an old topic of discussion Boxtop, I wonder why you are just now becoming so publicly opposed to this issue?

When it comes to public relations between the sponsors, trust that The Shroomery Moderators will do it right... along with the proper amount of ass kissing. It is... after all, our job to stop the spread of misinformation when it comes to magic mushrooms... and Ralphster, in this instance is certainly not helping. As you have seen, I have been embarassed before because I stuck up for Ralph on this issue.

But it was not Ralph who named the strain. Changing the name of the Blue Meanie Cube would be just as confusing as keeping it the same.

It is time to pick a new nickname for pan cyans. Blue Meanie is too confusing now.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #2952993 - 08/01/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you can never get rid of a nickname.

--------------------
buh

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#2953006 - 08/01/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You don't get it.

It's not just the name.

He's DESCRIBING a Cope and selling a cubensis.

You can't see how detrimental this is to the community?

Forget it, I give up.

All shroomery vendors rock.  :thumbdown:

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #2953019 - 08/01/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yes. he is naughty and will hopefully change his website - blue meanies are and always will be copes.

--------------------
buh

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God
Trusted Cultivator
    #2953035 - 08/01/04 05:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm afraid you misunderstand me Box,

The only thing we seem to disagree about is weather or not this should be a public discussion between competing shroomery vendors in a public forum.

The only reason I suggest you keep your mouth shut is this: the public is fickle. Word of mouth is important. Vendors that argue publicly with other vendors... not a good selling point... even if your reasons are sound.

Many of your old customers turned to Ralph when you took a break. You should respect the fact that while you were gone, Ralph was very popular here. Perhaps the most popular vendor at The Shroomery. Keep in mind Ralph kept The Shroomery online when it hit troubled times.

You turn off a lot of potential customers and OLD customers by attacking a very popular vendor so publicly.

It doesn't matter who is right or wrong in this case... even though I side with you on the issue of Blue Meanies. It is simply not good business.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#2953058 - 08/01/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Cervantes, you are turning this into an attack by changing the subject of Blue Meanies to vendor relations.

I know all about vendor relation, hell, I supplied Ralph with hundreds of prints when I went on hiatus. So what?

I'm not attacking Ralph as a person.

This is about right and wrong and nothing else.

I'm also NOT just bringing this up now.

I've posted about how bad the Blue Meanie cube is for the community multiple times over recent months.

Now he's added a description of a cope to go along with the name!

Even the Keeper didn't claim it to actually be a cope.  :mad:

Rediculous.

I'm done with this.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag