Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC)
    #2951033 - 08/01/04 04:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Damn folks,

I?m tore up :smile:
What a great time i had, lol (the misquitoes and fire ants really got me tonight!)

I haven?t accessed the damage to my ankles yet with the fire ant bites, but i have a real good feeling they gave me at least a hundred good bites tonight. Hopefully not, but it takes about a day or two for them all to show up..
And maybe a hundred good misquito bites also.

Here is my harvest,
I?m pooped, and so are my shrooms :cool:

1 hour in the dark, actually probably more like an hour and half;

Hot f.ckin damnit LOL.

This field has some fire ants in it, and the ants hide in the taller grass and i just walk right through it ya know.. basically unavoidable..in this field.
-and i already have about a hundred fire ant scars from previous hunts this year (only about 3 other hunts but all in the same field.)

The misquitos were really hittin me too, and i never wear bug repellant.

Anyways,

In the picture you see my Cubies i harvested tonight, and also along the bottom you see the Copelandia mushrooms also harvested tonight (all the copes just on one single patty), and then way in the far top you can also see a few Gymnopilus luteofolius that i picked earlier on today and those are the caps that i didnt print of them..

I wont be printing any of these cubes or copes, they?re really beat up.. it?s summer shroom season weather now, and the shrooms are of lesser quality.

They will dry nicely though.

I don?t foresee myself going out there into a pasture again, until winter-time when its less brutal and harsh.
-Also, i will mention, the Gymnopilus mushroom season just began here in SW Florida, and as usually the Gymno?s are just, everywhere, everywhere i walk and everwhere i drive i see dozens of Gymno patches, so, i?ll concentrate on those again for now, and get cheeto-fingers.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2951067 - 08/01/04 04:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

great score man!
and i am with you on the fire ant bites
i just got eaten up pretty good yesterday on a hunt
and it is burning and itching like a bitch today
i hope for your sake you didn't get eaten up too bad

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2951100 - 08/01/04 05:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Nice finds, GG. Those fire ants are a bitch. LK and I almost stepped in a few. The ants in the field we went to build mounds like 2 feet high.

I agree with waiting on going out into the fields though. This 90-100 degree weather blows. You should pick up some bug repellant man. I use this stuff thats 100% DEET. Not a single bug will land on me. They keep a good 3 feet away from me and I just laugh at them. I bet the 100% DEET stuff would even work on ants. It worked for repelling termites in Trinidad.

Good luck on the Gym season. I'm anxious to see how that turns out. Have you ever dosed Gyms? Is it different?

OfflineKasumeat
Truism

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC) [Re: Gumby]
    #2951159 - 08/01/04 07:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Bug repellant that's stronger than 30% DEET is considered unsafe for use. Be careful with that stuff.

--------------------
A utopian government is the best type.

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #2951258 - 08/01/04 09:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The nasty form of fire ants(Solenopsis invicta) was imported to the southeast in the late 1930's...

Imported Fire Ants

For the mosquitos, get this stuff as Gumby mentioned...

DEET

I was in a mosquito infested forest a couple years ago and as I walked down the trail, the skeeters moved out of my way, kinda like people move out of the way during the running of the bulls in Spain. It was like having a 10 foot invisible bubble around me. The best part though, it has virtually no bug spray smell.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2951502 - 08/01/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yep deet 100 is the shit. :thumbup:

If you don't mind me asking, where do you find the Gyms growing? All the books say they grow on wood chips, but I only ever find them on logs. Thanks.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC) [Re: shroomydan]
    #2951907 - 08/01/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Gymnopilus luteofolius grows on wood-chips yes.

Offlinethearmedforces
Disco Shroomerat 4:20

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #2951973 - 08/01/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Good to see GG as a mod.

Nice finds.

--------------------

"It is only those who do nothing who make no mistakes."
-Peter Kropotkin

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC) [Re: thearmedforces]
    #2952099 - 08/01/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Actually I think we should fire him and consider hiring me :smile: Nice pics GG!

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC [Re: Lizard King]
    #2952714 - 08/01/04 04:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I want all the oldschool Hunting mods back. That'd be neat.

LK, GG, me and MitchNast... like back in the day.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Last Pasture Collection for Me this Summer: FLA (PIC [Re: Gumby]
    #2953215 - 08/01/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LK, GG, me and MitchNast... like back in the day.

:sad: :sad:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2953383 - 08/01/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Gumby said
Quote:

Good luck on the Gym season. I'm anxious to see how that turns out. Have you ever dosed Gyms? Is it different?

Yeah i have bioassayed Gymnopilus luteofolius a few times.

Last year i photographed, collected, identified, spore printed, dried and cataloged about 14 seperate species of Gymnopilus mushrooms.
Three of those species were psychoactive, staining or exhibiting blue and/or blue/green

Those species were:
Gymnopilus luteus, G. luteoviridis, and G. luteofolius

All three have psychoactive properties

The only one i personally experimented with was G. luteofolius, and i called them "lutes"
The trip felt kind of tree-like, or wooden, :hypno: hey grow on wood-chips :mushroom2:

:blazed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies