Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Beef Jerky, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

psychadelic molds?
    #2949123 - 07/31/04 05:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Are there any psychadelic molds? I've heard Erot of Rye is very toxic, but it makes you trip.

And annother thing, is there a way to extract the active agents that are in a colinized BRF cake? Or maybe a way to grow mycelium that is edible and won't give you food poisoning?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: MAGnum]
    #2949175 - 07/31/04 05:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well i wouldnt go out in the woods and find yellow slime mold and eat it. stick to what your used to. you can try to grow that shit but you will probsblly be poisoned.

Peace and good luck,
((gAwK))

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: ]
    #2949218 - 07/31/04 05:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I would grow whatever mold and try to find a way to extract the goodness. Blue cheese is an edible mold and I have heard that Witch's Butter is good too. Cheese is basically molded milk in general.

What I'm looking to do above all is to try to eat mycelium. I wish there was a technique for growing mycelium in a way that I could eat it like blue cheese dressing.

Anonymous

#2949231 - 07/31/04 05:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

u got a point...so u can get high off of bleu cheese?

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: ]
    #2949237 - 07/31/04 05:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No, Blue cheese wont make you high, but I want to make Psylocybe mycelium cheese, or something like it.

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2950033 - 07/31/04 10:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There very well maybe (see the dream fish thread). BUT, no one goes around eatting molds to see if you'll trip... which is pretty dumb. There are no active agents in colonized cakes, it has to fruit several times, and even then it's not something I'd eat... blue chese mold... ya gotta wonder how they discovered such a thing...

--------------------

OfflineMerlinBurb
    #2950814 - 08/01/04 03:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

probrably a better alternative to going around eating moldy shit would be studying it. If you are into that kinda thing, or majoring in chemestry/biology or whatever, you could study the chemical compisition of the different kind, see if there is any known reaction with on to our body/mind, like Psilocin.

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2951001 - 08/01/04 05:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

there are actives inside a colonized cake

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: muse_sick]
    #2951170 - 08/01/04 10:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I didnt think there were actives till the very first primordia

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2952810 - 08/01/04 06:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Ive seen cakes bruise blue a week before pins formed. So yes, there is some in there.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: baraka]
    #2953049 - 08/01/04 07:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Ergot fungus is what LSD was originally isolated from by Albert Hoffman.
In the dark ages it was accidentally ingested by people in a cooked form in the breads they ate. This cooked form of the fungus was not as toxic as the fresh living fungus so the people who ate the breads didn't die, but they went on one hell of a tryp! All these people were running around tryping and they didn't realize it. This is what lead to the witch hunts and all those stories of vampirism, wear wolves, and other demonic beasts.

This is one theory about where all the stories of demonic possessions, evil witches, and wear wolves came form. These medieval christians were off their rockers on a powerful hallucinogen and had no clue at all, which caused all the hysteria surrounding the so called "heresy" of  paganism. Alot of innocent people were burned alive because the medieval christians could'nt handle their drugs! LOL    :mushroom2:+:jesus:=:murder:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: entheoindole]
    #2953061 - 08/01/04 07:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ergot causes gangreen.

it is very poisonious

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2954237 - 08/02/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Here's a quick mycology lesson with applications in cheese mold making. First off, Ergot is not a mold but rather a parasitic sac fungus in the phylum Ascomycota. It has little in common with mold fungi.

Many cheeses are made by souring milk and allowing bacteria to curd the milk until enough curd is available so it then can be pasturized, shaped and aged. Some cheese molds are made by using Penicillium from the phylum Deuteromycota.

Mushrooms like P. cubensis are in the phylum Basidiomycota which actually share little in common with the fungi in the phylum Deuteromycota.

Most if not all fungi that are catergorized in Deuteromycota are considered "left-overs" of the fungi kingdom and don't really fit well in any of the other 4 phylum. Many biologist actually structure their taxonmy with many of the Deuteromycota in a Kingdom of their own.

The typical mold fungus in the phylum Zygomycota has nothing to do with the manufacturing of cheese. Of the some 600 species in Zygomycota none are known to contain psycheldelic alkaloids but many are known to be deadly posionous.

The point I'm trying to get at here is. . . well . . . don't eat mold. The best case senerio is you'll get minor to moderate GI discomfort. Worst case senerio puts you 6 feet under.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: entheoindole]
    #2955440 - 08/02/04 10:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

>Ergot fungus is what LSD was originally isolated from by Albert Hoffman.

LSD wasn't isolated from ergot fungus, but was rather produced semi-synthetically using some chemicals in ergot as a precursor.

On ergotism:
"Ergotism is a complex disease that results from the ingestion of grains and cereals infected with ergot by humans and domestic animals. Ingestion of these long, hard, purplish-black structures usually lead to one of three main types of ergotism: gangrenous, convulsive and hallucinogenic. In gangrenous ergotism, people experience nausea, and pains in the limbs. Quite often bodily extremities turn black, dry and become mummified, making it possible for infected limbs to spontaneously break off at the joints.
In convulsive ergotism, people experience epileptic form seizures, ravenous hunger, violent retching, tongue biting or unusual breathing patterns. Because of this various parts of the body become grossly deformed. This results in permanent nerve damage and long recovery periods.
In hallucinogenic ergotism, people often experience symptoms of one of the other forms of ergotism along with vivid hallucinations.The other symptoms are very much like those of modern psychedelic drugs such as nervousness, physical and mental excitement, insomnia and disorientation. People with this form of ergotism were also observed to perform strange dances with wild, jerky movements accompanied by hopping, leaping and screaming. They would dance compulsively until exhaustion lead them to collapse unconscious. High mortality rates were associated with each of the three forms of ergotism."

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: psychadelic molds? [Re: Anno]
    #2955454 - 08/02/04 10:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Really interesting, Anno, thanks!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Beef Jerky, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience