Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
flaming and "post whoring" everyone please read this
    #2943293 - 07/30/04 02:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well I cam back from ozzfest today to se many threads contain flaming, or posts that have little to nothing to do with S&P. 

normally I would just suggest to read the S&P forum guildlines, but I am going to make a special case on this note. 

I'm going to post the guildlines here to make it very clear

Welcome to the Spirituality and Philosophy forum!
A place where you may express your deepest thoughts within an open community of diverse individuals.
While you post in this forum we ask that you abide by a few simple rules in order to promote the general peace.

1)No Flaming
2)No Baiting
3)Be Respectful
4)Come with an open mind
5)This isn't OTD...keep posts on topic where possible. Off-topic posts will be removed at the mods' discretion.

If you are found to be breaking one of these rules, provoking, insulting, or otherwise disrupting the general harmony and the people of this forum to the discretion of those involved and the moderators.. you will be subject to warning, either public or PM, second time may result in a temporary ban, and third may result in permanent ban, depending on the severity of the scenario. Just think before you post and all will be good

all is still good, but the threads I locked are going to be used as examples of what won't be tolerated on this forum

the other threads I deleted were for reasons because they provided no use to this board at all.  I did leave one thread open as it did provide some sort of S&P conversation.

I keep an open mind about the threads, and I really dont enjoy locking or throwing threads away, it's not my thing, but just plain insulting members of the boards doesn't help at all either.  and I'm not just speaking to cyberbeast either. please let's keep a general peace around here without making accusations and running into ego games.  :sun:

kaiowas

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
Re: flaming and "post whoring" everyone please read this [Re: kaiowas]
    #2943300 - 07/30/04 02:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:smile: Exactly.

--------------------
:hypno: :merkaba: :peace: My Trade List (2-12-16) :peace: :merkaba: :hypno: 

:nyan:
:discorex: :dancingbacon: :carlton:

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2943673 - 07/30/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Mod-man.. to the res-CUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!...  :blush:  :grin:  :thumbup: Good job. Let it never be said you're a newb mod. :smile:

P.S. Get your butt on AIM and tell me how Ozzfest was, newb. :wink:

Edited by JacquesCousteau (07/30/04 06:21 AM)

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2943752 - 07/30/04 06:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

/flame
/bait
/troll
/+1
/this is on subject! :smile:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#2944358 - 07/30/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you, Mr. Moderator.  :thumbup:

Offline777
Stranger
    #2945066 - 07/30/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wow Miscusi,

That signature is INCREDIBLY offensive.

How can something like that be allowed here?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: flaming and "post whoring" everyone please read this [Re: 777]
    #2945113 - 07/30/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

777 said:
Wow Miscusi,

That signature is INCREDIBLY offensive.

Because we are fortunate enough to have freedom of speech here, despite some of the fascists here who would wish to censor things which they find offensive.

PS: Lighten up.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offline777
Stranger
Re: flaming and "post whoring" everyone please read this [Re: silversoul7]
    #2945210 - 07/30/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

Because we are fortunate enough to have freedom of speech here, despite some of the fascists here who would wish to censor things which they find offensive.

PS: Lighten up.

I'm not the sun or even a light bulb, so technically, I can't "lighten up". What you really mean is, "tolerate nonsense." I refuse.

I don't find ignorance/nonsense of any kind something that should be condoned or overlooked. Freedom of speech is fine, nonsense/ignorance is not.

If you tolerate nonsense/ignorance that is your choice. I won't follow you there. But I'm also not going to say anything else about this either. If an individual is too blind to realize his/her own ignorance, or are even willing to consider it which is clearly the case in this situation, someone pointing it out isn't going to make them see, especially when they just don't want to see...

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2945254 - 07/30/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

come with an open mind 777.  I can see how yes you might get offended by that sig, but if it wasn't meant offend, why take offense?? don't let the ego play games with you, just sit back and chill.  this is a community here, and a damn good one.

besides, miscusi kicks ass !  :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2946266 - 07/30/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hahha "sweet lightbulb metaphor"

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2947392 - 07/31/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yea man this place has some characters.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#2947414 - 07/31/04 02:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet puppet action!

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: flaming and "post whoring" everyone please read this [Re: zorbman]
    #2948433 - 07/31/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think that there needs to be a line between freedom of speech and blatantly oppressive lanuage. Members of a community ought to be free to express themselves to the full extent, however we also need to create a safe space for everyone involved and if there is blatant and aggressive racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and any other sort of oppressive language I think we should deal with it.

There definitly should exist the freedom for everyone to speak thier minds but we also should have the freedom to respond to it and to ensure that verbal violence doesn't contaminate the community. There is a difference between exressing a concept or idea and being violently disrespectful with language.

I'm not claiming that the signature being criticised is an overt example of verbal violence, or oppressive language, but I would appreciate an explantion of what it means by the person who posted it. I don't think it's wrong to say words like "nigger" but the context and intentions certainly have to be considered.

Also, in dealing with concerns like this I personally prefer to directly address the person who has concerned me rather than running to the authorities to deal with it for me. Asking the individual what thier intentions are, and if they are offensive requesting the person to stop the behaviour/language, then perhaps if that doesn't work takling with other members of the community to arriive at a consensus on how to deal with the problem and then taking the course of action agreed upon....

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2948464 - 07/31/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wow.. yeah I haven't been around too much either the past week or so.. but I came on a few nights ago and the place was a mess.. took me an hour just to clean up a little.

Everyone please keep your OTD antics in OTD. This is not the forum for post-whoring, flaming, etc. This forum has run pretty smoothly for a long time, and very rarely do people get warnings for being out of line, but I must say that several have been handed out this past week, and I cannot be held responsible if your repeated actions here find you on the business end of Papaver's banning stick :grin:

With that said, everyone remember the key words:
Respect
Understanding
Compassion

Love and Light

Trolls and spammers are not tolerated in this forum. They are barely tolerated in OTD, let alone here.

So be at peace. Like the zen monks.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: flaming and "post whoring" everyone please read this [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2948476 - 07/31/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yes I agre niam...it is the intent behind the actions that count the most.  btw, welcome back, we've missed you!  :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: flaming and "post whoring" everyone please read this [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2948520 - 07/31/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Werd.... :thumbup: ahmen to that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom