Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PureVPN PureVPN   NordVPN NordVPN

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
So why should i vote for bush?
    #2948400 - 07/31/04 02:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Gimme a few examples

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: So why should i vote for bush? [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #2948405 - 07/31/04 02:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Because he's not Kerry?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2948407 - 07/31/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

he'll take away your rights and send you to war! :laugh:

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: So why should i vote for bush? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2948425 - 07/31/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
he'll take away your rights and send you to war! :laugh:

No clue if you were describing Bush or Kerry there. Applies to both quite excellently.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2948633 - 07/31/04 03:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

it'll be the day when the office is libertarian. eh?

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2948655 - 07/31/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

bush will cut taxes (nevermind he'll continue to spend more than ever before, nevermind the massive debts. sssshh you're not supposed to mention that part)...

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #2949062 - 07/31/04 04:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

He will not raise my taxes anywhere near what I think Kerry will, if at all. He is against the idea of a draft. He has not voted against every military or intelligence spending bill he has ever seen which, I believe, are legitimate concerns of the federal government. I would like it if the tax dollars from my state were proportionately spent on my state. Hopefully, he will try to privatize Soc Sec, (really hopefully he will try to eliminate it, but that has no shot). Mostly he will leave me alone far more than Kerry will. The greatest intrusion on my life by the federal government is through taxes. Soc sec and MC take 15% and fed taxes take another quarter or so. Kerry wants to solve the "health care problem?" How about cutting the nuts off of medical liability? Oh no, wait, his VP made a fortune from it. Should I have to pay for your doctor bills? Fuck, I'd rather you send them straight to me, without going through yet another government bureaucracy that adds further expense. The only health care reform I'd like to see is that insurance companies should have to offer "disaster only" insurance if they want to do that HMO shit. I can't even buy it and I'm currently subsidizing every jackass who goes to the emergency room for a hangnail and every stupid parent who screams for antibiotics for her kids cold.

--------------------

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: So why should i vote for bush? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2949083 - 07/31/04 04:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you know i've found through many conversations with republicans that it seems the main reason most are republicans to begin with is they want less taxes. All the other issues seem to be details on the side when compared to this. Gimme my tax cut and im happy is what the mentality seems to be. I dunno tho.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: So why should i vote for bush? [Re: Floydian]
    #2949145 - 07/31/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

On here you will find taxes and national security. Elsewhere you will encounter the god and morals nonsense. (Which the Dems are also trying to co-opt). I live in NY so the god and morals shit doesn't affect me. But the fucking taxes are brutal and I didn't much care for the bombing of the towers, ugly as they were.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2949223 - 07/31/04 05:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

explain the logic of cutting taxes but continuing to spend at tremendous rates - even more than Clinton ever did. seems a bit fishy, eh?

InvisibleDieCommie
    #2949259 - 07/31/04 05:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Shroomnoob, are you actually a swing voter? Or is this just a philosophical question?

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: So why should i vote for bush? [Re: Vvellum]
    #2949264 - 07/31/04 05:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Cut off the supply and the demand will wither, I hope. Deficits force reductions and he has had to deal with some extraordinary expenses, not the least of which is the recession handed to him by Clinton. Kerry will just increase the supply and the demand will increase. Do not ever forget that he is one of the most liberal of 100 senators. That means he wants to take money from productive, working people and give it to......losers.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie
    #2949301 - 07/31/04 05:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

We defiantly need to drastically cut social programs. I wish we had a fiscally conservative candidate, but we dont. Have we ever had a fiscally conservative president? One who cuts taxes and social programs? I cant think of one....

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #2949318 - 07/31/04 05:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The thought of Kerry wants to make me vomit. I like the way the war on terror is going, that is the only reason that I am for Bush. I am a fiscal conservative, and Bush doesn't seem to be much of one. Government doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. Don't expect privatising social security, public school vouchers, or real immigration discussion from Bush either. He is a hollow conservative, I guess that is the compassionate part. If John Kerry gets his hands on our medical industry we are all in trouble. Big fucking trouble.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: So why should i vote for bush? [Re: JesusChrist]
    #2949340 - 07/31/04 05:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Is this 3 Bush voters in a row???????? On the Shroomery???? Without the usual suspects. Stop the fucking presses people, we got a real story here

--------------------

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#2949351 - 07/31/04 05:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cut off the supply and the demand will wither, I hope. Deficits force reductions and he has had to deal with some extraordinary expenses,

If only that was true...if only. Fortunately for the politicians but not so fortunately for us, the federal reserve prints up all the money they need for the endless schemes of the welfare-warfare state. Stealth tax indeed.

The Libertarian cadidate is still on the table if you guys want to vote for a TRUE fiscal conservative.
|
\/

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2950102 - 07/31/04 11:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Cut off the supply and the demand will wither, I hope.

I used to think this as well. Unfortunately, the Republicans don't have the balls to do what it takes to get our fiscal house in order - they're too busy worrying about maintaining power, not doing what is right. The Dems of course suffer from a similar myopia and power lust, they just want to get more power and are willing to promise whatever the voters are stupid enough to buy into (regardless of whether or not they can deliver, regardless of the long term consequences).

Quote:

Deficits force reductions...

Not with Bush, all he's done is monetize the debt through the Federal Reserve, increasing the money supply, which is in fact a tax on every dollar in circulation and a giveaway to the first recipients of the new money created.

Quote:

... and he has had to deal with some extraordinary expenses,

Like his new medicare giveaways? Can you list the spending bills Bush has vetoed?

Quote:

Kerry.... That means he wants to take money from productive, working people and give it to......losers.

Kerry will take money outright through higher taxes, that is true. Bush takes money by stealth through monetizing the debt, and leaving future administrations to deal with the debt and current users of dollars with a devalued currency. Neither one of these clowns are is worth the time it takes to punch a ballot.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: So why should i vote for bush? [Re: Evolving]
    #2950498 - 08/01/04 01:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
Neither one of these clowns are is worth the time it takes to punch a ballot.

lets wait for the call of puppetry on this one... Prisoner under your name and in mine...

I agree whole heartedly... to bad the majority of voters are blind to the fact...
those that arent are either inelegible to vote due to a criminal record or are just too few...

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2950567 - 08/01/04 02:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Cut off the supply and the demand will wither, I hope.

I think it was Reagan who said: "If your kids are spending money foolishly, you cut off their allowance," meaning of course that the best way to reduce wasteful spending was to cut taxes.

The hole in Reagan's plan is simple: cutting the kids allowance is fine, but you also have to cut off their credit cards. Our government doesnt need an allowance when it has an unlimited credit card in every citizen's name. This credit card is called the Federal Reserve.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Re: So why should i vote for bush? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2950775 - 08/01/04 03:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you know. I really love this thread.  I never thought to ask the "others" why I should vote for bush.

Reading through these replies it seems like we all have the same concerns and fears. We also want to achieve the same goal, which is, I think to have an honest, thriving, happy country. 
And, for some reason that makes me wonder about the legitimacy of these candidates, the campaigning process, even the elections.  Does it really matter who wins??  I know it's not gonna be you or me.

These guys both have the same standard disagreements that you see every 4 years taxes, healthcare, abortion, homosexual issues,environment.. etc..

Think back to Clintons campaign promises and his opinions on the issues of that time, did anything actually really change? Sure, the economy was better, of course at that time there was nothing internationally that would have affected the economy negatively. Unlike now with this war :rolleyes:

I remember my father being really concerned over healthcare. Actually Zappa's comments reminded me of that day.  I was republican then :blush: (I was also 15.) and I remember worrying that Clinton would change healthcare like he *said he would* and insurance would mean nothing, they would lower the quality of healthcare. He did said he'd "improve healthcare"... well.... nothing happened... Bush/Gore election.. same thing... promise were made and forgotten or broken. I think logically Kerry is going to be the same way. Stop worrying about healthcare, stop worrying about the same stupid shit we've been worrying about for 50 years. They ain't gonna do it.
What's the key issues affecting America right now that we need to be questioning each other about?

For me, Homeland Security, he wants to increase, I want to see less.
The War that's really important.The war won't end with Bush. In fact, I don't have a clear memory of Kerry making specific statements about the War other then maybe saying he disagrees or doesn't like it or some vague opinion. That's a pretty fucking important issue don't yall think?

you're all going back and forth about money. I guarantee you there isn't going to be money while we're spending billions in Iraq.  I will also predict now and quote me on this later, Kerry will NOT pull troops out of Iraq. Maybe some... to appease us. But I'm pretty sure things with this peacekeeping war will not get better and the soldiers will be back. 
yall are  jones over healthcare when there's a way bigger picture.

I want to know about the oil situation. I know in the 70ties there was an oil crisis, I know that we all here will see the day when oil in America will be $6-8 a gallon, I know we can literally count the years till there is NO more oil. I know people like to ignore this situation as if it was theory not fact. I wanna know about that. Why isn't anyone talking about the oil situation. It was common knowledge in the 70ties (80??). Why did it lose it's importance which is should have gained. Oil isn't renewable.

We really need to start asking better questions or there's just no fucking hope. The politicians are thieves who steal candy from babies and right now the Americans are the babies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PureVPN PureVPN   NordVPN NordVPN

General Interest >> Political Discussion