Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinem0ck5

Loc: mid west the lands of no ...
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: Taz]
    #294746 - 04/16/01 09:26 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

i think though in stead of having just the cakes im gunna break them up and mix them w/ a soil shit mix when casing

--------------------
**support the FSR**
Hot_chick_with_nice_pussy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: m0ck5]
    #294748 - 04/16/01 09:28 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I aplogize to the community for getting in a flame with holographic mind, Thanks for the encouragement Jat. mock5...try those B+ if this is your first time, I would do those before the equadors, but you should think about getting them both, it will give you a good ideal of the meaning behind different strains. It will help to give you a good understanding if you grew both at the same time, what I mean is a few jars of b+ an a few of EQ's.

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: Taz]
    #294767 - 04/16/01 09:58 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

holo your right taz's pics are not extrodinary.......
but at least they are REAL. why are you so hostile anyway? did you daddy abuse you or sumthin?

Clearly, i want people to notice
that i don't want them to notice me...

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Offlinepsylohassee
enthusiast
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: holographic mind]
    #294782 - 04/16/01 10:25 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Poster: holographic mind
Subject: Re: how much does agar work improve yields?

You have proved that you are a novice with your abort cover cakes ;) If I ever sink to your level of patheticness, where I actually care what nobodies online think of me and feel the need to prove my self to them, I will shoot my self in the head/

If you hate us morons so much, why post??? methinks your trying to prove yourself to somebody. If you dont care what we think, why defend yourself relentlessly?? Methinks you lied in your above post.

To stay on topic a bit, with agar, you can innoculate peroxidated grain and cut down on contams. Spore innoculation, unless you spend money on a syringe, is more likely to contam, in my experience. So from a purely economical standpoint, agar can free you from vendor reliability.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: Lallafa]
    #294784 - 04/16/01 10:26 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I provide my mushrooms with the best environment I am able to for all stages of growth. Under indentical conditions it makes little or no difference, no yield increases are realized from the use of pure culture with psilocybe cubensis on such a small scale.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: psylohassee]
    #294787 - 04/16/01 10:29 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I defend my statements because they are accurate and I don't hate anyone.

Anonymous

#294796 - 04/16/01 10:41 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Holographic, if you took the time to read my post you would have seen I diidn't say multispores are bad. I'm just saying they are not as efficient as inoculating with a pure strain. Yes without the proper environment no strain or strains are going to grow well, I also stated that. If you visit a commercial mushroom lab, or grow operation and suggest multispore inoculation as a means to innoculate their substrate, they will do what I do every time I read your posts, LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you knew anything about shrooms, genetics, you would have noticed the only false statement I made in this thread. But like most the people around this BBoard, you don't know or don't care to know which statements are true, or which are false. KARYOGOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Sometimes I wonder who is on this site!!!!!!!

And by the way holohead, why is it that you used the words small scale. Do you really believe that something that is true on the large scale, would somehow be different on the small scale. Commercial grow ops are compartmentalized. Each tray is it's own proof as to what I'm stating, grow ops just fruit more trays of more substrate. And P. cubensis is no different than any other mushroom when it comes to this concept. Your stating that one Dikaryon is going to be so aggresive that it will start forming clamp connections with the other dikaryons and merge with them. This is what the BORG of mushroom philosophy. IT is a very infrequent occurence for strains to mate at the Dikaryotic stage, it occurs but infrequently. That brings us back full circle to an earlier thread in which you were trolling, CROSSBREEDING.

Edited by Teonan on 04/17/01 12:59 AM.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: ]
    #294807 - 04/16/01 10:57 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

teonan you are good at beating a dead horse. I don't even read all of your long drawn out messages, if you made a false statement I am sure it wasn't on purpose you are just trying to cover your ass. that is what the edit function is for. I am sure on a scale of millions of pounds of mushrooms, pure culture makes a difference with medicinal and gourmet mushrooms under cultivation. But for the home grower, growing psilocybe cubensis it makes no difference, stamets is not god and his writting is not scripture, multispore, pure culture, on a small scale with psilocybe cubensis it doesn't matter. in fact i have a interesting tidbit, panaeolus cyanescens actually tends to get contaminated on straw more easily from a pure culture than from spawn of a multi spore inoculation.

Anonymous

#294819 - 04/16/01 11:13 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

IT"S very clear you don't read my posts, and still probably don't relize which statement I made was false. Some people here are interested in mushrooms, not just cubensis or Cop.'s , and most people don't grow those on straw anyway. Stametes is extremely knowledgable but isn't the only source. I did go to school, an AG school. It is amazing what one can learn if you spend some time in a Library. There are all sorts of books on the subject. This is the last place I would come to study MYCOLOGY. This is a great place to see pics, get some advice, and most importantly get access to vendors to supply the spore races we all seem to enjoy. If it is an education you are searching for this is not the place to come. Edit function also allows you to add to posts, instead of adding a new post. My statement that contains the misinfo is not edited. I have told you twice what it was, and you still don't know.

Anonymous

#294846 - 04/16/01 11:57 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Whoa, did I just read

"stamets is not god and his writting is not scripture"

From holographic_mind / sean1234

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#294964 - 04/17/01 04:43 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I don't care to know what false statements you made poser, because you haven't grown shit and i never read your bull shit posts fully.

Offlineemetheus
enthusiast
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: Anonymous]
    #295029 - 04/17/01 08:17 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"stamets is not god and his writting is not scripture"

amen.
just because we've always done it that way,
doesn't prove that's best.
hollowmind has some valid points buried in his hostility.
for most home cultivators,
going to agar is a bit of extra effort for marginal differences.
many never bother with it at all,
and still get great results.
and growing a single strain has its' drawbacks,
esp. when pathogens attack.

Visit http://mycotopia.yage.net

--------------------
Visit http://mycotopia.yage.net

Anonymous

Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: emetheus]
    #295159 - 04/17/01 12:15 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Ever think that strain selection might result in greater contaminant resistance. I do home cultivate, but half the fun is at the agar stage. Being able to view the diversity of forms that the mycelium will express. This stage is not a must, but it can creat uniformity. Don't feed the fire with holograph.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#295161 - 04/17/01 12:18 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

teonan is a pathological liar and a goof.

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
    #295484 - 04/17/01 06:36 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

End this bullshit...

How about just discussing the question at hand and refraining from personal attacks.

My Answer: For PF style jars, there are so many other variables that it is doubtful that isolating a pure strain would increase yields to any noticible degree more than other factors from grow to grow. Weighted against the learning curve and the additional steps involved, plus the nominal cost to buy petris, build a glove box or HEPA system etc. I would say it is not worth it unless one is interested in purely intellectual aspects of learning about the way fungus behaves biologically.

By the way, I don't claim my answer is right...i am just trying to add to a discussion and not criticize anyone.

I emptied my bladder
at the top of a tower
and pee'd on the earth below...
...Fuck You, World!

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

OfflineKast
old hand
Re: how much does agar work improve yields? [Re: oOjonahOo]
    #295586 - 04/17/01 08:53 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Good point Jonah. I agree completely. For PF style cultivation, agar would be a unneccessary and probably pointless step. Multi-spore does work well on small scale, because as mushroom cultivation is scaled up to a commercial level, a few mushrooms per square foot CAN make a huge difference in profits.

Once a cultivator gets into agar use, not only does it become more fun, it becomes much more labor-intensive, time-consuming and overall, more expensive.

Teonan: It's obvious that you bloat yourself on your knowledge of mushroom culture and you take every opportunity to prove yourself to everyone by using big words and frankly, it's quite annoying. You remind me of a child saying "Well, cheese comes from the moon!" while blowing a raspberry. If you have something to contribute, do it. But dont act all high-and-mighty Mr. AG School Graduate. No hard feelings or anything, I just dont have much patience for immaturity.

Holo: Man, I know some psychologists that would love to get a hold of you. They'd have a field day. You seem to know what you're talking about but you're the type of person that accuses one man of something you do on a regular basis. YOU were the one quoting Stamets, not anyone else. But ultimately, you are right. Stamets is not scripture and I wish this community would distance themselves a bit more from such ideas, but hey, everyone needs an "idol", right?

I apologize for jumping into the argument, but sometimes you feel jittery and just have to speak what's on your mind, you know what I mean?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale