Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

Loc: NJ, USA
Weird Rue Purification
    #2946243 - 07/30/04 09:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I had bottled a water-based Syrian Rue liquid awhile back. I put a great deal of seeds in with alcohol (Isoprpyl and Ethyl) and Water in a blender and liquified it. Ater that I filtered it and bottled it. After that I let it sit for a week or so and the alcohol was no longer detectable. Last week I poured it into a pan for drying because I did not want to drink the liquid. Now when I scraped it out it came out in ribbons rather than powder or a sticky solid. Is this unusual? Can I roll it up and put it in a capsule for swallowing?

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods
This is quite possibly the easiest way to get something free on the internet. When asked which offer(yea, just 1) you will complete, you want to choose video professor. You can get a full refund on shipping and everything. Once five people (don't even have to know them) complete the offer as well...you get an IPod. I sh*t you not.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Weird Rue Purification [Re: raSman]
    #2948266 - 07/31/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ribbons, huh?
yeah, you should be able to encapsulate it...
sometimes harmala-stuff is rough on the g.i. tract... putting 100 mg or less into each capsule (fill the rest of the capsule with vitamin C powder or something) & take in divided doses every 20 minutes until you can feel the harmine effect, then consume whatever the "main psychedelic" may be for your evening of MAOi-fueled journeyings...
(if you dissolve your stuff in hot water (maybe with a pinch of something acidic like vinegar), filter hot & add (clear, non-sudsing, unscented) laundry ammonia, you will get a dam' pure freebase precipitate; filter or decant & rinse with ice-cold distilled water for clean f.b. ; may be re-crystallized from EtOH or other alcohol; the f.b. can be smoked, or re-crystallized as the HCl salt by dissolving in hot vinegar, adding salt, simmering down, & chilling for beautiful golden needles or mossy mats)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

Re: Weird Rue Purification [Re: gnrm23]
    #2948527 - 07/31/04 02:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

awesome man, ill hav to try nd make a freebase...thanx

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods
This is quite possibly the easiest way to get something free on the internet. When asked which offer(yea, just 1) you will complete, you want to choose video professor. You can get a full refund on shipping and everything. Once five people (don't even have to know them) complete the offer as well...you get an IPod. I sh*t you not.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2948691 - 07/31/04 03:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

are you going to take it alone or as an maoinhibator?

--------------------
lucidal expansion

OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

Re: Weird Rue Purification [Re: butterflydawn]
    #2949101 - 07/31/04 04:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

idk yet...y?

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods

Anonymous

#2949149 - 07/31/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

cuz i dont think you would want to take it alone

have a sitter please

OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

Re: Weird Rue Purification [Re: ]
    #2949268 - 07/31/04 05:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

o ok thanx...eventhough u r a different person lol

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods

OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

#2955501 - 08/02/04 11:10 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

is the precipitate (Ammonium acetate i suppose) able to be consumed (like in a capsule or something) or must it be turned into a HCl?

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2956217 - 08/02/04 02:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

the precipitate should be harmine freebase...
the solid powder (when dried) can be encapsulated & will mix with HCl stomach acid & be absorbed fundally...

~

a nice harmine HCl ppt can be obtained by simmering down the vinegar/seed extract & adding 100 g NaCl/100 ml liquid & chilling; the ham(al)ine HCl crystallizes right out, filter & dry well...
detailed recipe archived here, at lycaeum, at erowid, & several other places 'bout the web...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

Re: Weird Rue Purification [Re: gnrm23]
    #2980992 - 08/09/04 11:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

rite now i did all that nd hav the harmaline HCl...how do i wash the salt...what is the best method? (its kinda orangy rite now as apposed to yellow like my first batch came out)

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience