Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Vision Quests - The Herban Shaman's Personal Preference
    #2941503 - 07/29/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I beleive the experience must always be an attempt to look deeper into life's reality, not to escape that reality.  The attempt is to gain insights that otherwise would be impossible to gain. I detest  watching TV, or listening to music during a trip  :thumbdown:
  36 before I plan to vision I fast.  The night before the ritual I often don't sleep; I stay up reading, or trying to do something constructive. You will be exhausted on the day of ritual, this is intentional.  Stay hydrated, and only fast if you are in proper health to do so.  You can even ask your doctor if you're concerned; don't tell them why lol (say its religious,it is). On the day of medicine I eat something small with it (it helps prevent nausea for me).  I then walk in the forest near my home for about 2 hours, only hike whatever you are ready for.  Note:  I take a camel pack filled with cold water, some towels in my pack, tissues, incense, candles, lantern, my favorite blanket and bug repellant.  Bring anything you think you'll need plus more.  I am unsure why it takes so long to hit me, but I seldom feel much before 2 hours.  As I become fatigued I go to one of my usual meditation spots.  Find someplace with a breeze, or with shelter depending on whether.  My area happens to be on a former shale mine, so there are lots of places that perfect; coves and bluffs, grassy areas.  Find someplace that suits you personally and your mood that day.  I usually set up incense in a circle around me, this helps relax me, and repel mosquitos (I hate mosquitos when I vision).  :sun:I get really, really comfortable; this is very important.  :sun:

Soon I fall into deep trance; most times this occurs quickly after setting up camp.  Usually my body feels light, almost boyant.  My mind clears and my vision becomes more lucid.  I remain in this state and relax further over the next hour or so.  My mind wanders and thoughts drift.  I begin to close my eyes as the outside world becomes too much.  I then wander out of time and place. I am aware of where I am and what I'm doing, but I am not sure where I am going. 
  From this point my visions begin.  The nature of them varies.  Most recently I felt each wind shocked me into a new vision of the past.  Memories of my youth flooded me and it was as if I was turning the pages of my mind.  It was strange though, these were memories I never would have recalled normally.  It was like reading a book and flipping randomly through the pages to different scenes; the book was my entire life.  I thought that perhaps our spirits remember everything in our lives, and that maybe thier is some reason for this.  I felt very much like I was time traveling within my mind.
  Many times I feel as if I am guided by either my own or some freindly familiar spirit.  I am never sure of its intentions, but it clearly helps me "navigate."  Sometimes the spirit takes on the form of a reflection of myself.  Other times the voice can resonate from fetish objects that are brought to the meditation, or from an animal guide.  I have had only had one, short vision with an animal guide.  Out of a steamy lake a strange turtle with the head,feet,and tail of a dragon quoted something to me "One never falls asleep in the fire; only in the sunshine."  It is one of the strangest visions I have ever had; when he spoke I felt the ground shake and my bones grow cold, I was terrified but unsure why; he seemed freindly lol.  He crawled back into the water and I snapped out of my trance entiredly for a moment, spooked.
    I find I learn to control the visions and "quest" more and more each time.  I welcome tips that might help enhance my experiences.  Remember that this not a recreational experience, or at least it shouldn't be -- it can be so much more!!  :mushroom2: 
  So... what is my point?  I don't have one; only an opinion: When you go about these things you should turn off the TV, turn of the music, and put aside all those things except those needed to bring you closer to yourself.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Vision Quests - The Herban Shaman's Personal Preference [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2941561 - 07/29/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have found only insanity and more questions in these crazy realms, but if you work anything out let me know!

--------------------

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

#2941596 - 07/29/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

nice... I often like to feel more enlightened as well, but usually like to be outside listening to some easy music (pink floyd), but have never done what you have stated. I hate watching tv when I do them, it feels like I am wasting my trip when I do it. How much do you dose when you do this and by what means do you ingest them? It sounds like something everyone should do once in their lifetime....

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Vision Quests - The Herban Shaman's Personal Preference [Re: j_db69]
    #2945894 - 07/30/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I usually eat 6 big fruits, though it varies with the size. I do not require much for some reason. I eat them plain with water. Sometimes with a snack that I bring. Most of the time I do not chew, but instead tear them up in my hand. I love seeing them blue slightly, it reminds me of why they were once called "gods flesh." I take a vitamen C and B complex pill, it seems to help a lot (buy generic at wal-mart labled Bcomplex with vit C). Maybe it helps me personally get my vitamen balance right. BTW if floyd brings up a good point, music without words is cool many times. It can help set the mood. I personally don't like any outside influence though, I find it inhibiting and influencing. The wind might be the exception. Before I began to trip I was 100% athiest, now I'm at 97% lol. Sometimes my trips make me feel like I'm channeling the spirit of the wind, or that the land is talking to me. It is illusions like this that can bring you messages that seem otherworldly. Once, before learning that the land around my house used to be mining grounds I had visions of the land around me being blasted and trucks hauling rocks. I felt the waters poisoned, and the trees weakened or removed. Then as the vision progressed I saw that the skin of the land had been taken out but was now abandoned. It was like the land was comatose, then as plants recolonized it regained strength until it today, it is as it is. Weak, but powerful yet. This vision lasted almost 6 hours, I think. Dream like this open up the paths for doubt, and new thoughts. I think everyone should try to push the limits, not watch toilets flush ^_~

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
    #2945966 - 07/30/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I believe music has higher meaning on psychedelics, so some music IMO actually expands your mind to greater things. Shamans commonly use music when divining, but not pre-recorded music.

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2947544 - 07/31/04 05:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

very nice setting and preparing for the trip imo
to my mind your technique is also right for exploring

i prefer silent darkness as well,also believe that higher doses will let us flow into hyperspace

but on the other hand i also like to dance with psychedelics,which is also very nice technique for trance...
not only with high bpms,but also with some nice ambient music with some psy tunes in it,help me to trance and get into altered states...

nice post :thumbup:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlineshroominsmurf
enthusiast
Loc: Where The Good Times Are
Re: Vision Quests - The Herban Shaman's Personal Preference [Re: butterflydawn]
    #2948206 - 07/31/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wow herban you trip like me, i trip like once or twice a year usually when i go picking and maybe an occasion or 2 othertimes. and i ALWAYs trip the way u do. i find mushrooms to be extremely spiritual. and i don;'t wanna misuse them just for recreation. they are to precious to me. and how u do and how u describe your trips are just like mine. its nice to know someone else out there feels the same. amazing huh?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order