Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Which mycobag flavor?
    #2945131 - 07/30/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I am trying to decide on which myco bag flavor to go with. I am debating between grain, straw, sclerotia, rye, straw, and corn. I plan on inoculating with a spore syringe, and casing them when it comes time to fruit. Some recommendations or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what is sclerotia? I've never heard of it before.

How fast does the straw fully colonize, since it is being inoculated with spores as opposed to spawn?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNazrula
journeyman
Re: Which mycobag flavor? [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #2945201 - 07/30/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you are ordering multiple bags, I'd try and see if they would send you a variety and see what you like best. Me I am partial to the grain mycobags, particularly popcorn, but any should do fine.

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Which mycobag flavor? [Re: Nazrula]
    #2945262 - 07/30/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I was planning on ordering no more than 2 bags, since space is limited.

Also, do you think it's worth it to go with a larger 4lb bag, since you get more substrate for the money, but it would most likely take longer to fully colonize, right?

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2945279 - 07/30/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that if you contact MycoBag customer service they'd be happy to arrange a "grab bag" sample for you. We're also thinking about adding this as a permanent item to their shopping cart for those that want to give it a try in the future.

Sclerotia are hard, tuber like growths that form directly on substrate in-vitro, and sometimes in casing layers. It is a super dense form of mycelium built up as a survival mechanism for some mushroom species. Most notably are some active mushroom species like Psilocybe tampanensis and Psilocybe mexicana. These two produce sclerotia which is commonly referred to as "Philosopher Stones" or "Magic Truffles" in Holland smart shops.

http://www.sporeworks.com/mexicana-sclerotia.html

Straw bags really aren't recommended for direct spore injection. For your needs I would check out the simple Grian Based bag as mentioned above, or give the new "Corn-E-Morphs" a try.

Offlinebudro
journeyman
    #2945910 - 07/30/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yes the larger bags take much to longer colonize,even with the smaller,bags u have to be real patient

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract