Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Question for the daytrippers
    #2945473 - 07/30/04 05:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Say if you eat them around noon, after they wear off, will you be really tired, or would that work out about right for bedtime?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Found Traveller
Loc: NJ
Re: Question for the daytrippers [Re: j_db69]
    #2945493 - 07/30/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

In my case im not too tired until it's time to sleep, even if I've stopped tripping hours ago, but once you've come down I would suggest smoking some herb to keep your head straight till you sleep.

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2946040 - 07/30/04 08:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

last time i took lsd. I ate it at 7pm and by about 3am i thought i was all the way down but when i got to bed i coudlnt sleep. I was still getting cevs and my mind would not rest. I got up and smoked some more herb and it made me even more feel like i was still tripping. Finally once the sun was coming up i was frustrated and chugged down a few shots and i finally slept for like 12 hours.

The funny thing is the time before that i ate it at the same time of day and peaked much harder, but was able to sleep earlier.

Id say a good 12 hours before being able to think about sleep on lsd and maybe 8 with mushrooms.

This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (07/30/04 08:29 PM)

Loc: UK
    #2946129 - 07/30/04 09:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My first few trips I took the dose around 1pm, had a great time, finished around 6pm.

I wasn't tired at all, but certainly in a meditative, peaceful mood for the rest of the evening. I think this is actually a very good thing, gives you time to think over things that came up during your trip, and allows you to just be happy and enjoy the "afterglow". Once I went out with my friends to a bar aftewards, drank chai tea all night, very relaxing, I wasn't particularly social but it's just good to chill out for a few hours after a trip. Which is what a lot of "night trippers" miss out on IMO.

I am merely a parody.

mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2946165 - 07/30/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

trip around 3-4pm if you're doing mushies

sunsets are awesome, and you might realize how much of a specticle it can really be. by the time you are done really tripping, the stars will be out and you'll be basking in the afterglow. then you can go to bed and wake up feeling REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALY great!!!!

Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

User Gallery

Re: Question for the daytrippers [Re: kaiowas]
    #2946357 - 07/30/04 10:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I ate about 6 fresh cope,s at about 1:00 and came back to reality at about 5 or 6 o,clock.I wasent tired so i got with my friends and made some tea out of about 80 or 90 freash caps.We triped and smoked all night long .I had to go put fence posts up in the hot sun all day.When i got home i ate,took a shower and slept about 30 minutes and my brother woke me up wanting me to do some coke with him.I couldent resist,so me and him went and got some more Cope,s it was a bunch.I ate them till my stomach started hurting.I was tripping pretty hard and my brother was triping his ass off.I ate about three times as much as he did.By the time i came down from that trip it was about noon.I fell asleep and woke up the next morning and my friends came back and we took a bunch of zannies i barrowed from my unkle,I cant remember after that and im tierd of typing, theres a lot more to the storie that i cant remember.Who gives a fuck but that was the tiredest ive ever ben in my life.

Ah Shit

Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2946948 - 07/31/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think I said this elsewhere.

I work the night shifts so naturally when I get a few days off, I'm up all night (in accordance to my sleeping pattern).

So I dose at around 2 am and play inside for a few hours with trip toys, and musical instruments, meditate etc.. at around 4:00 I head out to this park by my field where I'm peaking just as the sun is rising, after about an hour of observing the pretty colors, I venture into the forest and look for animals, look at flowers, meditate in large open fields.

I think this is the best time to trip (only becase I'm totally egocentric.

We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience