Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
This explains some things...
    #2942374 - 07/29/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Originally posted on the News forum:

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4921.shtml

Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior
By TERESA HAMPTON
Editor, Capitol Hill Blue
Jul 28, 2004, 08:09
Email this article
Printer friendly page

Test your IQ!

President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President?s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

?It?s a double-edged sword,? says one aide. ?We can?t have him flying off the handle at the slightest provocation but we also need a President who is alert mentally.?

Angry Bush walked away from reporter's questions.
Tubb prescribed the anti-depressants after a clearly-upset Bush stormed off stage on July 8, refusing to answer reporters' questions about his relationship with indicted Enron executive Kenneth J. Lay.

?Keep those motherfuckers away from me,? he screamed at an aide backstage. ?If you can?t, I?ll find someone who can.?

Bush?s mental stability has become the topic of Washington whispers in recent months. Capitol Hill Blue first reported on June 4 about increasing concern among White House aides over the President?s wide mood swings and obscene outbursts.

Although GOP loyalists dismissed the reports an anti-Bush propaganda, the reports were later confirmed by prominent George Washington University psychiatrist Dr. Justin Frank in his book Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President. Dr. Frank diagnosed the President as a ?paranoid meglomaniac? and ?untreated alcoholic? whose ?lifelong streak of sadism, ranging from childhood pranks (using firecrackers to explode frogs) to insulting journalists, gloating over state executions and pumping his hand gleefully before the bombing of Baghdad? showcase Bush?s instabilities.

?I was really very unsettled by him and I started watching everything he did and reading what he wrote and watching him on videotape. I felt he was disturbed,? Dr. Frank said. ?He fits the profile of a former drinker whose alcoholism has been arrested but not treated.?

Dr. Frank?s conclusions have been praised by other prominent psychiatrists, including Dr. James Grotstein, Professor at UCLA Medical Center, and Dr. Irvin Yalom, MD, Professor Emeritus at Stanford University Medical School.

The doctors also worry about the wisdom of giving powerful anti-depressant drugs to a person with a history of chemical dependency. Bush is an admitted alcoholic, although he never sought treatment in a formal program, and stories about his cocaine use as a younger man haunted his campaigns for Texas governor and his first campaign for President.

?President Bush is an untreated alcoholic with paranoid and megalomaniac tendencies,? Dr. Frank adds.

The White House did not return phone calls seeking comment on this article.

Although the exact drugs Bush takes to control his depression and behavior are not known, White House sources say they are ?powerful medications? designed to bring his erratic actions under control. While Col. Tubb regularly releases a synopsis of the President?s annual physical, details of the President?s health and any drugs or treatment he may receive are not public record and are guarded zealously by the secretive cadre of aides that surround the President.

Veteran White House watchers say the ability to control information about Bush?s health, either physical or mental, is similar to Ronald Reagan?s second term when aides managed to conceal the President?s increasing memory lapses that signaled the onslaught of Alzheimer?s Disease.

It also brings back memories of Richard Nixon?s final days when the soon-to-resign President wandered the halls and talked to portraits of former Presidents. The stories didn?t emerge until after Nixon left office.

One long-time GOP political consultant who ? for obvious reasons ? asked not to be identified said he is advising his Republican Congressional candidates to keep their distance from Bush.

?We have to face the very real possibility that the President of the United States is loony tunes,? he says sadly. ?That?s not good for my candidates, it?s not good for the party and it?s certainly not good for the country.?

? Copyright 2004 by Capitol Hill Blue

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: This explains some things... [Re: Ravus]
    #2943883 - 07/30/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hee hee

I've often thought if an honest psychological evaluation of world leaders was to take place most (if not all) would prove to be completely loony tunes. "paranoid meglomaniac"

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2943992 - 07/30/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not a Bush fan, but at the same time, this shouldn't be considered a laughing matter. "Loony tunes?" A mental illness is still an illness. Nonetheless, mental health concerns should never be an issue for a world leader. Scary thought.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: This explains some things... [Re: Viaggio]
    #2948526 - 07/31/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You know, JFK got "pep shots", that contained vitamins...

as well as methamphetamines and heroin/morphine

andrew jackson got pissed off at banks for not doing what he wanted, and caused iirc our nation's first Great Depression

leaders should be a little crazy.. because there's only two sides. crazy, and slimy.. somewhere between the two there's a place that's just crazy enough to not be slimy, but slimy enough to still be a little sane.

Aside that it only takes a matter of a very few short years to erase the mark of a madman, but a true slimeball's touch lingers.
how long do you think the DMCA will unlawfully infringe our consumer's fair use rights? how long do you think bush will be able to keep a lid on stem cell research?

I know damn well where i'd put my money if i was a bettin' man.

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #2948994 - 07/31/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

is this true? can it be confirmed by other sources? Is Bush actually on anti-depressants? If so thats just fucking classic.

Long live the American Dream!

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: This explains some things... [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2950294 - 07/31/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mushmonkey said:

andrew jackson got pissed off at banks for not doing what he wanted, and caused iirc our nation's first Great Depression

id like to hear more about this, be it in this thread or its own.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: This explains some things... [Re: BleaK]
    #2958824 - 08/03/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson#Jackson.27s_opposition_to_the_National_Bank

that makes it sound a lot calmer than i remember it being.

thats right, he wasn't JUST an indian killer, but a brash and all-around tempermental guy in all aspects :wink:

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: This explains some things... [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2959001 - 08/03/04 03:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

that article talks about events much before the great depression.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: This explains some things... [Re: Viaggio]
    #2959142 - 08/03/04 06:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Laughter is the best medicine

:lol: :pill2:  :syringe::doh:

:goodluck: GWB - we're all behind u - u can make it back to the 'real world' (whatever that means)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: This explains some things... [Re: BleaK]
    #2962794 - 08/04/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"that article talks about events much before the great depression. "

yeah the caps initially was accidental.. not the 1930s Great Depression, he nearly causes an economic/financial collapse of his own, back while he was in office.. i believe what he did was essentially withdraw all of the US funds from the bank -- which obviously was about all of the actual money they had.

it wasn't nearly as bad, it did have an effect though not great, but there was quite a scare..

i'm really hopin i'm remembering all this us history right. been a while heh.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder