Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Something's been forgotten.
    #2943967 - 07/30/04 11:15 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Something has been forgotten- lost in the details and in the interest of the "individual"- lost in the independant spirit- i.e.- I don't like the available choices. This thing that must be remembered and held to the light for the sake of its need of visibility and inspection, is that rather you like it or not, rather you are a republican or a democrat, rather you do or do not feel that your vote will count and then this inspires an apathetic "I'm not voting" inside you- you will, if still a resident of the United States, have to live with one of the TWO AVAILABLE CANDIDATES next year. Bitching about the need for alternatives and as someone ina recent post put it: Getting fucked at both ends- won't help you- it will render you impotent and your lack of willingness to participate in the system of voting will leave you very likely a president like George Bush, who is approaching having the ability to make serious inroads to hitlers schematics and a life of rampant, though at first unseen big- brotherism. Please vote- and rather or not you vote for Bush or Kerry I don't really care- but vote because it is the most important thing you can do one day out of the year. It will not be worth it to fight about the problematics of BOTH parties- you will inevitably live with the voterships decision to install one of them into our highest office. It will happen so be realistic and vote for SOMEBODY. Bitching about the flaws of both parties or saying "my vote doesn't count" will not produce a third candidate- (and if you vote for Nader let it be known you are throwing money at the republican party- let's be honest about voting for someone who will never get elected just to be different and more honest about your principles- it draws votes away for the least of two candidates who one of whcih WILL win. Nader is a losing strategy- voting for one of the two REAL candidates is a strategy for those who remember they live in the real world and must work every day to combat the effects of idealism that cost Gore votes last election.) As much as I want to see the mass grave- maker Bush out of office (or worse- though I guess you can't say that till he's out of office)- I encourage everyone who can and can be swayed to to vote for either Bush or Kerry and to do so because unless you're planning to leave the USA, it's leaders are inevitable and just around the bend is your fate, layed out before you and the only way you have any controll over the process is before the candidate gets into office- not afterwards. Bush showed us that. You live with your president(your mistakes I mean). So be responsible and stop saying I don't buy into all of that- yes you do- every day of your American life you do- stop lying to yourself 364 days out of the year and vote like you have half a brain.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: Something's been forgotten. [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2944142 - 07/30/04 12:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah wherever you live and whatever the local regime - "be responsible and stop saying I don't buy into all of that" and for God's sake don't try to be different or opt out - don't lie to yourself about the possibility of change - just buy it!

You must obey the rules!

"and we hold these truths to be self evident-
George W. Bush is not our president."
-Ani Difranco

Going out and voting made a big diffenence last time eh?

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2944278 - 07/30/04 12:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

People have been using the strategy of voting for the lesser of two evils for a very long time, that has brought us to where we are today. Is the strategy working? How often have the democrats reversed the acts of the republicans? How often have the republicans reversed the acts of the democrats? No matter who is in charge from the two major parties, the slide towards fascism continues (not a Hilterian type, but our own, unique American version ). Who is living in the real world?

I guess you are right, it's important that you buy into the system and support the statist quo, how else are you going to fool yourself into believing that your vote counts, that you are actually making a difference? Yippie, I voted for the winning candidate! Our rights continue to erode, the average man's labor benefits less and less his family and more and more the state, and the government continues to grow more intrusive and more oppressive - but at least I got to pick the president. Yep, I made a difference, like an inmate voting for which guard to be the warden.

Thanks for your little bit of federal government propaganda to continue business as usual. I played your game too long before, I will not sanction the destruction of liberties, I will not lift chained hands in celebration of those who forge new links, my conscience will be my guide.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #2955564 - 08/02/04 11:27 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

here's a thought for you:

Let's remember the founding fathers of America. They took a massive opt out when they set sail from England. Luckily for them, in those days it was easy to go to another part of the world and take a tribe's land off them in order to start your own political experiment and favoured social system.

It was certainly a part of the evolutionary process of humanity and despite a lot of (extremely deserved) criticism, (Let's not pussy foot around - there has been as much evil perpetrated by America as any of the world's worst regimes) America has been a key part of the evolution of social systems.

However times continue to move, and once again we are way overdue on the next development. We must not now be complacent, we must move forward. Dare u leap?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion