Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Microscope, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJohnCo
Stranger
Potency issues - 45 wet grams yielded insignificant trip
    #2943879 - 07/30/04 10:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

AFOAF is new to cultivation. She did the PK tek, getting a number of cakes, one of which was fruited directly. The remainder were cased or went to corncob mix. The fruited cake looked excellent. She let the shrooms grow pretty large. The caps had opened pretty significantly but this was a scheduling necessity. They would have been harvested earlier if they could have been. The first flush yielded 45 wet grams.

A general 10/1 wet/dry ratio would make this about 4.5 dry grams, enough for a pretty nice trip.

She ate 30 of the grams about 4:00 in the afternoon on a semi-empty stomach. By 5:00 she was feeling the general coming up feeling. Anxiousness, a body uneasiness, stomach unsettled, quick to laugh, even printed words would shiver on the page every now and then.

By 6:00 this feeling levelled off. The above feelings would come and go in waves for her. There was a final lull, which she interpreted as the quiet before the storm. During this time she made some pasta and ate it. After eating, it became obvious that this lull was permanent and there would be no storm.

At 8:00 she ate the other 15 grams. Still almost nothing happened. Again, it was the coming-up of lesser intensity without the actual trip.

The spores were b+ from Spores 101.

Can anyone pinpoint what may have gone wrong? Am I correct that 45 wet grams should have given her an intense trip and that the potency of the shrooms must be off? Did letting the caps separate from the stem for a pretty signficant amount of time kill the potency?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
Re: Potency issues - 45 wet grams yielded insignificant trip [Re: JohnCo]
    #2943889 - 07/30/04 10:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yes it did, chances are that when those shrooms were ripe for picking that they might have weighed maybe 20g and after you let them overmature they did not lose any psylocybin but did not gain any either, so you bulked up your shrooms and you made 20g worth of potent shrooms into your 45. after the caps open they gain weight not psylocybin. i think that shrooms grown off of pf-tek aren't as strong as ones grown off of grains and definately not near as strong as manure. so you maybe ate about 20g i dunno how much weight they gain after over maturation. good luck with the hobby and have fun!

Offlinecyndyl
mycologist wannabe
Female

Loc: far away from home
    #2943901 - 07/30/04 10:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would not eat during a shroom trip. The fasting before is a good thing. The heavy meal of pasta only that far into the trip I'm sure had some effect.
I also agree with bent's comments concerning weight.

BTW, I'm sure your mistaken about Spores101. Anything bought from a shroomer vendor is used under the microscope only not for illegal purposes!!!

--------------------

There's no such thing as a stupid question,
but they're the easiest to answer!

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#2944261 - 07/30/04 12:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't eat for at least 8 hours before I trip. Eating fresh shrooms has always been hard to determine how hard you might trip When in doubt EAT TWICE WHAT YOU THINK YOU WILL NEED!!!!!!!!

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #2951553 - 08/01/04 01:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

those shrooms would have kicked her ass if they would have been picked just before or just after the veil broke. the 10/1 ratio is not good to follow either .i've had 11.95 grams wet dry down to .72.growing can be time consuming"well, it might just be me" back when i grew ,i would check on mine every 2 or 3 hours to harvest them in their prime.and about brown rice flour being weaker than cow shit,thats"BULLSHIT".pick them in prime and dry them as fast as possible.if your friend starts to believe she can handle 4.5grams easy,she will be in for a BIG suprise ! peace valiums =unstoned

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Potency issues - 45 wet grams yielded insignificant trip [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #2951644 - 08/01/04 01:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i don't care what anyone says i know a guy that knows a guy and his cousins boyfriend nephew grew the same thing. Its the strain!!!!! on brf. there just not potent on brf. advice from someone who knows get some golden teacher.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Potency issues - 45 wet grams yielded insignificant trip [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #2951669 - 08/01/04 02:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

another thing to think about when your metioning potency. how big is ur colonized substrate. for instance if you grew a tomato plant out of half pint jar. how big would ur tomatoes get? and how juicy would they be?

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
Re: Potency issues - 45 wet grams yielded insignificant trip [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #2951844 - 08/01/04 02:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

are you saying golden teachers r weak? i have grown EQ,AMZ,MR,TCOAST and AFRICANS and 5grams will flaten anyone who has not aquired a tolerence"hasn't tripped in a month".i have been unable to tell difference in strains of cubensis after 5years of grow exp.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

OfflineTripTimes
Re: Potency issues - 45 wet grams yielded insignificant trip [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3056936 - 08/27/04 06:38 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"yes it did, chances are that when those shrooms were ripe for picking that they might have weighed maybe 20g and after you let them overmature they did not lose any psylocybin but did not gain any either, so you bulked up your shrooms and you made 20g worth of potent shrooms into your 45. after the caps open they gain weight not psylocybin. i think that shrooms grown off of pf-tek aren't as strong as ones grown off of grains and definately not near as strong as manure. so you maybe ate about 20g i dunno how much weight they gain after over maturation. good luck with the hobby and have fun!"

I have some experience with shrooming and have posted here before on an old name I used to have(forgot password and name LOL) This could explain why I only had an ego loss trip once on 70g, the rest of the time it was like a level 3 or so. I had waited till the caps completely opened then saved some caps for prints, ate the rest, stem and cap. thus 70 grams of overmature shrooms may only be 45 grams of potent shrooms, not only that, all my shrooms were made with the pf tek. The one time I lost my ego on 70g was due to many aborts and three big shrooms that were only 2/3 mature, so gram for gram they were much more potent. I have done 120g fresh one time and didnt trip as hard as that 70g.

"When in doubt EAT TWICE WHAT YOU THINK YOU WILL NEED!!!!!!!!"

unless your prepared for a real intense trip with the possibility of ego loss, dont!

"Its the strain!!!!! on brf. there just not potent on brf."

flours like brf, whole wheat, rice, rye dont have the proper nutritions or so I have heard so the shrooms dont grow as well, fast, large nor potent. still quantity can make up for that :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Microscope, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience