Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

has anyone ever heard of shrooms giving seizures?
    #2943338 - 07/30/04 05:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The first time I ever tripped I remember falling to the floor and 'coming to' on the couch with my friends freaking out all around me.. I had no recollection of what had just happened or anything. Nor did I understand why they were freaking out..

The next day they told me I was on the floor knocked out and twitching like crazy.. I'm thinking it may have been a seizure.

I had seizures when I was just a baby but have never had them since... I've also taken shrooms after that first time and never had any problems like that.. any thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
Re: has anyone ever heard of shrooms giving seizures? [Re: ]
    #2943791 - 07/30/04 09:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yea that has happened to me. I think it is because of not enough blood getting to you brain.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2943855 - 07/30/04 09:54 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

One of my friends at mushrooms 2 times no problem. On the third time we were out at a park, it was fairly hot out, and he ate 3 grams, more than ever before.

He started to feel the come on fast, he was laughing to the point of tears at everything, then he quickly stood up, walked, sat down, then collapsed and had a seizure.

Similar to you he woke up later, felt great, had no idea what happened and tripped nicely.

With mushrooms in your system you just have to take it easy, no rapid movements, relaxed attitude.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: has anyone ever heard of shrooms giving seizures? [Re: daft]
    #2945743 - 07/30/04 06:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

When i did shrooms once evey time i closed my eyes i would shake because i couldnt control my body. The visuals in my head were making me move. I had a whole 3d landscape with geometric shapes going, i brought a open eye visual in and expanded it.

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
    #2945887 - 07/30/04 07:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm Pretty sure I've read that before, that People proned to seisures should not take mushrooms. but that definately sounded like a seisure, but I could be wrong so don't take my word for it

--------------------
1.Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow man.
2.Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.
-Timothy Leary

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2946906 - 07/31/04 01:59 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Difficult to see how shrooms themselves would physically cause seizures as they're far less toxic than aspirin but this is from a medical site:

Psychosomatic illnesses are characterized by symptoms for which no physical cause can be found. People with these disorders are not faking symptoms. They truly believe that they are caused by serious illness. In conversion disorder, which used to be called hysteria, emotional conflict and extreme stress are unconsciously converted into physical symptoms. Symptoms usually appear as the loss of a physical function. They may include paralysis, seizures, false pregnancy, blindness or the inability to walk or speak. Episodes are usually of sudden onset, brief and may recur. Characteristically, people with conversion disorder do not seem to be appropriately alarmed by their severe symptoms. Conversion disorders usually occur in adolescence or early adulthood. Symptoms may help the person avoid dealing with an internal conflict, avoid a disliked activity or get support from others that he or she might not otherwise receive. They usually disappear when the situation that caused it improves.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience