Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblujack
Stranger
best way to eat?
    #2941217 - 07/29/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

went out today for the first time and found some nice cubes, and was wonderingwhat the best way to eat these is, i see that most people eat them after they are dried and powdered, but can you eat them fresh, and if so, how much would the dose change? ive never eaten mushrooms before and was wondering what the normal doses for cubes are? and also if drying is the only way to go how can you dry them without a dehydrator, can you put them in a drawer or the closet for a couple days? and do you have to dry them to make tea? any help would be great thanks.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: best way to eat? [Re: blujack]
    #2941373 - 07/29/04 04:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, mushrooms contain approximately 90% water so when they are dried they weigh about 1/10 th of the fresh weight.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_dose.shtml

so multiply those dosages by 10 and you have fresh weight dosages. start low 15-20g fresh or so if it's your first time.

oh yeah and bookmark www.erowid.org you can find lmost anything there :laugh:

OfflineJvilleshroomer
Inspire strikesback

Loc: jacksonville, NC
Re: best way to eat? [Re: stefan]
    #2941615 - 07/29/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ALright what i do to dry my shrooms is:

1) put them on a towel or paper plate and set them in a walk in closet with the light on and leave door open so air circulates. Drys out in about 24 hours

2) Buy some epsom salt at your local wal mart and a tupperware container and tin foil. Line the bottom of tupperware with epsom salt and then put a layer of foil over it and use a fork to poke a few holes in the foil then place ur mush in and close it up. Will dry in 24 hours or less.

I LOVE to eat mine fresh or just ball up and chew the dry ones but i've also take 30+ caps and mixed with about a liter of OJ and blended that. Also found that moutain dew works well if added to the oj mushroom blend.

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

#2941670 - 07/29/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Best and easiest to dry them is to put them in a little basket or something with a fan blowing right on them, will be cracker dry in 2 days or less. The bigger fruits I take a knife and slice them down the center, always cracker dry in 2 days.

Offlineblujack
Stranger
    #2942165 - 07/29/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for your help guys....I wanna try these as soon as they dry out, but one more thing i wanted to ask, I weigh 240 does weight have anything to do with dosage?

Offlineblujack
Stranger
    #2942238 - 07/29/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Just was looking in the poisonus lookalike section here, and i saw the Hypholoma fasciculare and it looks just like the PSILOCYBE CUBENSIS that freaked me out a little, is there any defining characteristic that should be looked for?

OfflineCrazyJulio
journeyman
    #2942310 - 07/29/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

What were the mushrooms you found growing on? Take a spore print and check the color. Do they bruise green/blue?

OfflineJvilleshroomer
Inspire strikesback

Loc: jacksonville, NC
    #2942311 - 07/29/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

P. CUbensis
CAP 1.5-8 (10) cm broad, broadly conical or oval or bell-shaped (often with an umbo ) when young, gradually expanding to convex, broadly umbonate, or plane; surface smooth or with small whitish veil remnants when young, viscid when moist, soon dry, color variable: whitish with a brown to yellowish center, or entirely yellow to yellowish-buff to yellow-brown, or sometimes cinnamon-brown when young and sometimes dingy olive in old age; bruising and aging bluish; margin sometimes hung with veil remnants. Flesh firm, white, staining blue or blue-green when bruised.
GILLS Close, adnate to adnexed or seceding to free; pallid, soon becoming gray, then deep purple-gray to nearly black; edges whitish.
STALK 4-15 cm long, 0.4-1-5 cm thick, equal or more often thicker below, dry, white or sometimes yellowish to yellow-brown, aging or bruising blue or blue-green; smooth.
VEIL Membranous, white or bluish-stained, usually forming a thin, fragile, superior ring on stalk which is blackened by falling spores.
SPORE PRINT Dark purple-brown to blackish; spores 11-17x7-12 microns, elliptical, smooth, thick-walled, with a large apical germ pore. Cystidia present on faces of gills, but chrysocystidia absent.

HABITAT: Solitary or in groups on dung and manure, especially in cattle pastures; widely distributed in the tropics and subtropics-Colombian, Central America, Mexico, etc-and in the Gulf Coast region of the United States.

Take a spore print and compare your finds

H. Fasciculare
SPORE PRINT Purple-brown to deep purple-gray; spores 6-8 x 3.5-5 microns, elliptical, smooth. Chrysocystidia present on faces on gills.

Habitat should help you determine as well seeing as cubes are found in or around maunerd fields/lawns mostly in my experienc growing from a cow pattie or right near one.

OfflineKasumeat
Truism

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #2943268 - 07/30/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blujack said:
thanks for your help guys....I wanna try these as soon as they dry out, but one more thing i wanted to ask, I weigh 240 does weight have anything to do with dosage?

Yep, dosage is indeed affected by body weight, although not as much as with many other substances. At 250 lbs., I'd go for 20-25 grams wet for my first time. There's not much point in drying them out if you have them wet, except if you have too much for one dose. They'll lose a bit of potency.

--------------------
A utopian government is the best type.

Offlineblujack
Stranger
    #2944607 - 07/30/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I found them right next to a cow pasture, in an oak hammock but there are a lot of cow patties and im pretty sure it was on one, also, when i picked one up it had a white veil covering the gills, So i am pretty sure it is, it also bruised blue green, but the spore prints are close to the same in both mushrooms, i took a spore print and it was dark purple...thanks for the help guys

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck