Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineflyboy217
Stranger
Alone or not?
    #2940600 - 07/29/04 02:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If I'm camping with friends and they don't want to try shroomies, is it still prudent for me to take them alone? Or should I wait for an opportunity to have them with friends?

I think I'll be okay going solo.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Alone or not? [Re: flyboy217]
    #2940615 - 07/29/04 02:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If you think you'll be ok, you most likely will. Plus it sounds like you'll have friends around, they just won't be tripping which shouldn't be too bad as long as they are cool and you enjoy being around them. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Alone or not? [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2941288 - 07/29/04 06:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Tripping alone can be a very spritual experience. Many time your freinds and other elements can interfere with your minds journey and prevent you from deep insights. My personal preference is to trip alone, but many do not agree. You must learn for yourself.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinekitteh
yeehaw

Loc: SC
    #2941675 - 07/29/04 07:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I hate being the only one thats tripping. I start thinking my friends think im retarded cuz i laugh so much =p

Offlineflyboy217
Stranger
    #2941995 - 07/29/04 09:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Keep in mind I've never tried them before.

Thanks for the responses thus far.

OfflineSalsaSaint
Stranger
    #2971568 - 08/06/04 12:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'd trip with somebody else who is also doing them. Start with a low dose and appreciate the potential efects that mushrooms have because too much too soon has stopped many people from continuing to experiment with these wonderful chemicals.

The thing is you are seeing things that you have never experienced. Somebody there that is seeing and feeling these things is extremely benificial as you can have a proper giggle with them. If you choose to do it with them you should make sure they realise how important a night it is.

The amount of times you hear about people who are straight that fuck with someone who is tripping is extrememly disheartening because they dont realise the significance of the experience. You have to have a lot of trust in the people you trip with.

This is why many end up tripping alone. People end up taking away what you want from the trip because everyone has their own agenda. It really depends what you are doing mushrooms for as to who you should trip with. But for whatever reason you decide to ingest mushrooms make sure you respect them.

So in conclusion I think you should ask one of them to do a low dose with you and work from there.

OfflineSiCkO
some white dude
Re: Alone or not? [Re: SalsaSaint]
    #2971658 - 08/06/04 12:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey there,

First time eh, you?ll have a blast! If your comfortable with yourself and confident my suggestion is down and eighth and smoke some dope?you?ll get a good experience. Personally I enjoy tripping alone, and that is my suggestion. It?s never fun to drink or smoke alone(I mean getting really messed up)?but I feel this is a different experience. If your going for a mind fuck you wont be able to interact with others and this may create some anxiety (at least I?m my case). I firmly believe that some things in life need to be experienced by yourself so that the most meaning can be taken. This is not the case for everyone though. Do some reflection and figure out what type of person you are. If you decide to trip w/ others and you get a little buggy, just walk away and become consumed in the absolute beauty of nature where there are no fears and inhibitions to get in the way (the ONLY way to trip in my opinion- then again that?s just mine). Oh, I wouldn?t worry about a sitter?unless you REALLY feel the need for one. Hope this helps. Enjoy.
-SWD

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3016494 - 08/18/04 02:21 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If you are a psychedelic virgin with psillies, and your friends arent experienced with tripping, I would recommend not doing that in those conditions.

Go out into nature with someone else, chill out and communicate. Draw some pictures, and listen to music, and just wile'n.

Since it is your first time, I would highly recommend having a friend trip with you as well. Probably keep it intimate, like a bonding experience.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Alone or not? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #3022020 - 08/19/04 05:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HerbanShaman said:
Tripping alone can be a very spritual experience.  Many time your freinds and other elements can interfere with your minds journey and prevent you from deep insights.  My personal preference is to trip alone, but many do not agree.  You must learn for yourself.

I agree:
1. Not everybody has lots of friends that are into drugs (especially shrooms).
2. When you're alone; you can explore the realms of your mind without being interrupted by some guy saying something like "wow, these walls are so cool man !!woooooow" :wink:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineSHR00MiN
PSYCH0PSiL0CYBiN

Loc: RI
    #3022828 - 08/19/04 12:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If im with my friends and im the only one tripping, it sucks..

I would say wait til your with other people who will do it..

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
Re: Alone or not? [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #3022898 - 08/19/04 12:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'd only think it would be fun alone entirely or with other people, of whom the majority are tripping.

InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
    #3023011 - 08/19/04 01:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Its always smart for the first time to start low and have a sitter on any trip.. however if you have a few friends around then i advise askin if one of them would take a small dose with ya.. like ares said youll bond with this person very well and itll make the experience even better :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

Loc: in my head
    #3024551 - 08/19/04 06:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

At the risk of sounding redundant, Ihere's my two cents:

1. Don't trip for the first time by yourself.  If you have let's say 3-4 grams available, then split it with a friend whom you trust in a safe and comfortable place.  (If you're camping out in the middle of nowhere, this is great.... but at a campground, I don't know...)

2. Tripping around those who aren't tripping is no fun at all.  You'll probably feel somewhat self-conscious, which will keep you from fully enjoying the ride.  Even if they are generally nice people, if none of them have tripped before, they will not understand why it is important for them to not interfere with your experience.  Seemingly inconsequential comments or behaviors on their part may send you down an unpleasant path.

Bottom line: I know you want to do them now.  It's so hard to wait!!  But if you can hold out until the time is right (you will know when the time is right) you'll be glad you did.

:goodluck:

--------------------
I am merely transcribing the thoughts of my blind buddy; none of the things I write originate with me. :wink:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3024622 - 08/19/04 07:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

your friends might be a bit annoying because they'll be sober, and I wouldn't try to talk to them much but yeah I say go for it you'll probably have a blast anyway!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Alone or not? [Re: shaman2b]
    #3025052 - 08/19/04 08:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shaman2b said:
Tripping around those who aren't tripping is no fun at all.  You'll probably feel somewhat self-conscious, which will keep you from fully enjoying the ride.Seemingly inconsequential comments or behaviors on their part may send you down an unpleasant path.

even the people you are tripping with can do this too :sad:.  my friend told me that my face was scaring him and it made me feel bad.  also, he kept telling me to "wait up" or follow his lead and it made me feel chained, until i just ignored him and went off by  myself.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Alone or not? [Re: kitteh]
    #3025060 - 08/19/04 08:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kitteh said:
I hate being the only one thats tripping. I start thinking my friends think im retarded cuz i laugh so much =p

that happened to me too!! one friend started mocking my laugh because i was laughing at everything, stupid or not, and it made me feel embarrassed (not a good feeling while tripping). some friends i can trip with others i cant.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineAVShroomer
LSD enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#3025720 - 08/19/04 10:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You'll be fine solo if ur friends are cool with it..

--------------------

'It's not a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom'
>**My Trip Journal**<

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: Alone or not? [Re: AVShroomer]
    #3025763 - 08/19/04 10:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

hah, gotta have more self confidence. if a friend of mine makes fun of me, i tell him to shut the shit up. i mean who cares what they think eh? they are probably just fucking around anyways.

however, if im really stoned, MAN i get anxious. like i dont even wanna talk cause i think im either being a dick or im talking to much. another reason im thinking of quitting the wizeed

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: Alone or not? [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #3025791 - 08/19/04 10:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SHR00MiN said:
If im with my friends and im the only one tripping, it sucks..

I would say wait til your with other people who will do it..

I reckon. :thumbup:

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Alone or not? [Re: JaRRn]
    #3025817 - 08/19/04 11:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You have to choose who you trip with very carefully. Normally I tend to trip alone, but there are those who you can share your experience with even let them play an antagonizing role in it. You need to find someone who realizes the spritual experience of fungus, and will help you, not hinder you during your vision quests. Sometimes this can mean total silence, sometimes just sharing a breakthrough or deep thought that they have. I have a new friend who I can't wait to trip with, despite hating tripping with most of my former freinds. Its all about having a connection that is somewhat more than material because all of this will disolve once you begin your vision quest.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience