Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Playing with guns [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2940327 - 07/29/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Guns are not allowed in the pub. :wink:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #2940329 - 07/29/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
I already told you I took one to the eye.They are totally toys, just don't shoot your flatscreen with em and everything will be alright.

sounds like you should never buy a real firearm if you cant comprehend a basic rule of safety

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Playing with guns [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2940331 - 07/29/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'ma bust out my pistol collection.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Playing with guns [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2940373 - 07/29/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phishgrrl said:

<insert some hippy vegan insult here>

:wink:

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Playing with guns [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2940411 - 07/29/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I do comprehend the basic rules of safety. I made a mistake, damn. I didn't say guns were toys, I said TOY GUNS are toys.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Anonymous

#2940495 - 07/29/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
about the rifle discharge... you may want to get the sear assembly checked out on that thing.

Yeah, I had that rifle checked out back when that happened. I still have all the glass I collected from the storm door it passed through. I keep it in a jar by the front door as a reminder. Luckily where I live it was a good 3 miles in that direction to any homes.

Quote:

Phishgrrl scolded:

What about axes?

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong still says:
I do comprehend the basic rules of safety. I made a mistake, damn. I didn't say guns were toys, I said TOY GUNS are toys.

Yes, it was a mistake, an accident, and only a poor innocent monitor suffered any ill affects. But I think the general point trying to be made is that, even a 'toy gun' should be treated as a deadly weapon. Why? To keep people from getting to comfortable with them. Imagine if you had been just as easy going with a real firearm, one mistake could easily end one life. When your dealing with such a thing, you can never be too careful. Think of it in terms of wild mushrooms, one mistake could be deadly.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Playing with guns [Re: ]
    #2940502 - 07/29/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I understand the point you guys are trying to make, but you don't understand that I would never be so careless with an actual weapon. Some of you seem to be missing my point that it is in no way shape or form a deadly weapon, I wouldn't even call it a weapon at all personally but I guess that is arguable.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Anonymous

#2940518 - 07/29/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That's valid, seems both sides understand the same things, but are just adamant on getting their point across. The way I was raised, firearm safety is a big deal, and can't be overstressed. I don't want to seem like an asshole or anything, it's just something that was beat into me at an early age. I can't stand to see people playing with something that has proper use, and dire circumstances for misuse. So I just get a bit forceful when I try get that specific point across. No hard feelings Mr. Thunderbong, you're aces with me.  :thumbup:

*Edit: You're not your, /me kicks himself. My spelling and grammar isn't perfect, but I do try.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #2941234 - 07/29/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:

I'll teach my son that even the toy ones arent toys... it's what I was taught and I learned a great deal about gunsmithing to make sure that I can maintain it and verify it is in good working order

I was giving yo a little shit because in the market today there are a great deal of 'toy' guns that look very realistic, I know that yours isnt a real firearm but the fact that it does fire a projectile does make it a hazzard... as your monitor.

please treat them all with the same respect you would one that fires a bullet, it will reduce the likelyhood of an accident

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2941707 - 07/29/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There is nothing more fun than guns. wait a second. There is nothing more fun than unloading a 12 gauge remington model 1300 camp defender into a stripped ford pinto.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2943841 - 07/30/04 07:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you said it bro
but only play with real guns if you have complete trust in yourself and other people....

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Playing with guns [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2943886 - 07/30/04 08:33 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
simple rules for firearms safty apply to all guns, although they arent lethal the same rules apply for an airsoft gun as well because they are dangerous. Airsoft guns are not toys by any means

1. Treat all guns as if they are cocked and loaded
2. never place your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to fire it.
3. make sure you know what is in the line of fire
4. never point a gun at anything you have no intention of shooting.

following these few little rules ensure that no one is accidentaly hurt
My wife murdered my bathroom mirror because she was handling my .45 improperly, she swears that she only took it from the the drawer to find something,  it was holstered with the trigger covered. My pistol has a 2lb trigger pull but also has a grip safety that has to be depressed to fire so this assured me that she removed it from the holster and had her hand wrapped around the grip before the reigger was touched

You forgot a few rules.

Never store a loaded gun!!!!!!!
guns must be locked up, not just a trigger lock.
A gun and ammo should be locked up in different places.
If possible, guns should be stored with the action opened.

The way I store my rifles is I use a trigger lock, one of those cable locks that go's through the chamber, and I lock the actual gun in a safe in the basement.  I store the ammo in one of those little fireproof safe things, and put that on one of the shelves in the gun safe next to the guns.  It may be anal retentive, but my mirrors thank me. :wink: :tongue2:

Also, another important rule, when handing a gun to someone, it should be completely unloaded with the action opened, and the muzzle should be pointed in a safe direction.  The first thing the person receiving the gun should do is check the chamber to make sure it's not loaded. Again, this may seem anal retentive, but you would be amazed at how many "accidents" happen when handing a gun off to someone.  When I took my hunter safety course, we practiced this for an hour, just to make it into am automatic reflex. 

Although in general I am not a serious person, gun safety is something I take very very seriously.  If someone is not willing to follow ALL the rules of gun safety, then they are not mature enough to operate a fire arm.  If someone is with you while you are using a gun, it is your responsibility as a responsible gun owner to tell them all the rules of gun safety and make sure they follow them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale