Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Contaminated Jars that Produced
    #2939803 - 07/29/04 11:25 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Long story short, Im currently in the middle of a grow proj. using standard pf formula cakes etc. THe exciting thing is, that I have had two contaminated jars from my current batch so far. Instead of throwing them away, I dug out the contaminated part, and put the healthy looking mycelia in a little hole in the ground and covered them up with wood multch, nothing more was done. The first was about a 1/3 pint worth of mycelia and so far it has flushed 2-3 times, I collected 23(three clusters of 6-7 smaller ones) off the first flush. The second, about 1/4 pint of mycelia is flushing right now with what looks like 5 big ones. I buried them about 4"in deep with no added substrate, figuring that if a mush can grow in the wild where I live, no reason to think that these hardy amazonians can't. Avg. time to 1st flush was about 2 weeks. My point in writing this is that if an indoor experiment fails, you can still look forward to outdoor success (local environment permitting).

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Re: Contaminated Jars that Produced [Re: dmtrypr]
    #2940519 - 07/29/04 02:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have some pictures that are on my palm pilot. I need to install the software onto my comp. anyway and i'll post em when I do. It was real easy, but I live in FL, so it might not work for everybody.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

#2940879 - 07/29/04 03:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nice save .  :thumbup:  Can't wait for the pics.

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

Offlinetrypt
Mr.
Loc: MA, USA
    #2941076 - 07/29/04 04:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

How often do you water your outdoor patch (with how much water each time)? I ask because I am trying something similar, except in Mass. and I covered my healthy mycelia with grass (from mowing the lawn). I'm thinking I don't water my outdoor patch enough (on average 3 times a week =/. It's basically the max amount of times I can visit my outdoor patch).

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Contaminated Jars that Produced [Re: trypt]
    #2941307 - 07/29/04 06:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ah another masshole, welcome to the forum.

I guess I have no real comment of anyworth though so I shall leave now and make you stop reading this bullshit. Well maybe a little more. Ok I'm done.

Offlinetrypt
Mr.
Loc: MA, USA
Re: Contaminated Jars that Produced [Re: scatmanrav]
    #2941729 - 07/29/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lol "masshole" confused me for a sec.  thanks for the welcome :smile:

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Re: Contaminated Jars that Produced [Re: trypt]
    #2941795 - 07/29/04 08:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So far rain has been doing the trick. Wild mushrooms pop up quite often so I know I'm lucky as far as environment goes. If it hasn't rained and the sun is shining pretty hard, i'll usually water the patch just to keep it from getting too dry. I put in a couple moor outdoor patches so i'll keep this updated.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation