Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
Tripped for the first time..
    #2939093 - 07/29/04 03:21 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

and my god is it crazy.

Night began with me consuming roughly 21 grams of fresh cubes. These were weighed using a 5 cent coin, a syringe and a ruler. Being new to hallucinogens and of light body weight (67kg) I decided this would be a strong enough dose to start me off. The only other party/recreational drug I have experienced is X.

Took around 15mins to eat the shrooms. Taste wasn't too bad, button mushrooms crossed with dirt, not pleasant, not unpleasant. Washed down with water.

Drove off down to the local bowlo with a mate and started playing the pokies. After about 15mins I felt the shrooms start to kick in, very similar to the feeling you get 20mins after taking a good X (warm, body rushes etc). This feeling lasted all night. Decided to leave and go walking around town. First things I noticed was that colours were more vivid, and constrast was greater. I felt nauseous during the first hour or two, and almost lost my stomach but I managed to keep it down.

While walking along a path through a park, I stopped and said "Patterns!". It was beautiful, the plain blank tiles I was walking on were suddenly covered in beautiful fractals that looked completely real, I checked and double-checked, it was so realistic. The trees and grass and everything started to become full of patterns.
I felt really tall (legs looked looonggg) and my "self" seemed further forward.. as if my brain was now working from 3m in front of my eyes. Hard to describe. I was getting really annoyed with a "wet" feeling I kept getting at this point. I would stick my hand in pocket, and 2 minutes later it felt wet. I'd take it out and put it back in... ad nauseum.

After a bit more walking we ended up in front of a sandstone wall. This is when I first noticed "breathing". It seemed as if there were multiple copies of the wall and they would move up and down and in and out, I just stared for I don't know how long. Faces would appear in the wall (very vague), and as soon as I'd notice it I'd look and they would disappear. Then I noticed the road... The road had beautiful fractal patterns that appeared 3d, and it was breathing too. Very beautiful.

All the while my mind is racing 100 miles an hour. I'd go to describe these effects to my trip sitter (who has never had any mushies etc. before either), and I'd get one word out. Then my mind would race off and I'd forget what I was saying. This set the stage for the rest of the night. I couldn't say anything unless I REALLY tried hard to say it. It took several attempts most of the time.

We ended up back in the car, and I managed to put some music on. Sounded GREAT. It was like being a kid again, everything was fascinating, and I'd get lost in my own thought for what seemed like ages. I'd look at the clock and 1 minute had past. I'd go in and out of "focus", one minute I'd be singing along with the music, the next I'd be lost in thought, I'd find myself again and it was up to the next word of the song. Very strange.

The only thing that annoyed me throughout the whole trip was paranoia, no matter where we were my mind would race and come up with millions of possibilities of me getting caught. I wish I could somehow control these feelings.

After driving around for hours thinking crazy thoughts, enjoying the music and the visuals I ended up going home and to bed. Took an hour or two to doze off (mind was still somewhat hyped up). I was kind of taking a visual journey in mind with my eyes closed. Wasn't really seeing much (just red/green triangle things, very vague) but my head was taking a crazy journey. I'd see something and it'd morph into something else, then I'd enter that and be somewhere else etc. Pretty cool.

I suppose the inability to stop thinking so much got on my nerves sometimes but all in all it was a great time. I was disappointed in a way because the only thing close to a proper hallucination was this tree in the distance that's leaves had turned into screaming mouth things, looked pretty cool.

If you've managed to read this far, congratz. Pretty boring trip for the more experienced out there I suppose but I had a great time and felt like I had to tell you all.

Looking forward to growing some more :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Tripped for the first time.. [Re: sic8]
    #2939181 - 07/29/04 03:44 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Not boring at all!  It's always fun to read about someone being "de-virginized" by the mushroom.  :smile:

It sounds like you had a great first trip!  I get paranoia too, if I'm around lots of people.  I always try to trip in places where I know I'll be comfortable. 

I don't even bother trying to sleep anymore after tripping.  I usually stay up and paint/draw/write and try and integrate what I have learned.  Hanging out and talking about the experience with trip buddies after the trip is done is good too.  :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!  :heart: :sun:

*me*

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Tripped for the first time.. [Re: sic8]
    #2939194 - 07/29/04 03:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like fun ,im hopefully doing shrooms for the first time in the next month or so,.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Tripped for the first time.. [Re: liveby]
    #2939204 - 07/29/04 03:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

can u get smarter when tripping?gain knowlage?

Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
Re: Tripped for the first time.. [Re: liveby]
    #2939253 - 07/29/04 04:09 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Whenever I saw or heard anything my brain was rushed with virtually every single fact I knew about the particular subject. I guess this lends itself to coming up with new ideas etc. I ended up coming up with some crazy and not so crazy ideas.

One was that baby's are constantly "tripping". They are seeing all these new things and don't yet know how to filter out things like we do. Their "trip" takes years to come out of, and it's so intense that the first few years are a complete blank. When we trip our short term memory is hampered, and that is why you cannot remember being a baby and your memory is sketchy a few years after that. Take it with a grain of salt :smile:

You will probably think all sorts of crazy things, and say all sorts of crazy things. I made my sitter crack up laughing with all the shit I was saying :smile:

-
I wanted to try my hand at some art during the trip, but I had nowhere/nothing to do it with. Wanted to try and draw some of the cool fractals I was seeing :smile:

Edited by sic8 (07/29/04 04:19 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience