Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepussycontrol
unregistered

Loc: unregistered
Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. ?
    #2938818 - 07/29/04 01:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hello all. I havent on in such a long time. But neways my cats been tryin to make a few personal jars.

Makin PF-Tek or "hawks - Tek" Jars and gettin to colonization Isnt a problem whatso ever.. none.

Thing is I cant seem to understand why they are not pinning at all..
-clear rubbermaid bin, holes above my 1/2" of perlite and using a 5w floro.

He's used this same techniq over and over but never seen these problems at all.

The Problem.
-They seem to keep colonizing after he applies the casing layer.. Its ALL completely white~. and then it begins to overlay everywhere. This is after colonizing for 2 weeks in the grow chamber with not 1 pin.
Its colonizing great just no pins.

whats up with that? should i shut lights out for 24 hours and then re-start the 12/12 light cycle..?
Is humidity way too high in the grow chamber?

thanks if ya can help at all.
pussy

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. ? [Re: pussycontrol]
    #2938923 - 07/29/04 02:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What are the temperatures in your setup? It sounds as if they might be too warm. Whats the rel. humidity?

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

Re: Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. [Re: pussycontrol]
    #2939313 - 07/29/04 04:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

what kind of casing layer are you using? if i were in that situation, i'd use an inert top casing layer such as plain vermiculite. you may have to scratch up that overlay first though. not sure. if it's hard, matty mycelium - scratch it up, then add a layer of plain, moist verm.

keep humidity high and temps lows. maybe add couple bottles of frozen water on each side of the chamber to help drop the temps if they are high like herbanShaman thinks.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineBambiEar
Bio and ChemMajor
Re: Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. [Re: pussycontrol]
    #2939747 - 07/29/04 11:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

My current grow has also been plagued with pinlessness. My house is about 75-78F. Is that to warm?

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. *DELETED* [Re: BambiEar]
    #2939770 - 07/29/04 11:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by woodzmun

OfflineBambiEar
Bio and ChemMajor
Re: Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. [Re: woodzmun]
    #2939782 - 07/29/04 11:17 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Cold shocked for about 24 hours in the fridge. I suspect that I put to much CaCO3 or that there is some sort of contam or someting that I cannot see.

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. [Re: BambiEar]
    #2939812 - 07/29/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

How is your mycelium doing, you say that it is overlain. If that's the case the mycelium is probably ok with the pH. I'm confused though, are you using cakes or have you cased them. You mentioned CaCO3 which makes me think of casing.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

OfflineBambiEar
Bio and ChemMajor
Re: Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2939835 - 07/29/04 11:37 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Caed the rye cakes. the casing layer is 50/50 peat moss and vermic with both crushed oyster shell( about 15 % by volume) and powdered CaCO3( about 4% by volume). once the mycelium breaches the surface, I makes knots and in some places it forms dense patches. The patches and knots do not develope and end up turning whitish yellow.

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

Re: Need Help. Jars wont pin. overlay.. overlay.. overlay.. [Re: BambiEar]
    #2940235 - 07/29/04 01:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

cold shocking for only 24 hours sometimes isn't good enough. sometimes, you have to keep the temps low until fruiting starts. try tearing up these areas and patching with straight, moist vermiculite. i bet you it'll work.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Edited by felix (07/29/04 01:11 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation