Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
AAARGH! Noooo! My precious mushrooms!!
    #2931768 - 07/27/04 08:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No! I had a nice harvest of myshrooms. After leaving them 'semi-dry' in newspaper for two days i realised today that quite a few have a nice bit of white fuzzy mold! I am very pissed off!
This seems to be my last batch for the season and i really wanted to trip this sat.

My question is, would it be safe to just scrape the mold off maybe then eat it? Or should i just boil it all up in a brew? I'm a bit skeptical of this mushroom tea having only ever eaten them fresh or dry but never in a tea. I hope i wouldn't lose much potency but i'll have to wait and see.

I cant remember eating anything moldy but i'm sure its unhealthy and i'd probly barf b4 i even get them down anyway!

it isn't that much mold tho, just a bit...

what's ure guys suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: AAARGH! Noooo! My precious mushrooms!! [Re: el_duderino]
    #2931775 - 07/27/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Pics.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2932040 - 07/27/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Always dry mushrooms as soon as possible or they rot as you found out. Eating somthing that could possibly make me seriously ill just to trip sounds like a bad choice. Id toss em and try again.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2932045 - 07/27/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

think of them like any other vegtible or a a sandwhich, would you eat a sandwhich that was covered in white mold? it will do the same thing to you.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflinePablo
Stranger
Loc: The dark side of the Moon
    #2932269 - 07/27/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Be great if you could get a exact id on that mold
i'm wondering if there are any chems that would destroy
it and not the shroom.

--------------------
I trip therefor i am

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2932366 - 07/27/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think that is very easy to do. More likely than not they much make your stomach a little queasy, but you never know if your going to have an allergic reaction. Or somone else who eats them will have an allergic reaction. I wouldnt roll the rice on my health like that.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2932673 - 07/27/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

couldnt he jsut simmer or simply soak the shrooms in a bottle of vodka and drink that?? Itd kill most anything id think..??..

Anonymous

#2933020 - 07/27/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

DO NOT EAT IT

most molds are poisonus. if you decide to eat it, cut off the fuzzy white parts and eat the rest of the parts that arent fuzzy white

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: AAARGH! Noooo! My precious mushrooms!! [Re: baraka]
    #2933228 - 07/27/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No kidding man and would you really want that crap on your mind while tripping?

Throw it out.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: AAARGH! Noooo! My precious mushrooms!! [Re: Adom]
    #2935588 - 07/28/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

haha yeh, no shit i cut all the white crap off
i dried em now and they seem to be all right. No mold whatsoever, just curious if the rest of the shroom (without the mold) would still be alright.

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
    #2935935 - 07/28/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Personally (at least by the sound of your mushrooms), i would eat em after cutting off the affected parts. I might even break them up to look inside and whatnot. Good luck though, hope nothin goes wrong.

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2938215 - 07/28/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wash those suckers up. Cut em into bits and bath them in boiling water!!

Seriously though, don't eat that shit.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Invisiblephalloidin

#2938906 - 07/28/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Adom said:
No kidding man and would you really want that crap on your mind while tripping?

Throw it out.

Exactly, even if they are safe, there will always be that suspicion in your mind, and when tripping, that suspicion may turn into absolute conviction that you have consumed something that will kill you. That is something you do not want to be pondering while in the middle of a trip.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: AAARGH! Noooo! My precious mushrooms!! [Re: phalloidin]
    #2939375 - 07/29/04 03:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well i ended up eating the mushrooms after cutting them up and giving thema  good thorough washing. Wet dried mushrooms taste crap btw. Good Fresh ones are the best and then just chewin on dried ones is alright but i almost gagged eating them.

I drank all the tea with cordial and started feeling pretty sick (gas). It got way worse after that and i was breathing really heavily and feeling really shit! I began tripping and then thought 'heh, maybe i DID poson myself... that would really suck'. Not a pleasant thought. Eventually i just threw up and felt absolutely great. Just purged all that shit out and felt all good and cleansed.

After that i had a fuckin amazing time. One of my stronger trips. Was listening to Aenema and then Lateralus. I would've been peaking i reckon at about Third Eye. The sounds were like echoing into each other. As if the next sound or phrase was an echo of the one preceding it but was still recognisable as the sound/word that it really was. I got a lot of mental/auditory and visual hallucinations like this. As if surrounding objects bled into each other or merged into each other, but as if transparently or blended. + Got the usual wall breathing + patterning. Fuckin ace experience!

At about Mantra on lateralus i got some real intense time dilation, and for the rest of the album too. It was as if the music was really really expanded, sounds i've never heard before. But they were as if the echo or negative of the actual sounds that were there. Ever see a dali painting where he makes shapes out of the negative space? imagine that but with sound (also happened visually).

Watching the schism video, and then later on Lateralus was simply amazing! No way to explain it really except the video had so much more emotion, depth or meaning. And it also seemd like perfection. Every now and then i'd feel like a click or sumthin (probly my heater automatically switchin on and off) and it was as if i just woke up into another world. Like alll the noise and distortions just got cleared away and i was seeing everything as it truly was, clean and crisp. I felt different too.

Also depth and size perception was way off. If i stood up and looked down at my hands i felt really tall and that my hands were real far away. If i looked up at the ceiling i felt incredibly small. At one point in time it was as if there was a coloured horizontal gradient overlaying my view. It went yellow red green or sumthin like that.

Didn't get as much patterns and movement as a few times before but lots of distortion, skewed angles, colours (not much colour movement tho, ie: blending from one to another) I think it all depends on the stage in the trip and what you are doing/thinking, where u are etc...

Because all of my trips have been very different. (sure there are similarities but...) I have had some pretty amazing trips but very different, different types of visuals and a different mind/body trip.

This trip was less visual in some ways (more in others?) but was by far the most intense, it might be due to the fact i was smokin mj all thru it and this was some real good shit :wink:

Offlineshaft
eager novice

#5704589 - 06/02/06 03:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i am so sorry to hear about you losing your mushrooms, i don't think that there is anyway you can get rid of the mold chemically. you could try cutting them off, but think of the mold the same way your shrooms grew. they went all the way through everything before they fruited, as did the mold. chances are the whole shroom has been infested with the mold. you could try to cut off the moldy parts, but i wouldn't recommend it.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: AAARGH! Noooo! My precious mushrooms!! [Re: shaft]
    #5704717 - 06/02/06 04:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

2 years ago.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #5704835 - 06/02/06 05:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I ate moldy mushrooms and tripped off of them once, and for a good hour, its all I could think about, it was a fucking mental struggle to keep myself thinking "I'll be alright, its just mold", it was the closest i've come to a bad trip.

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

Re: AAARGH! Noooo! My precious mushrooms!! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5704852 - 06/02/06 05:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

2 years ago.

:rofl:

Some people did this (replied years after the thread was dead) with the thread in my sig too.

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

#5705054 - 06/02/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Do they happen to be the cubensis strain? They tend to do that, if it's really white and does not smell bad you can rest assured that it is just mycelium. I once threw away an entire harvest of 60 shrooms because of this..

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: AAARGH! Noooo! My precious mushrooms!! [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #5705229 - 06/02/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Again, 2 years old. And getting a white mold to grow on mushrooms that weren't fully dried is common (aside from mycellium).

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale