Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethemystik1
Stranger
Wow! Tons of mushrooms in my yard, PICS
    #2936001 - 07/28/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I was just walking my dog around and noticed how many mushrooms there are growing on my yard.I took a bunch of pictures... are there any that look promicing that i should do a spore print of? Or are they all non-active? Most of them were found on the grass which is wet and mostly shaded. I looked in my woods and i didnt find much. I think i might want to go check out some cow pastures since there are tons of them (I live in Maine).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethemystik1
Stranger
Re: Wow! Tons of mushrooms in my yard, PICS [Re: themystik1]
    #2936005 - 07/28/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OH also, right now they are wrapped in paper towel and in a plastic baggy. Not sure who else to store them... does the spore print need to be done right away?

Offlinethearmedforces
Disco Shroomerat 4:20

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #2936088 - 07/28/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yes. Do the print, take out of plastic bag. Let them air dry. Look at the sticky forum at the top by GUmby on how to post for ID.

--------------------

"It is only those who do nothing who make no mistakes."
-Peter Kropotkin

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2936206 - 07/28/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The "I'll just pick every random mushroom I see and ask if it's active" approach isn't gonna work. You need to read the FAQ, find out what mushrooms grow in your state, and look for them specifically.

Offlinethemystik1
Stranger
Re: Wow! Tons of mushrooms in my yard, PICS [Re: Gumby]
    #2936885 - 07/28/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ok i have been reading up, i wanted to post what i fuond to see if anything was worth investigating...

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2936933 - 07/28/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

in the future, you will need to seperate each indevidual collection [and keep them seperate] so that we do not just see a jumble of many various species. you will need to make notes [in the field is best] on each collection of all the relevant data and put it together as a description for each collection. this eliminates a lot of confusion and this helps to eliminate the chance that you will take an id on one species as an id on another mushroom of a different species in the same picture/pile.

good luck.

none of your mushrooms are active [nor do any appear to be any good edible species i am familiar with] and you have one that looks as if it could be an Amanita [many of these are deadly]. your small viscous, striate red capped specimen with the erroded cap marginmay be a galerina species [several are deadly]. if the slightly larger imature [non expanded] red capped specimens are imature specimens from the same collection then i don't think the other one is a galerina.

the small panaeolus looking mushrooms are probably all Panaeolina foenisecii but some could also be a Psathyrella species.

**do not eat any of these**

your best bet to start is to lear to ID some common species inyour area so you get used to dealing with physical descriptions. you will learn more and more common species and you will be better at comparing descriptions for those you find [and better at writing them when asking for id help].

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinerasjoe2112
 User Gallery

Loc: North GA
    #2937101 - 07/28/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

[edit by concrete: do not rant and flame our users as if you owned this messageboard. i understand your concern but it is quite severely misplaced and overstated.]

Offlinethemystik1
Stranger
Re: Wow! Tons of mushrooms in my yard, PICS [Re: canid]
    #2937110 - 07/28/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks a lot for your reply. And i am learning about how to ID these as well as I can. I will also try and do more on my end before posting to make it easier for others to ID what I can not. I want to go hunting in the cow fields tonight and if so ill organize them, take spore prints and sepearte by species before posting pictures. Thanks again for the help... i guess im going to throw these away :smile:

I found a HUGE mushroom out in the woods, im going to try and find that sucker again and take pictures.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates