Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
My path in life
    #2937059 - 07/28/04 06:10 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Many people won't believe me, some will think I am lying, others will think I am deluded. This is fine, because the only way to reach what I have is through personal experience. This thread, nor my words can ever substitute personal experience.

I was taken to a very special place, and I was shown very special things. I was given insight into humanity, from beginning to end. I was shown the human experiment, what it means to us and those above us, and why we are here. I was shown the current human situation, and how its going to end up (possibilites).

I was shown what is preventing heaven from happening on this problem (The end to Suffering, to beginning of a new blissful, peaceful era, the GOAL of humanity).

It has to do with the difference between selflessness and selfishness.

Well, I can't explain the path I've found, and I can't explain the benefits of it. All I can do is promise, as an honest human, that there IS a path for everyone in this world, it IS hard....and it IS rewarding. I can PROMISE that this path has been taken before, and no one on the path gets left behind.

In my beliefs, Jesus lived that path. Humans were dying and being reborn, and couldn't escape their karma (had to keep coming back). Jesus experienced birth, death, and suffering all so we could re-learn the correct paths to living and livlihood.

He was not the only man to show people this path, but he is by far one of the best examples I know of.

The key to the path of the kingdom resides in Intention, Action, and Will.  All of these things must be pure, and selfless.

Selflessness is also one of the greatest teachings of Hinduism....it is one of the four yoga paths that leads to breaking free from the karmic bond.

Anyway, I would like to say that I follow this path well, but truth be told I do not. I really am trying, and I AM building a positive momentum, as everyone should be trying to.

For anyone searching for the same path jesus took, I'll tell you things:

Forgiveness, Selflessness, and Humility are the KEYS to this path. As a scientist uses the scientific method.....as a carpenter uses a hammer..the person who seeks this path uses Forgiveness, Selflessness, and Humility as his main tools.

The gifts of the path are plentiful, and extensive. Some gifts are being healthier, having more energy, having less negative karma, etc etc. Some are the greatest gifts of this world, which I can't get in to.

This path, and this path alone can lead you to the gates of heaven (before you think I am religious, check the dictionary real quick).
Truth be told however, there are many sides to this path, and there are many ways to follow it.

All the keys you need in this life, and ALl the tools are already in you. You were born with everything you need, except the necessities to keep you living (water, food, air, etc).

Suffering is part of the path, and if you follow the path truthfully, you WILL suffer. This is good and just, because suffering does help cleanse the spirit.

Anyway, the greatest thing about my path is that it does not age me. It does not close my mind. It does not add anything to my life I don't use or need, and it does not take anything from my life that I do need. It sets everything perfectly, and shows me that there is no security in this world beyond God himself.

Anyone who wants  to talk, I am here to help.

Edited by tekramrepus (04/21/10 10:31 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: My path in life [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2937118 - 07/28/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

*headbang*

I hear you full on.

I feel like you're speaking directly from my heart.

You even went ahead and gave a more logical wording for something I've been trying to word just right for a while now:

"In my beliefs, Jesus lived that path. Humans were dying and being reborn, and couldn't escape their karma (had to keep coming back). Jesus experienced birth, death, and suffering all so we could re-learn the correct paths to living and livelihood."

Yes yes yes yes yes! :heart:  :heart:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2937825 - 07/28/04 09:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

"I was taken to a very special place, and I was shown very special things."

By who or what. Explain please.

"I was shown what is preventing heaven from happening on this problem"

Same question.

"For anyone searching for the same path jesus took"

Noone can know the mind of Jesus. The Bible is very subject to interpretation. If Jesus existed he lived and died over 2000 years ago. Please be more specific as the generalities you speak of convey little, but your emotions to us. This is not really helpful in understanding your path. I am not dogging on you I just need a clear explanation.

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #2937828 - 07/28/04 09:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

The liberation from samsana (the cycle of rebirth) is the main goal of buddhist doctrine, seems you hit that right on :P

Excellent read.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: My path in life [Re: Digs]
    #2937997 - 07/28/04 10:18 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Actually Huehuecoyotl, Jesus knew the mind of Christ, and we can too.

Christ is a consciousness, which is humans fullest potential. Jesus became christ realized (Thus, Jesus the Christ)

We too can know Christ , and the man Jesus...if we can find it in our hearts.  The bible isnt the true scripture, its a map to the scripture, and how to find it. Its really in you, thats the real secret.

Please understand, I am not saying this is truth.  I only consider this truth because of my experiences in life, and they have validated what I speak.

I could be a clueless fool who is 100% wrong, and I accept that. Regardless, this is my path :smile:

much love

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2938082 - 07/28/04 10:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

"I could be a clueless fool who is 100% wrong, and I accept that."-

Really?

I've been 100% wrong and I still can't accept it; I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop

Edited by castaway (07/28/04 10:58 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#2938236 - 07/28/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You are assuming a lot much about Jesus. As far as anyone knows he was a mythic character like Odin, Zeus, or Huehuecoyotl for that matter. There IS much to learn from myth, but you still haven't made clear your path in a comprehensible form...made it understandable in concrete terms. To you this may not matter, but the people who read this and seek to understand come up short. Try to put your spiritual thoughts into practical terms (like a teaching) so that others may derive more good from them. Emotional descriptions, while conveying the feeling, do not tell the concrete realities of what you say. Do not percieve this post as negative, I have just tried to be clear about my understanding of this.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2939271 - 07/29/04 04:17 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yea! :heart:

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: My path in life [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2939276 - 07/29/04 04:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I thought his post was expressed like a poet. Besides, everyone here shares their "concrete realities,"

All this talk about God is what keeps me at the Shroomery.

--------------------

OnlineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #2940644 - 07/29/04 03:03 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Not that difficult, I like to remember this :smile:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: My path in life [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #2941220 - 07/29/04 05:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

supermarket said:
If anyone at yahooka cares to know the Knowledge I now have......the key to heaven......the only thing worth living for on this planet.....then I suggest you contact me in some way.

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
I dare you to get specific with your predictions!

I double dare you :smile:

Quote:

supermarket said:
I will be the one to be honest here... No fear controls me

Edited by castaway (07/29/04 06:11 PM)

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2941404 - 07/29/04 06:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah you might be a god  :evil:

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: My path in life [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2941552 - 07/29/04 07:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think some one read The Christ Consciousness and is now an on ego trip of "people showed me the light... divine people! I swear!"...

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: My path in life [Re: ergot]
    #2941692 - 07/29/04 07:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You interpret that post as an ego trip? I think that was one of the most purely heartfelt posts I've read in a while. Seemed to me like he thinks he "figured it out" so he's trying to share with others.

And I think he did so in a way that does not attempt to draw focus to himself, but to his methods.

I know, I know, you've "heard it all before".. well maybe he hasn't, and he's just now figuring some things out.

Honestly, I interpret YOUR response as an ego trip. To me, it seems your response is an attempt to belittle and thereby discredit his statements.

He, on the other hand, only chose to make caring statements in an attempt to be compassionate. He's posted this because he thinks it might help someone. Just because you think you're above it doesn't mean he won't help someone slightly less "along the path" than you perceive yourself to be.

*tosses his two cents in the hat and walks away.*

P.S. Apologies to Supermarket if he/she is female, because I wasn't sure. haha. :smile:

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: My path in life [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2941815 - 07/29/04 08:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
P.S. Apologies to Supermarket if he/she is female, because I wasn't sure. haha. :smile:

This is the question which bugs me most and I hope supermarket will dispell the confusion once and for all, but that maybe beside the point which maybe the comendability and humbleness of spirit which will refuse to divulge information that has the potential to upset.

Additionaly I hope supermarket continues to develop her healing skills for her own benefit and that of her family and whoever she sees fit to bestow that blessing.

And in conclusion I hope she will continue to grace us with her presence and wisdom.

(insert his where appropriate

Edited by castaway (07/30/04 07:47 PM)

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2941824 - 07/29/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I still haven't read your post, but I still think you might be a god.

Aim for simplicity and describe your post in one word, a real one or a fantasy...

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: My path in life [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2941850 - 07/29/04 08:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
I still think you might be a god.

A disquieting thought I had once was that perhaps we are ALL gods enjoying a break from total awareness.

Think about it and you may agree that awareness may be something worth taking a break from .

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: My path in life [Re: ergot]
    #2942119 - 07/29/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

With no explanations, an incomprehensible posting expressing the possesion of some mystical knowledge to which others are blind to, is a wallow in self importance. If it has no practical value then it is mearly an ego drenched taunt. True wisdom is easily understandable and practical to apply. The mere expression of an ecstatic experience as a realization of true wisdom is false. The wisdom wears off as the ecstacy fades. I have had this experience (total entheogenic ecstacy) at least 500 times over the years and it is a feeling of connection, but not wisdom. Practical application is needed here.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2942413 - 07/30/04 12:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I detect the biggest ego in myself. And once you start living for the total you, you will start living for the world.
Ego Death is hell  :grin:

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My path in life [Re: castaway]
    #2942417 - 07/30/04 12:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have broken throught the first bubble.
I have no idea of what bubbles lie ahead of us.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology