Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
My work here is done.
    #2936523 - 07/28/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I can't deal anymore.  When I first came to these boards, there was a level of intelligent debate.  People of differing viewpoints were interested in having a discourse about issues; theoretical was not a bad word.

Most of the people on this board are no longer interested in discourse or debate about actual topics.  People are interested in grouping with people who hold the same opinions as they do, regardless of whether those opinions have any basis in reality, truth, facts, or a wholistic view of the world around us.  If I wanted to parrot people who agree with my point of view and bash people who didn't in a uniform and thoughtless manner, I'd post at Democratic Underground or the Free Republic more than I post here - but I don't, so I don't.  I'm interested in conversation and theory and unbiased discussions; unfortunately, those things seem to have fallen out of favor here on the PA&L board at the Shroomery.

I'll continue to come to the shroomery for the reasons that I originally began visiting, but I can no longer continue visiting these boards, for the sake of my own mental health and well being.  PA&L serves any more to do one of two things - get me so pissed off at the ignorance of others that I think I might have a coniption fit and have my brains squirt out of my ears, or get me so depressed about the path that our country and our planet are on that I think I might use a small caliber handgun and have my brains squirt out of my ears.

I would leave you with this thought.

This board is a place where people with one common interest can come find a home - those with a love of ethnogens, specifically mushrooms.  In my many years of ingesting hallucinogens with the end goal of understanding myself and the world around me as best as I possibly could, I have come to one single conclusion that stands up to all tests - We are all brothers.  We are all the same - part of the same thing.

How some of the people on this board, especially, could not see that is absolutely beyond me - and moreover, how one's political and social opinions can be formed so strongly and so vehemently without accounting for this universal truth both confuses, angers, and saddens me.

I wish you all the best.  I hope that each of you finds whatever it is you're looking for and that you all make an impact on the world around you - hopefully a positive one.  But it's time for me to go.

Oh - and because this part bears repeating:

:tongue: (And yes, for those of you without any sense of humor, I do, in fact, grasp the irony of me posting that image after the words I've just written.  I like irony.  It's so ironic.)

GernBlanston, signing out.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: My work here is done. [Re: GernBlanston]
    #2936531 - 07/28/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

bye bye  :smile: vote Kerry '04

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2936535 - 07/28/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

by leaving this place you are contributing to its descent into crapulence.

with that said, sorry you gotta go,best of luck in your travels!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2936554 - 07/28/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

look, dude, everyone gets frustrated with this forum from
time to time.

it gets tedious, it gets dumb, shit happens.

you have to be able to spot the viable discussions and ignore
the rest of the threads.

by jumping ship, things can only get worse.

no matter...you'll be back. they always come back.

ask yourself this question, do people like Redo really hold that
much sway over your existence? Just ignore him. He's just one
of those people, like millions of others out there, that cannot
be saved....they're hard wired, and poorly at that.

don't be a quitter.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2936644 - 07/28/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Give PA&L a vacation, then see how you feel.  I think we all know how you feel though, we all do from time to time.

:peace:

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2936662 - 07/28/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

why did you feel the need to tell us all this?  If this place makes you unhappy just do something else that will make you happy.

bye bye. :bye:

come back anytime

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2936665 - 07/28/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I can understand why you're going Gern, the board is shit and has been a complete waste of time for months now. It isn't worth saving in it's current form.

Sad to see another one of the very few voices worth reading go. Take care.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
    #2936675 - 07/28/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You can't go, I've only just got here - come back!

I want an intelligent discussion!

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
    #2936676 - 07/28/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well I'm kinda new here to this forum. So maybe I'm outta line for posting here but what's the worst that can happen? It does offer a somewhat better than 'the average guy at the end of the bar' medium for annonomously communicating with others that hopefully have had the advantage, in my opinion of experiencing some life enhancing ethnogens.

I do however think that one should not take too seriously the content herein, or for that matter anything that would bring oneself to consider the possibility of spewing ones brains out ones ears. That not only sounds painful, but most certainly would leave one with a less than adequate remaining resevoir of said brains by which to further post remarks in said forum.

Now what good would come of that? I shall feel free to answere.......none

So if by tuning out of this channel, you find a better medium by which to annonomously communicate thoughts, ideas, and general bullshit, prey you return and enlighten us all.

peace

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #2936681 - 07/28/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

We inevitably reach a point in our lives where we'll say "Life Sucks", Why?, From 2) craving after things, or clinging to thaughts, which never truly satisfy born from unrealistic images of life....life being imperminent, and interconected, yet we try to make it out that it isnt. Nevertheless, 3) every human being can free themselves from continual dissatifaction. How?? By recognising the truth we resist facing, and to actualize that truth." In my words: If you learn that life is truely difficult, it can become less dificult.

Cut and pasted from a philosiphy site.

But reguardless of where it comes from, it totaly has to do with everybody. And if you try to resist facing the truth that things are difficult, life will be even MORE difficult for you.

So go, and see for yourself.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Anonymous

Re: My work here is done. [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2936736 - 07/28/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that's right.

one must be a zen master to endure the suffering of PAL.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: My work here is done. [Re: ]
    #2936804 - 07/28/04 03:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Either that or just know how to seperate what a small microculture thinks on the web with reality.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: My work here is done. [Re: ]
    #2936822 - 07/28/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Or just be a rightwinger. They seem to thrive on it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblewingnutx

#2940718 - 07/29/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You have to remember that many of the people posting on here are baked out of their skull.

FR and DU are fun, though DU has a very poor vanity-to-news posting ratio.

Don't be a stranger. Even I pop back in here now and then, heh.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2941139 - 07/29/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'd hate to see you go. While I think you are often wrong, you are at least honest.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#2941614 - 07/29/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Somehow, I don't remember it being any different around your reg date. It's always been like this as far as I can remember

But whatever, good luck

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #2941644 - 07/29/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I know how you feel, I've been popping in and out of S&P and PA&L for years now, on and (mostly) off (just look at my registration date and number of posts  :grin:). I come back to this one when it's been a long time or when something major happens in the world, enjoy it for a while and quit again until the next time.
BTW, only very rarely have I seen people changing their minds after a good debate, either in real life, on the web or on TV. So if you just keep your expectations low enough and do it only for fun and to kill time, it's not too nervewrecking. If you still had illusions about the human species, then I understand you to the fullest...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder