Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineorderofthenew
Stranger
O.K. I need help PLEASE!
    #2936323 - 07/28/04 03:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A FOAF is using the PF Tek, but went with plastic Ziploc
containers that are about 4 inches deep and oval shaped. Anyway after make the substrate he made the four small holes in the lids and
microwaved them with a glass of water for 3 minutes on high and they
were FUCK'IN HOT! It took about an hour for the containers to completely cool down. He then injected and let sit in the dark. The first thing he noticed 2 days later was in some of the injection spots the BRF substrate had turned darker brown. Is this just the BRF changing color as it dried out a little maybe? Did it get sterilized enough from nuking it? It was VERY hot. In fact he was worried that he might have "baked" some of the BRF in spots but didn't see anything discolored when he first injected. The microwave method is the easiest he can do because of no pressure cooker. Are there any thoughts on that as well? Other than that the cakes look fine the mycelium is growing and covers about 40% of the cakes but seems to take slower when growing over the "brown spots". Sorry for the long post but if anyone can help it will be you guys. Thanx in advance!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeppuko
Sprite

Loc: teh intarweb
Re: O.K. I need help PLEASE! [Re: orderofthenew]
    #2936387 - 07/28/04 03:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

--Is this just the BRF changing color as it dried out a little maybe?

I doubt it :X BRF is white and dry when you buy it :laugh:

--Did it get sterilized enough from nuking it? It was VERY hot.

I doubt it. The point of boiling it is so the steam sterilizes it - not just the heat

--The microwave method is the easiest he can do because of no pressure cooker. Are there any thoughts on that as well?

Nah, you should use a pot and boil water. WAYYY Better.

--Other than that the cakes look fine the mycelium is growing and covers about 40% of the cakes but seems to take slower when growing over the "brown spots".

Probably cooked the brf, if anything :P or contams have found their way in due to incorrect sterilization.

-

If everything works out fine...wow, you got lucky :laugh:

You injected the spores too early and many of them could be nuked due to the heat..I dunno how well it's gonna do, but good luck..

Hope i answered some questions :X

--------------------
if I mention anything about the posession or production of illegal mushrooms, I am making it up.

Offlinebudro
journeyman
Re: O.K. I need help PLEASE! [Re: orderofthenew]
    #2936800 - 07/28/04 05:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

time will tell,GOOD LUCK!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation