Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
First post! (some of my music included)
    #2936215 - 07/28/04 02:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hello! This is my first post here! Some back ground info, I've grown several times before with the help of this websight.

I've decided to post here because I just found out that this board has quite a comunity of musicians, and I want some feedback!

This track is a remix I am doing of the track 'Who am I' <it was the track that played durring the credits of the animatrix>

I have added the trip hop beat, speed the orjnal track up to 90 bpms, and added all of the clasical instruments/ ambiant nosies. (it's not completly done yet...)

I really don't want to wait for other people to upload stuff to a websight so I am taking advantage of yahoo.com's large email servers.

You can get to the song by going to mail.yahoo.com and typing in fortheshroomery as the username. And letmein as the password. There should be an email in the folder that has a attachment from Athen_phat@yahoo.com, and you can download the track from there.

Just remember not to delete the peice of mail after you read it, I emailed the track twice just incase someone did.

Thanks!

Edited by Anisotropic (07/29/04 04:29 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: First post! [Re: Anisotropic]
    #2936226 - 07/28/04 02:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: First post! [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2936259 - 07/28/04 02:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: First post! [Re: Anisotropic]
    #2937421 - 07/28/04 08:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

holy crap that was a fast DL...

btw, "Who Am I" is by Peace Orchestra, which is 1/2 of Kruder and Dorfmeister. Both Rock.

Before I remark on your track, I must say that this was one of my favorite downtempo songs, and I'm sort of biased towards the original version.  Peace Orchestra put out a remix album, and the remix version of the song sucked..

That said,
Your additions are quite cool! I like your style of ambience and funky beats. If I heard something longer I could get a better understanding, but even around 2 minutes I can hear your ear is good, and overall composition also.

I'd love to hear some original material so I can hear your sound. It's very appealling, I can tell your influences...
obviously K&D, Peace Orchestra, Boards of Canada, Air...

:mushroom2:Welcome to The Shroomery!:mushroom2:
Stick around, you're very welcome here. Please post more of your music!

:wink: and check out mine... www.zebox.com/stereopattern 

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleMrsBean
Plant Nerd
Re: First post! [Re: Blastrid]
    #2937910 - 07/28/04 09:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

went to you url, i like your stuff blastrid its awsome

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: First post! [Re: Blastrid]
    #2938250 - 07/28/04 11:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would say most of my influence is drawn from Junkie XL, Techniacal Itch, John B, PVD, BT, Moby, Okenfold, and Hybrid. (From an electronic prespective, in no perticular order) (I'm really in to break beats....)

From a classical school, I would say Don Davis, and Kenji Kawai are the people doing things now a days that matter alot to me.

Yeah, Peace Ork. Didn't make this reamix easy... If you look at the sound close, you will tell that ever phrase matches up left to right chanell wise. But the stuff inbetween has a little delay, so the right channel plays just a tad after the left.... Adds alot to the tripy ambiance.

And I'm a perfectionist, so I matched it all back up.... (other stuff wouldn't go on top of it well withount doing that)

Actually this is on of the first things that I've done with alot of clasical stuff in it... I've been writing music for like 8 or 9 months now. It's really hard, because I have no background in it, but my wife does some really great stuff and she has taught me alot.

It was made in Fruity Loops, I'm just trying to get something that doesn't sound like the same FL trash most people make.

I would make the rest of the track, as the pianio part is kinda a break down, but I can't decided what to make it into.

Blastard: I liked the gutar in that first track that was posted. Kinda reminded me of some of the gutar stuff in hybrid's Morning Sci-fi.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media