Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHealingVisionary
Brujo InTraining
Loc: Maryland
Which Psychedelic to Start With??
    #2934803 - 07/27/04 10:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, and would like to pose a question to some more experienced users out there:

What drug should I try tripping on first: LSD, Peyote, Salvia, Shrooms.. something else?

What I am looking for in the experience.. well, I'm not exactly sure, since I haven't tried any of them.. but I like the idea of mind expansion, and a feeling of sort of "understanding the universe," as well as all of the sensory experiences, especially sensory crossover (this sounds extremely cool). At the same time, however, knowing myself to be somewhat skiddish at times, (I kind of freaked out a little the first time I got high), I think it would freak me out to totally lose my senses of self and surroundings and "groundedness" - at least until I know what I'm getting myself into. Not to mention I have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder.

I guess I just want to know what drug can I take without losing myself too badly, but still get a good taste of what it's like tripping, whether it opens the doors in my mind I want it to open, whether I can handle it, etc.

I'm sorry this is so vague, and the question probably seems silly.. but thank you very much to anyone who can offer me any advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Which Psychedelic to Start With?? [Re: HealingVisionary]
    #2934824 - 07/27/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'd go with a couple huge hits of DMT. haha no, I'd say shrooms because it's shorter lasting than the others, and you don't have to worry about it being other substances like LSD, and the dose is easier to control.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2934843 - 07/27/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If you have access to it, I'd reccomend 2c-i. It's extremely "gentle" as far as hallucinogens go, yet still loads of fun. I've never personally tried mescaline, but I hear it is somewhat similar (they are both phenethylamines, so it makes sense) in the fact of not being too harsh. If you can't get either of these, then go with LSD. Just don't try salvia first, it's nothing like the other ones and extremely intense/harsh.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Invisiblephalloidin

#2934927 - 07/27/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Though its only vaguely psychedelic, MDMA gave me my first glimpse of the potential of these drugs. You really can't have a bad experience on that stuff. I recommend doing it with a group of close friends who are all partaking of the experience. Having said that, I hardly touch that stuff anymore. The first experience is always the best. Make sure you are comfortable with the people you do it with, you will get very open. It's a very social drug, as opposed to shrooms, which tend to make communication rather difficult. I personally prefer to trip alone on the mushies. Now you could certainly combine shrooms and MDMA for a hippyflip. It thats the case, I would wait till the X peaks, then drop the shrooms. Oh, and when you get really into psychedelics, four tokes of DMT will blow your mind. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy yourself, your in for a treat.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

impossible to answer [Re: HealingVisionary]
    #2935103 - 07/27/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

what are you interested in
besides psychedellics? &
how do you come to this question?

there is no way to reccommend without knowing more about you.
like a doctor prescribing against an unknown malady.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2935147 - 07/27/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

acid

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2935443 - 07/28/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

shrooms or acid for sure :crazy2:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #2935457 - 07/28/04 03:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

cannabis imo :smile:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2935709 - 07/28/04 08:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yes cannabis
or low/medium dose of shrooms (1.5-2g)

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: Which Psychedelic to Start With?? [Re: stefan]
    #2935719 - 07/28/04 08:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

2 grams of pot to yourself, Mescaline 220 mg dose, Shrooms 2.5 grams, LSD, Salvia.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflineHealingVisionary
Brujo InTraining
Loc: Maryland
    #2935800 - 07/28/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks alot for all the replies.. I guess I should have mentioned I already smoke bud, and am looking for something new and less.. party oriented, and perhaps more enlightening. As far as what I'm interested in, I guess I want it to be a philosophical type of experience, although I'm also into the rave scene, and something for that would be nice also.

Thanks again, and anyone else who has any advice, feel free to offer it.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2935827 - 07/28/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

One time I dreamed I accidently took acid when I had planned on taking mushrooms one night - I had a mushroom trip on the acid though... I fell asleep on my bed and woke up there in that same posistion...

--------------------

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: Which Psychedelic to Start With?? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #2935910 - 07/28/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I say start with a low dose of mushrooms, 1.5 to 2.0 grams. It is very enlightening your first time, and gives you a push into the world of psychedelics. Everything you hear about shrooms before you try them, makes a lot more sense after you try them. I think it's a good idea, because people usually have a blast on their first experience. The reason i wouldn't say acid, is because the potency may vary, and it is harder to find (depending on where you live). I'd actually do mescaline before acid too, but that's just me, everyone is different. Salvia is a whole other psychedelic though, and you should try it any time because it is legal, easy to obtain, and it doesn't last very long when you smoke it. Just make sure you do some readin on all of these drugs before you get into it (which it looks like you've read a fair bit). Peace

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
Re: Which Psychedelic to Start With?? [Re: LoneDeranger]
    #2935951 - 07/28/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LoneDeranger said: Salvia is a whole other psychedelic though, and you should try it any time because it is legal, easy to obtain, and it doesn't last very long when you smoke it.

And it's also incredibly intense, and I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone who wasn't quite expierienced with the psychadelic expierience.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Which Psychedelic to Start With?? [Re: Digs]
    #2936221 - 07/28/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

for rave scene
LSD is much more persistent than salvia and on low doses like half blotter, you will get what you want. Some strangeness and probably lots of interest in a rave scene.

salvia is for a brief (6 minute) & private (have a sitter) time of very intense immersion into a thickly layered experience followed by an extended philosophical afterglow - not reccommended for rave, a flat wall would be more manic than you imagine, the rave environment would be so far over the top.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #2936597 - 07/28/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

e

Edited by Conan The Barbarian (08/04/10 05:55 PM)

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #2937356 - 07/28/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you have the choice, I would not recommend starting with shrooms. Of course, its a classic, but its pretty harsh compared to 2c-i or mescaline.
Your best bet would be mescaline/cacti, trust me on that one :wink:
Especially if you freaked out on weed, which seem pretty impossible for my point of view.
Mescaline is so gentle on the mind, almost no mindfuck; next day the only side-effect I had was sore jaws because of smiling non-stop for 12 hours :smirk:

Definatly not Salvia too. That would be stupid. Whoever said to start with it is an idiot. Thats just too intense to start with.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2937481 - 07/28/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

low dose of mescaline, lsd, or mushrooms.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Anonymous

#2937545 - 07/28/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well I have to say for one that this is a preety fucked up question

anyway
I would let it came to you.
If you chase it, it wont be an expierence.
It will be a "should I do this, or this" type thing.
It should fall into your lap and you will know when its right.

Other than that scenario I wold say nothing until the moment comes.

YOU WILL KNOW

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: Which Psychedelic to Start With?? [Re: fee]
    #2937634 - 07/28/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I used a low does of LSD my first time!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals