Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedolo
rapper

Loc: baltimore murdaland
prints.... i need help understanding
    #2935813 - 07/28/04 11:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

now i know how 2 to the  :syringe: but since im using the mycobags. what do i do with the prints to get them 2 grow. in detail plz :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: prints.... i need help understanding [Re: dolo]
    #2935826 - 07/28/04 11:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Make spore syringes with them. :syringe:

You know the rest.

:captain:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinedolo
rapper

Re: prints.... i need help understanding [Re: KaptKid]
    #2935878 - 07/28/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

but how captin

OfflineSatori1
Stranger

Loc: everywhere
    #2935890 - 07/28/04 12:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes you should make spore syringes.
this link may help:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

Offlinedolo
rapper

Re: prints.... i need help understanding [Re: Satori1]
    #2935902 - 07/28/04 12:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i dont have a pc can i just boil the things to sterlize it

OfflineSatori1
Stranger

Loc: everywhere
    #2935962 - 07/28/04 12:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey you definately should invest in a PC. Personally I don't know how you can live without one.
But I do understand your predicament, and this post by Nan from The Nook may help.

"How to Make a Spore Syringe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sterility is key. If your spore print is contaminated or you introduce contamination into the spore syringe, you will have difficulty later in the process. Ideally, there should be no fans blowing or drafts of air. You should clean the area where you will be working carefully and make sure that everything is tidy.
Materials needed:

spore print
10 cc. syringe with long needle Where to find
shot glass
regular glass
coffee mug
cigarette lighter
X-Acto knife or sharp steak knife
microwave oven
Several things need to be accomplished. First, we need to sterilize a shot glass to easily mix the spore solution and we need to sterilize a syringe to hold the solution. We also need some sterile water in which to suspend the spores. The following procedure will accomplish all of this.

Fill a coffee mug with water and place a shot glass inside the coffee mug. Make sure the shot glass is completely submerged. Place the coffee mug in the microwave oven and get the water to a full boil for 10 minutes. It does not need to be a violent boil. Adjust the heat level of the microwave oven to keep too much water from being lost if necessary.

Remove the shot glass and empty the excess water out of the shot glass. Place another glass over the shot glass. This will keep air born contaminates from settling in the shot glass while you wait for the shot glass and water in the spore syringe to cool.

Fill the syringe with hot water from the mug. Eject the hot water and repeat several times. This will insure the inside of the syringe and the needle are clean and sterile. This is especially important if you are using a syringe from a previous crop. When the needle is inserted into the substrate, it is possible to get nutrients up inside the needle and for contamination to grow. The last time you fill the syringe with hot water, do not purge it. Let it sit in the syringe until it is cool. This is useful for two reasons. First, the continued heat from the water can still work to eliminate any remaining contaminates. Secondly, once the water is cool it can be used as the sterile water needed to fill the syringe. Make certain that nothing touches the needle of the syringe.

The Psilocybe mushroom spores will be killed if they come in contact with anything too hot. You need to wait until the shot glass and spore syringe are at room temperature. When it is safe to proceed, use the cigarette lighter to flame sterilize the X-Acto knife and the needle of the syringe. Let the blade of the knife cool, but make sure it does not touch anything. When it is cool, carefully open the spore print and scrape a fleck of spores into the shot glass. A fleck 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch is more than sufficient for a 10 cc. spore syringe. Use the needle of the syringe to stir the spores into a few drops of water. Usually, there will be a few drops left over in the shot glass from when you emptied it. Otherwise, you can get the drops from the syringe. Stir the fleck of spores until they are well broken up and 'dissolved' into the water. Purge the water out of the syringe into the shot glass. Pull the water back into the syringe, being sure to suck the spores in also. Do this once or twice more to make sure the spores are well mixed in the spore syringe. Often, it takes several tries to get the spores fully broken apart and well mixed.

If the spores in the print have been dried and are not fresh, it is best to wait six hours to use the spore syringe. The spores need to rehydrate. If your in a hurry, the spores can still rehydrate in the culture jars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "

I hope this helped ... gl man

Offlinedolo
rapper

Re: prints.... i need help understanding [Re: Satori1]
    #2935986 - 07/28/04 01:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thanks a lot

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation