Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSlacksmith
flaxmonger
talking to plants - music - audio books
    #2932310 - 07/27/04 02:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hiya, first i want to say thanks to the shroomery community for providing the net with some great information. you guys rock

my question is:
Do you talk to your plants? Do you play music or books for your projects, pods, and trays?

If you do, what do you play for them? Or if you dont but are now considering it... whatcha got in mind?

am i wrong in thinking that the effect of talking to plants, or playing music for them, could cross over into non vegetive cultivation?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: talking to plants - music - audio books [Re: Slacksmith]
    #2932949 - 07/27/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i honestly think that anybody who plays music or reads books just for there plants have drugged themselves retarted. but for plants talkin to them is good because the carbon dioxide from your lungs comes out and is breathed in by the plants, giving out more oxygen and helping them grow. playing music tapes or playing book-tapes does absolutley dick.

Also reading them or playing them music wont do anything. plants cant hear so they cant be stress free. plants dont have a brain so they cant think. plants are pretty much just...there

OfflineSlacksmith
flaxmonger
    #2935154 - 07/28/04 01:58 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

youre not the first to suggest that im alone on my picnic so to speak :smile:

i welcome it these days as i sign that im on the right track.

so no one here is familiar with The Secret Life of Plants by
Tompkins and Bird? They suggest that a plants sensory capabilities are far beyond what common sense would dictate.

but im not going to try and prove it, i want to know if anyone else has this kind of crazy.

im also wondering about content suggestions, for example...

I would NEVER set up a poor mans pod in front of a TV that had the Texas Chainsaw Massacre running on it 24/7, out of actual fear for the potential that scary stuff could come my way if i ate the apples from such a garden.

so if the good ole TCM is out, what might be IN?

Im currently thinking along the lines of content and music mixed: major symphonies and great works of literature. beethoven and tolkein, maybe a splash of vonnegut, a brief history of time (might give the apples something to scoff at and correct during conversation)

what do you all think?

Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
    #2935270 - 07/28/04 02:37 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, those little mushrooms must fear for their life when that chainsaw comes down on some poor soul....

Perhaps a good idea would be to take your plants/mushrooms to plays, the opera, or even a jazz festival.

They will thank you by producing tenfold because they are relaxed and stress free!

OfflineSeppuko
Sprite

Loc: teh intarweb
Re: talking to plants - music - audio books [Re: sic8]
    #2935276 - 07/28/04 02:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sic8 said:
I agree, those little mushrooms must fear for their life when that chainsaw comes down on some poor soul....

Perhaps a good idea would be to take your plants/mushrooms to plays, the opera, or even a jazz festival.

They will thank you by producing tenfold because they are relaxed and stress free!

That post just earned yourself a rating :laugh:

--------------------
if I mention anything about the posession or production of illegal mushrooms, I am making it up.

OfflineSlacksmith
flaxmonger
    #2936084 - 07/28/04 01:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.yougrowgirl.com/explore/reviews/music_plantmusic.php

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20030129.html

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060915870/104-0664776-1021529?v=glance

im not alone in this notion.

im also somewhat surprised.

given the main focus of cultivation here on this sight, and the known "growing closer" that such a hobby can provoke, im curious that not more people are reporting friendly relations with their objects of care.

i recall many years ago spending a lot of time hunting in cattle fields and the "growing closer" effect was noticable in the presance of the wild organism.

i surmise that having a decent set up in your home might provide a similar sense of contact, or company.

i further surmise that it might be wise, in defense of traditional sanity, to give your houseguests something to do aside from entering your mind 24/7. Such edification and entertainment MIGHT even be able to flavor the later conversation you will have with your guest.

this is really what im interested in here.

do you think it might be possible to leave an information residue through audio bombardment? Something akin to teaching your baby a foreign language while in the womb by reading lessons to your belly through a tube?

while the jazz festival sounds like a good idea, it would be far too COOL there, theater is notoriously DRY, and i hear that opera is downright FILTHY.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation