Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecolormepurple
Having Fun
Loc: Kansas
Humidity Problems....Please Help
    #2932123 - 07/27/04 10:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hello everyone. I am new to this group and also new to mushroom cultivation. I am working on my first grow (Golden Teacher) and I have 6 cakes in a 10 gallon aquarium with perlite on bottom for humidification and plastic wrap covering top tightly. I have a thermometer/humdity guage inside the aquarium.Here is my problem, I can't make the humidity get above 90%. I fan the cakes several times a day with a small "wear around your neck" type fan. After I fan them I mist the cakes and the walls of aquarium. I birthed the cakes Friday and my temperature is constant at 75? and humidity 90%.Is it true that my humidity needs to be around 95 to 100%? Is my temperature ok? Please help me with suggestions on how to raise my humidity without raising my temperature. Thanks In Advance

--------------------
:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Humidity Problems....Please Help [Re: colormepurple]
    #2932172 - 07/27/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Two pieces of advice:

UTFSE and rethink openly declaring that you are cultivating a strain of fungus that may be illegal in your city, county, state, and country.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
    #2932270 - 07/27/04 11:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You should be fine with cakes. I never used a humidity gauge and never really had a problem. As long as your temps are cool (75ish) and the humidity isn't incredibly low you should be fine. Just be sure to fan about 3-4 times a day. In my experience with cakes you don't have to be too technical about stuff.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Edited by Edge (07/27/04 12:19 PM)

Offlinedoug_E_fresh
the shroomerysrapper

Re: Humidity Problems....Please Help [Re: Edge]
    #2932279 - 07/27/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Should be fine....one thing is...if it's a crappy hygrometer, it wont reach up to 100%rh. Like mine only goes to about 80% when I know for a fact it's higher.

--------------------

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
    #2932330 - 07/27/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Keep in mind.........these things grow just fine in the Wild!

Read: conditions do not have to be 100% perfect.......

Offlinecolormepurple
Having Fun
Loc: Kansas
Re: Humidity Problems....Please Help [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #2933374 - 07/27/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks everyone for your advice and Teon, I only stated the strain because I have read that different strains have different requirements as far as humidity and temperatue goes. And if UTFSE means what I think it does than, I already used the fucking search engine with no solutions to my specific problem.
The only thing search engines say is to use perlite well I am already using perlite. It just isn't giving me anything above 90% humidity. Thank you very fucking much.

--------------------
:smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract