Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedonkey_lipz
journeyman
Making one syringe into multiple syringes for friends
    #2931441 - 07/27/04 05:46 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

A couple of my buddies want to grow. I have one syringe I aquired from one of them a while back, when they were growing. Its a 10cc syringe. He said he put a couple prints into it so it is super dark. I never got around to growing the spores out and now they want to grow again. Its only a few months old and has been stored well. Onto the question...

Im thinking about pressure cooking a quart jar with 20ccs of water in it. Once cooled Id then take the dark syringe and shoot up the quart jar, thus giving me a total of 30ccs of spores water. Id then suck the spore water into the 3 syringes so I can share them with friends. Id really like to do this, its a fun hobby and ive never heard of a teq like this.

I would flame sterilize needles and cool in rubbing alcohol in a sterile environment before introducing them into the jars.

If I put 20ccs of water in the quart jar and PC, would I end up with 20ccs when its done? Will it leak out? There will be a hole for the needles to go through ofcourse, but it will be taped.

How long do I PC syringes before theyre officially sterile? I wrap them up tight in tinfoil right?

How long should I PC the quart jar with water in it to get it good and sterile?

you guys are the best, thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
Re: Making one syringe into multiple syringes for friends [Re: donkey_lipz]
    #2931465 - 07/27/04 05:56 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Better to make a karo/dextrose/honey type thing.

Get a 1/2 pint jar (any smallish jar really), put a hole in the lid, fill about 2/3rd way up with water and add a couple of teaspoons of honey or dextrose or whatever (I like dextrose, clear and can see growth easy, plus it just looks cool). Use foil on top and pressure cook for 15mins, let cool, inject 1-2ccs from the syringe and tape up the hole.

Incubate for about a week or so and you should have lovely clumps of mycelium in the jar. Then throw it in the fridge to stall growth and it should stay good for quite a while.

When they need the syringes, just shake the jar and suck up some of the water.

Easy.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2931474 - 07/27/04 06:03 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If I put 20ccs of water in the quart jar and PC, would I end up with 20ccs when its done? Will it leak out? There will be a hole for the needles to go through ofcourse, but it will be taped.

You may lose a little. Better safe than sorry and add a little extra.

Quote:

How long do I PC syringes before theyre officially sterile? I wrap them up tight in tinfoil right?

15-30 minutes once up to pressure should do it. I have wrapped them in tinfoil and used oven bags both with success. Nothing bad happened. :wink:

Quote:

How long should I PC the quart jar with water in it to get it good and sterile?

Depends on how much volume of water it contains. Since you said only 20cc's, then 20-30 minutes should be fine. Just pressure cook your syringes and water for 20-30 minutes and everything should work out fine provided the syringe is still viable and uncontaminated...

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleHangnail
Teo Torriatte

Loc: Over at the Frankenstein ...
    #2931487 - 07/27/04 06:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

this is a good idea :bong:.  see atwar's post. :bong:

--------------------
tonight you'll fall asleep in clothes-so late like a candy bar wrapped up for lunch that's all you get to taste
poverty and spit
poverty and spit

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Making one syringe into multiple syringes for friends [Re: Hangnail]
    #2931498 - 07/27/04 06:19 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Just gotta say that Darko kicks ASS!!!!!! :rasta:  Five shrooms for you.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
Re: Making one syringe into multiple syringes for friends [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #2931776 - 07/27/04 10:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Take a jar, fill it with water. Put lid rubber side down with one hole in the lid, cover hole with good waterproof tape. PC that jar of water (blank spore jar) and also PC several syringes full of water for one full hour. After all cool, inject spore filled syringe into jar of water, suck up diluted spore water. Do that with all remaining water filled syringes. Basically how I used to make all my spore syringes. You wouldn't belive how diluted you can go and still get great results.

InvisibleHangnail
Teo Torriatte

Loc: Over at the Frankenstein ...
Re: Making one syringe into multiple syringes for friends [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #2935430 - 07/28/04 04:46 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Just gotta say that Darko kicks ASS!!!!!! :rasta:  Five shrooms for you.

Thank you kindly.  I'm too insignificant to rate others  :lipsrsealed:

Sorry to get off topic but that movie does RULE and RUKE as well!  Must eat stones and watch "Donnie Darko".  They re-released it in NY and LA last weekend: directors cut.

--------------------
tonight you'll fall asleep in clothes-so late like a candy bar wrapped up for lunch that's all you get to taste
poverty and spit
poverty and spit

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation