Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShadowmaster02
Stranger
Tripping alone with parents home
    #2928764 - 07/26/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't consider myself an experienced tripper as I have only tripped 3 times (twice on acid and once on shrooms). Every time I have tripped it has been with others around and this time I want to do it alone so I can learn use it as more of a learning/spiritual experience than for enjoyment.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for my first solo journey.

Also, the one problem I have is the only place I have to trip is at home and my parents are almost always home (they will be sleeping when I trip). I am planning on spending a large portion of the time in my backyard with some headphones and the remainder of the time I will spend in my room. So if anyone has any tips on how to make the most of my experience with such limited space and noise concerns it would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrazyJulio
journeyman
Re: Tripping alone with parents home [Re: Shadowmaster02]
    #2928775 - 07/26/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If you want to delve into the more spiritual side, try meditation or yoga. Both should be pretty quiet and introspective.

OfflineAVShroomer
LSD enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#2929914 - 07/26/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I enjoy trippin on acid alone Ive tripped on 3 times alone and they were all fun and meaningful and you do sometimes get more out of tripping alone because sometimes people can just get in the way.

--------------------

'It's not a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom'
>**My Trip Journal**<

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
    #2929984 - 07/26/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hey bro ive been in your boat before when i was in highschool and everyone of my alone trips have been amazing, ive had to talk to my mom and everything

if you had crazy parents like i did, as long as you are happy you will talk normal and wont get caught trippin if that is a concern..

movies, video games, Conan Obrian, all help a first time alone trip be more pleasant and will let you stay in the real world but still able to zone-out far far away.

the best thing for your first solo mission::(especially if heavy dose) == a journal

--------------------
Shine On,           

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
    #2930781 - 07/26/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have yet to trip alone,but I will do it someday for sure.I don't think I can ever trip in my house with my parents being home (maybe on a weak dose?) It wouldn't be wise to trip in my house with my stepfather being a lieutenant for the police HA! It's great...yeahhhhhh.

--------------------

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Tripping alone with parents home [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #2931120 - 07/27/04 01:16 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey... its [EDIT]not[EDIT] (how did I leave out that word?)...... its NOT like you HAVE to make the most of a limited space while tripping. Any space that you think is limited... isn't. I'd be content at staring at an apple for hours on shrooms.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Edited by plexus (07/27/04 06:33 AM)

Offline69psyko69
Stranger
    #2931669 - 07/27/04 07:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer to trip alone. I find it more spiritually rewarding.. except last time. Last time, I did no prep, and I got kind of sleepy/bored. Then it almost felt like being in a holding cell for my mind.

To me, shrooms are like a big bear hug that won't let go for 4-6 hours, so preparation and planning are everything. Think of it like a long car ride (you're not the driver for this analogy). You're gonna bring drinks, maybe a book (I find it almost impossible to read while on shrooms cause the letters keep changing like in a dream), games, music etc.

That being said, plopping down in front of the TV while on shrooms is the biggest waste of time... unless there's a particular movie you want to see, or game to play.

While planning is important, you shouldn't schedule your every activity. Just have some options handy.

Try not to worry about the parents catching you... that kind of thinking can make a trip unpleasant. In reality, no one can tell.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#2931909 - 07/27/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

IMO, Ive tripped in my room several times with my dad home. Personaly I would NOT recommend it. From personal experience its been too much trouble making sure I dont make too much noise. If I get too happy and start to laugh that'll be highly suspicious to him. Or If Im lyin in bed and I move around ending up knocking the wall that'll sound suspicious too. So if your gonna do it at home I suggest you be patient and wait till they go out if it isnt too long.

But you also said you'll be spending time in the backyard, if thats the case then all I could recommend is not stayin in the house IF you want to be worry free.

Someone here mentioned even talking to your parents while you trip aslong as your calm and collected, I dont know about the guys parents but they obviously must not be perceptive regarding the HUGE PUPILS that everyone gets from tripping, or they just dont know any better

NO OFFENSE to the guys parents, just saying they must not really have a clue whats going on. Even with great controle over yourself your pupils will still be huge.

Have fun with the trip! :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Tripping alone with parents home [Re: bandaid]
    #2932086 - 07/27/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, you'll look pretty tweeked man

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
    #2932755 - 07/27/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

dude definately just try it with a weak dose and youll see its not too bad at all

i had suspicous parents and if you make some noise and your mom wakes up, as long as it wasnt anything crazy, you will be able to play it off with your huge pupils-it will probably be dim anyway

parents seem to notice red-stony eyes way more than dialated ones

--------------------
Shine On,           

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Tripping alone with parents home [Re: acoostick]
    #2933132 - 07/27/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I admit that red blotched eyes are easier to spot, but suggesting he'll probably be able to play it off anyways seems a premature assumption IMHO.

About the light being dim, when my dad goes for a snack in the middle of the night he always turns on the light, the light is almost as good as broad day light. If I where to hang around with huge pupils and he looked at my face he would know.

Not trying to go against your suggestions, but from my experience its all a bad idea! :tongue:.

Offlinechemcrusader
Stranger
Loc: Colorado, USA
    #2933705 - 07/27/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Tripping alone is always fun. There is more time to just let go and experience without any chatter. Although tripping with a close friend or two is great fun too. I've tripped while my dad was sleeping and it was never a problem. I hope you have/had fun!

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Tripping alone with parents home [Re: chemcrusader]
    #2935099 - 07/27/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

When I tripped in my room with parents home asleep I didn't do it alone. 2 friends also tripped with me and it was hell. We each ate an 8th at 12 am and than an hour later I munched on more and it all kicked in. Couldn't stop laughing, couldn't drink a Gatorade (it would go all over the place when my friend tried to drink it because he would just laugh while the gatorade goes down his throat and it would all come back up). And on top of that it wasn't a good idea to watch "Silent Night, Deadly Night". We were going insane so we snuck out being very loud and got a ride from my friend at 2 45 am and went to some cement factory (craziest trip ever!!!). I do wanna try a low dose though by myself sometime in my room.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
    #2935769 - 07/28/04 09:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

this is just me, but i hate tripping alone. ill admit i havent sat through an entire trip by myself, but when i was alone the times i did it i had constant thoughts of suicide. im not suicidal, i just couldnt control my thoughts at that point. the only thing that brought me out of that state was to find my friends and be near them at all times.

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
    #2937928 - 07/28/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ive tripped alone before, and it can be a very rewarding and generally fun experience, but as soon as bad thoughts start to creep in it can be hard to snap out of it. also, my mom used to be into drugs such as weed (alot of it actually) some coke, partying, etc, and my dads an experience musician whos lived with drugs around him his whole life, its nearly impossilbe to be on any type of drug around them, they notice immediatly = / as long as im quite downstairs tho im fine =)

Offlinecyndyl
mycologist wannabe
Female

Loc: far away from home
    #2937972 - 07/28/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have always enjoyed tripping alone better than being with some else. I need quiet to focus and just have more of a spiritual experience when not distracted with other people.
The solo journey's one to the inside while a group experience is just having fun.
Have a great trip!

--------------------

There's no such thing as a stupid question,
but they're the easiest to answer!

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
    #2938121 - 07/28/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

When I tripped in my room with parents home asleep I didn't do it alone. 2 friends also tripped with me and it was hell. We each ate an 8th at 12 am and than an hour later I munched on more and it all kicked in. Couldn't stop laughing, couldn't drink a Gatorade (it would go all over the place when my friend tried to drink it because he would just laugh while the gatorade goes down his throat and it would all come back up). And on top of that it wasn't a good idea to watch "Silent Night, Deadly Night". We were going insane so we snuck out being very loud and got a ride from my friend at 2 45 am and went to some cement factory (craziest trip ever!!!). I do wanna try a low dose though by myself sometime in my room.

your parentes have quite a heavy sleep....lucjy you, you know

you don?t make noises because you?re experiencing the mushrooms but because of what you do. If you are person who is content to "turn off the lighs good night" and put headfones on, if that?s a good "trip" for you, go ahead

also if you like interiorization (sp?) you may just lie on your bed and dream the most coloful and vivid dream ever... :smile:

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2938251 - 07/28/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've talked to my parents on several occassions while tripping balls.

Just remind yourself what I did was not wrong, don't act as though you have something to hide, you are your own person and will enjoy filling your own personal desires. No other persons opinions on what you do on your personal time have any real bearing.

Think like that, you'll be happy as a duck and loving towards your parents.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Offlinenickelpenny
journeyman
Re: Tripping alone with parents home [Re: daft]
    #2938364 - 07/28/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yea i have tripped with my parents asleep..i figured it would be risky but it couldnt be no different from blazing up while they are sleeping.

it was weird. I planned on eating my highest dose that night(3.5g) and i was planning on my brother trip sitting for me. But once i got done eating them my brother said that he was tired and that he was going to sleep. It didnt bother me. so i went down stairs and tripped fuckin balls and chilled in my room. It was the nicest trip ever. couldnt of gone more smooth.

I found out that when i got lonely during the trip that i turned on something that i had watched earlier and enjoyed...scarface. Made my mind feel good.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Tripping alone with parents home [Re: nickelpenny]
    #2938458 - 07/28/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad you had a good trip. Me personally, I will never trip again where I have to stay in one room.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract