Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Morning Glory Seeds, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Parents and Advice
    #2930771 - 07/27/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Today my parents just found out about my drug experiences and desire to explore new things. Over the past few months they have been searching my room (yes, I know, crazy ass parents) and have found papers with info on mushrooms and pictures of mushrooms and drawings of mushrooms, cough medicine gelcaps, visine, morning glory seeds, and have smelt marijuana in different places in my room (from me hiding my pipe). I indeed did lie about useing anything, but marijuana. I told them I was going to sell the cough gelcaps (DXM) to some dumb little kids that would think it's some awsome drug, told them I was going to plant a morning glory flower for my father for his upcoming B-day, told them I smoke weed 1x every 2 weeks to relieve stress and relax, and told them that the mushroom stuff was for research in Bio on fungi. There was no way they could know I have done any of that, so I had to lie. They don't really believe me and I know that. I have tried telling them that smoking weed isn't as bad as they think, but they refuse to listen as they think they know what they're talking about. My dad saying stupid things like: "Weed is addictive and it'll lead to much more than just the drug itself" "Weed is a gateway drug" "I know plenty of people that had to smoke marijuana every day because they were addicted" "Smoking 1x every 2 weeks just leads onto every day, but you can't help it." I have told them and try to educate them, but I know they will never understand as they are very much against drugs. They don't trust me at all anymore and I was wondering if any of you have shared the same experience or anything and some tips and advice on what to do or what to say to them. They're going to drug test me soon to see if I really have been smoking weed lately because I told them I stopped last time they caught me. Can't keep any drug whatsoever at my house again. Parents just think every drug is horrible and should never be experienced with. Sorry for the rambling, I'm fuckin' pissed.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh?
Re: Parents and Advice [Re: mushiemountain]
    #2930805 - 07/27/04 01:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Never lie dude... When my parents asked me I told them that i smoked marijuana. I told them i ate mushrooms, I told them uI've tried coke and meth and everydrug i had done to that point. Ofcourse they were angry. But they got over it. Now whenever im at my parents house im aloud to smoke, just outside...  They know i grow mushrooms hell my dad made a run to the store to get me some WBS because i dont have a car :wink: Don't lie... Tell the truth they will get mad but if they have any since they will get over it. They mayb never agree with it.. but they will see that you told the truth and that you are going to smoek no matter what. I told my dad he may not like it but its my body and Iam going to smoke no matter what. :wink:

--------------------
:hypno: :merkaba: :peace: My Trade List (2-12-16) :peace: :merkaba: :hypno: 

:mushroom2: :syringe: +++ AMU Q&A and TEK LIST +++ :syringe: :mushroom2:
:trippinbawelz:
:nyan: Cult Guide :nyan:
:discorex: :dancingbacon: :carlton:

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Parents and Advice [Re: Miscusi]
    #2930893 - 07/27/04 02:06 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, but the thing is I can't smoke at all and if they find out I still do- "shit is going to hit the fan". My parents would eventually get over it, yeah. But they would never ever trust me again and would give me no freedom whatsoever.

--------------------
----------primussucks

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
    #2931257 - 07/27/04 04:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

tell them to fuck off. It works better than you think.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2931475 - 07/27/04 06:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just lay off drugs for a bit. Take a break for a few months or so and your parents will eventually forget about it. If you decide to take a break this means no leaving visible sign of drug use....like OTC meds, Drawings, seed, multiple lighters and what not in your bedroom. When I first started experimenting with drugs my parents had found all kinds of stuff in my bedroom. After they would always do random searches in my room while I was gone with friends or at work. But they had never found nothing because I led them to believe I was off drugs for good. I know how your parents are mine are the same only believing what propaganda has told them. I've tried multiple times on setting their facts straight on how certain drugs are not bad and their responses were "If its not bad, then why is it illegal?" kind of crap. I've also pointed out that the government could care less for the health of people because cigarettes and alcohol prove it. But good luck to you I hope you do whats best for ya.

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Parents and Advice [Re: Osker246]
    #2934028 - 07/27/04 09:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think I might just stick to drinkin' booze and maybe eat a little bit of mushrooms from time to time. It'll be hard not to smoke though because thats all I used to do everyday all day with my friends.

--------------------
----------primussucks

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #2934056 - 07/27/04 09:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just listen to your parents for now and just wait to experiment with drugs once you are on your own.

If you are going to do drugs just stick to mushrooms every now and then because your parents are going to be piss testing you. Its best to just be honest with your parents for a while and don't fuckup anything with them that you might regret.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2934078 - 07/27/04 09:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I hate to be the one to say it, but a lot of what they are saying is true. Marijuana IS addictive. Smoking once every two weeks does lead to smoking everday, and more often than not marijuana does lead to other drugs.

I don't want to come off as an anti-drug person or anything, I just don't like when people pretend that drugs are perfect and don't cause any problems. My advice is to buy a small fire safe, and don't give them a key. Sentry sells a real nice model that has the circular lock (almost unpickable), they won't be able to search it and it holds all smell inside. Of course they could just pick it up and take it, unless you bolted it to the floor. Or you could just stop using drugs for a while and try to start some more constructive hobbies.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Parents and Advice [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2934110 - 07/27/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If someone decides they aren't going to smoke everyday, than they wont smoke everyday. If someone doesn't care about how much they smoke, then yes, they probably will end up smoking everyday.

I, however, can control how often I smoke weed though.

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
    #2934175 - 07/27/04 10:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Marijuana CAN lead to use of other drugs, yes. But so can many other things. I know people that smoke once to twice a month and have been doing so for the past two years. So, no it does not lead to smoking more and more continueing to every day. And I'm not pretending drugs are perfect and don't cause problems. I was saying marijuana and maybe a few other drugs dont cause much problems as people think. I have only experienced with weed, shrooms, alcohol, DXM, and LSA. I don't really wanna experience with any other drugs besides LSD and maybe a few others (or use DXM again) because I know that it might cause serious problems for me.

--------------------
----------primussucks

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2934305 - 07/27/04 10:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You claim marijuana is not addictive, and dosn't lead to everyday use.
Quote:

It'll be hard not to smoke though because thats all I used to do everyday all day with my friends.

You claim it does not lead to other drug use.
Quote:

I have only experienced with weed, shrooms, alcohol, DXM, and LSA.

Sure this is not the case with everyone, but for many it is.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2934364 - 07/27/04 11:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Quote:

It'll be hard not to smoke though because thats all I used to do everyday all day with my friends.

This is more caused by not having anything else to do but hang around and smoke i assume.

Quote:

I doubt weed was the first "drug" his mind ever came into contact with. And i can assure you this since, many "drugs" are already in our heads.
Gateway argument is complete and utter bullshit. Weed is mentally addictive but so is sugar, chocolate, eating peppers, sex, etc

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Parents and Advice [Re: d33p]
    #2934466 - 07/27/04 11:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not trying to say weed is a terrible demon drug that is super addictive and leads to other drugs. All I'm saying is that his parents claims do have SOME validity. He went off about how all their anti-drug propaganda was complete bullshit, when in fact the stuff they said was in fact true in his case.

Let me make this real clear, I love marijuana. But just like any other drug it should be respected and used in moderation. If you can get high all day long every day and still manage to get good grades or hold a job or whatever it is you do, then more power to you......but I've seen quite a few cases where a person's use was not so positive.

Quote:

This is more caused by not having anything else to do but hang around and smoke i assume.

Thats really not a good excuse. If you have nothing to do with yourself besides get high, maybe you should take up some hobbies or get a job.

Quote:

I doubt weed was the first "drug" his mind ever came into contact with. And i can assure you this since, many "drugs" are already in our heads.

I'm with you there, except for the drugs in our heads bullshit. Yes, there are chemicals that could be considered drugs in our heads but the way you said that is just plain stupid. Personally I think the true "gateway" drug is nicotine. I believe most kids start out smoking cigarettes/chewing dip.

Quote:

Gateway argument is complete and utter bullshit.

No, it really is not. If marijuana were legal, then yes it would be utter bullshit. Unfortunatly however, prohibition means we have to purchase out marijuana from drug dealers. This puts us in contact with a lot of shady people, many of whom use more than just marijuana. I can't even count how many times I was offered free coke by dealers when I was a young teenager. "Cmon man, just try a little line it's fun!".

Quote:

Weed is mentally addictive but so is sugar, chocolate, eating peppers, sex, etc

I used to say that same thing, till I realized how hopelessly addicted to weed I actually was. Yes, it's a mental addiction and nowhere near as bad as most drugs.....but it IS addictive. I will always love smoking pot, for the rest of my life. Sure I can stop when I need to without much of a problem, but there is always going to be another oppurtunity for me to smoke, and I'm always gonna take it. I just can't help it, I love it. Thats the thing about mental addictions, it's not that you can't stop.....just that you don't want to.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2934541 - 07/28/04 12:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Quote:

Thats really not a good excuse. If you have nothing to do with yourself besides get high, maybe you should take up some hobbies or get a job. It is not an excuse, it is the reason. In this case it would have nothing to do with addiction. I go on my computer everyday; am i addicted to my computer? Nope. Common useage does not imply addiction. Government propaganda has confused you about this.

Quote:

I'm with you there, except for the drugs in our heads bullshit. Yes, there are chemicals that could be considered drugs in our heads but the way you said that is just plain stupid. Personally I think the true "gateway" drug is nicotine. I believe most kids start out smoking cigarettes/chewing dip. DMT is up there along with many real drugs. And me mentioning the brain was irrelevant. I was putting emphasis more on being introduced to events which would trigger happiness in you. Like eating sugar, chocolate, etc.

Quote:

Gateway argument is complete and utter bullshit.

No, it really is not. If marijuana were legal, then yes it would be utter bullshit. Unfortunatly however, prohibition means we have to purchase out marijuana from drug dealers. This puts us in contact with a lot of shady people, many of whom use more than just marijuana. I can't even count how many times I was offered free coke by dealers when I was a young teenager. "Cmon man, just try a little line it's fun!". Then weed has nothing to do with it. It is the prohibition of it that is the problem. Take that one up with the government don't make it a con of pot.

Quote:

Weed is mentally addictive but so is sugar, chocolate, eating peppers, sex, etc

I used to say that same thing, till I realized how hopelessly addicted to weed I actually was. Yes, it's a mental addiction and nowhere near as bad as most drugs.....but it IS addictive. I will always love smoking pot, for the rest of my life. Sure I can stop when I need to without much of a problem, but there is always going to be another oppurtunity for me to smoke, and I'm always gonna take it. I just can't help it, I love it. Thats the thing about mental addictions, it's not that you can't stop.....just that you don't want to.

Does it impede your daily life? Life is full of addictions, you have only been taught that it must be bad. Could you never eat anything sweet again? I doubt not, but then why is addiction not bad? Also by what you said i would assume you havent experienced the greatest addiction known to man which is associated with love.

Propaganda is more effective then we all think.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlinenickelpenny
journeyman
    #2934652 - 07/28/04 12:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yea dude ive been in the same shoes as you...although only with weed.

My parents still smoke weed (mom everyday and dad once in awhile), they used to do it right in front of us. but once me and my bro got into it and they found out we were smoking then they would hide all the shit and my hippocritical(sp?) mom would make it seem like its the worse thing ever. everytime she would lash out at me to stop smoking pot i would back it up with "maybe you should quit".

I, younger than my brother, started smoking 2 years before he even tryed it. My parents never knew and my brother never knew that i did it. Then my brother got into it and i told him i did it and smoked with him(still the way it is). But his dumbass got caught, because he wasnt cautious and would leave pipes and shit all over. The crazy thing is that his dumbass got me caught.

I told my mom i tryed it a few times even though i knew she didnt believe me. I told her that ide quit. I told myself that if i could go 2 fuckin yrs without parents and my bro knowing..i can go back to it. and thats what i did. havent gotten caught since.

just when shit starts gettin heavy and they are searchin your room and shit...just layoff dude, until it settles down.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2934718 - 07/28/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Stop fucking talking to me like I am some kind of dare officer or something.

Quote:

It is not an excuse, it is the reason. In this case it would have nothing to do with addiction. I go on my computer everyday; am i addicted to my computer? Nope. Common useage does not imply addiction. Government propaganda has confused you about this.

Propaganda has nothing to do with it. It's not healthy to sit around and get high all day long. You should have other activities in your life, for instance work, school, sports/exercise, girls, family, ect, ect. If you can do all these things AND get high, then it's not a problem. But if you stop doing things, and only smoke pot then it is a problem.

Quote:

DMT is up there along with many real drugs. And me mentioning the brain was irrelevant. I was putting emphasis more on being introduced to events which would trigger happiness in you. Like eating sugar, chocolate, etc.

I'm aware of the fact that there are "drugs" in our brain, but like you said it is completely irrelavent in regards to the gateway drug disscusion. Sugar is an addictive drug. Chocolate contains sugar and caffiene, so it is two addictive drugs in one. Neither of these tend to directly lead to other drugs however because they are readily availible in a variety of forms and are simply a whole different thing.

Quote:

Then weed has nothing to do with it. It is the prohibition of it that is the problem. Take that one up with the government don't make it a con of pot.

I completely agree. Prohibition is the only reason why marijuana is a gateway drug. I fully support legalization, and believe it would completely eliminate this problem. However, prohibition is a way of life at the moment. Therefor no matter how wrong it is, you still have to buy your pot from drug dealers which puts you into contact with all sorts of drugs. So if you live in America, it IS a con of pot.

Quote:

Does it impede your daily life? Life is full of addictions, you have only been taught that it must be bad. Could you never eat anything sweet again? I doubt not, but then why is addiction not bad? Also by what you said i would assume you havent experienced the greatest addiction known to man which is associated with love.

As a matter of fact, it has impeded my daily life before. It does not now, because I don't let it. But I've spent a good part of my life living in a purple haze. It was always easier for me to get high and play video games than it was to go out and make friends or do things. If I did go out, I would also be getting high at the same time. I've also been arrested. Once again, yes prohibition is complete unfair bullshit but thats the way it is. I never said that it was neccasarily a bad thing to be addicted to marijuana, only that it could be. Your right, I have never been in love.....but I really don't see what that has to do with anything.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2934882 - 07/28/04 01:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Stop fucking talking to me like I am some kind of dare officer or something. I am?

Propaganda has nothing to do with it. It's not healthy to sit around and get high all day long. You should have other activities in your life, for instance work, school, sports/exercise, girls, family, ect, ect. If you can do all these things AND get high, then it's not a problem. But if you stop doing things, and only smoke pot then it is a problem.
If pot did not exist they would sit around and do absolutely nothing. Pot and its addictive qualities is not the issue in this case. And i doubt he meant for 16 hrs a day he smoked with friends and thats all.

I'm aware of the fact that there are "drugs" in our brain, but like you said it is completely irrelavent in regards to the gateway drug disscusion. Sugar is an addictive drug. Chocolate contains sugar and caffiene, so it is two addictive drugs in one. Neither of these tend to directly lead to other drugs however because they are readily availible in a variety of forms and are simply a whole different thing.
Again you miss my point. Eating sugar, playing, laughing, etc are activities which give a human pleasureable effects. The human would repeat these activities to gain those pleasureable effects. The idea is the same with pot. Just beacuse pot is illegal and a "drug" does not make its addictive qualities any more worse than sugar or playing.

You also do not understand what "gateway drug" means. They do not call pot a gateway drug because it causes you to enter into the drug life which may lead to using other drugs. Your reason for it being a gateway drug is actually better than the media's(expect like i later explain all it does is expose prohibition as the real problem). The media calls pot a "gateway drug" because it gets you high so if you like the high you will want a stronger high so it will lead you to try other drugs. This is BS wtf about alcohol, tobacco, and sugar?

I completely agree. Prohibition is the only reason why marijuana is a gateway drug. I fully support legalization, and believe it would completely eliminate this problem. However, prohibition is a way of life at the moment. Therefor no matter how wrong it is, you still have to buy your pot from drug dealers which puts you into contact with all sorts of drugs. So if you live in America, it IS a con of pot.
Again your reason for it being a "gateway drug" is not the same as the media's. So your saying just roll over, blame pot not the real cause, and just live with it?

As a matter of fact, it has impeded my daily life before. It does not now, because I don't let it. But I've spent a good part of my life living in a purple haze. It was always easier for me to get high and play video games than it was to go out and make friends or do things. The way you put it makes it sound like it wasent your addiction causing you to stay home and smoke. If I did go out, I would also be getting high at the same time. I've also been arrested. Once again, yes prohibition is complete unfair bullshit but thats the way it is. I never said that it was neccasarily a bad thing to be addicted to marijuana, only that it could be. Your right, I have never been in love.....but I really don't see what that has to do with anything.

The point was that addictions are a way of life. Not bad at all unless it begins to screw with your life.

Finally, look at research done by the NIDA and independant studies in holland on pot's mental addiction as well as it being a "gateway drug"

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2934937 - 07/28/04 01:15 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You didn't even come close to proving a single thing with that last post. All your doing is spouting off pro-drug propaganda and doing a very poor job of proving your case. $10 says your addicted to marijuana and don't want to admit it. However, I agree with your overall idea that marijuana is a good thing, as long as you don't let your use get out of control.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
    #2934953 - 07/28/04 01:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

sorry. messed up on post::::::::

Edited by mushiemountain (07/28/04 01:24 AM)

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
    #2934983 - 07/28/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Quote:

Well the reason I smoked every day is not because I was addicted, because I'm not. It was simply because of what d33p mentioned, we have nothing really to do.

Quote:

My other drug use was not lead on by marijuana. I first started drinking and I wanted to try mushrooms before ever trying to puff on some weed. But one night while drunk I smoked and have ever since.

--------------------
----------primussucks

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Morning Glory Seeds, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience