Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Papaver Somniferum, Portable Greenhouse, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Considering Growing
    #2930637 - 07/27/04 01:12 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys, I'm considering starting to grow some ethno-plants but I dunno what to grow. I"ve done some research around but there's nothing like what you can find from other growers. I was just wondering if there was any information you guys might have to offer about anything, really. what to grow, fertilizers, etc. Thanks for any help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: Considering Growing [Re: BioSore]
    #2930686 - 07/27/04 01:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It depends on what kind of experience you're seeking from an enthnobotanical. Do you just want to grow something? Or are you looking into ethno usage? It depends on where you want to go and what you want to do.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Re: Considering Growing [Re: Crestfallen]
    #2930693 - 07/27/04 01:26 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ahh, yeah, sorry, I should have clarified. I'm looking into ethno usage. It can't be slow to grow though, I"m moving out in about two years so I can't start any big projects.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #2930799 - 07/27/04 01:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

cacti and quick are out, but if you buy a largish pedro cutting youd be good.

Ones that grow fast in my opinion are morning glories, weed, shrooms, salvia, psychotria (relative i guess), datura (read warnings perhaps), nicotiana. havnt had first hand experience with psychotria, datura or shrooms. just going by the majority of what has been explained to me. the rest i consider very fast.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Re: Considering Growing [Re: kadakuda]
    #2930832 - 07/27/04 01:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Shrooms is what I came here for. I can't do pot, parents know the smell by heart now. I'm probably gonna do salvia and maybe psychotria, and probably some syrian rue. I'm doing it all indoors so I can't get a very large plot of it all, probably all in a closet or an extrenal closet or two. I was gonna go for an outdoors greenhouse, but that'd get relatively expensive.

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
    #2931162 - 07/27/04 03:32 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I recommend to grow some datura, it truely is a wonderful plant to grow and relatively fast/easy. If you have a local nursery, chances are they will sell datura plants for $3-$4. Papaver somniferum is fairly easy and quick, yet you probably don't want to grow 10+ plants (less if it's for sure good seeds). Nicotina rustica (tobacco) is a great plant to grow, especially if you grow it for a long time to have a good strain of tobacco. That syrian rue might be a little difficult (i haven't grown it myself), but good luck. The mushies are a fantastic idea, and very quick...you can pretty much find all you need easily.

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Re: Considering Growing [Re: LoneDeranger]
    #2931233 - 07/27/04 03:57 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I was thinking the syrian rue will be difficult. What's wrong with the somniferum? Also, I probbably won't be doing the tobacco... I don't know why, probably with the Truth, though I hate those fuckers. Anyways, though, yeah. I might go with the datura, althoguh I don't wanna be tripping like crazy because I wanna either be not intact with the real world or still be consious of what I"m doing.

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
    #2931335 - 07/27/04 04:38 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I guess i didn't consider the consumption part of it. Don't consume datura, unless you have a good reason. It can take quite a bit of Papaver somniferum plants to make a single dose, but as little as 1 or 2 i guess (i don't have much experience, just lots of reading). Good luck.

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #2931404 - 07/27/04 05:36 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

syrian rue from what ive read is pretty slow, but 2 years is probably enough if you can get a large plant to begin with. may want to buy it as a herb instead?

Datura and poppies are good plants and grow quick. just make sure you know what your getting into. i personally wont grow them for fear of doing them. i know ill do them if i grow them, so i just stay away. allthough i grew tons of popies before i realised wat type i had.

i would plant more than 1-2 poppy plants tho. especially if your parents are there. they may get suspicious if they notice ALL of the pods leeking and/or missing from a couple plants (i think even parents knwo about opium). It would be much more camouflauged to take pods from a few plants that are mixed in with a couple dozen others. just hides better. plus you may fuck up and not get any resin the first few trys, never know how something will pan out.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Re: Considering Growing [Re: kadakuda]
    #2931432 - 07/27/04 05:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I probably won't grow the Datura just because of the effects. The poppies, they're pretty safe aslong as you don't get into the mix with alot of them. Better to take only a few but large doses than taking many small doses jsut to stay unaddicted.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Papaver Somniferum, Portable Greenhouse, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden