Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Newbie questions on Spore Prints
    #2928833 - 07/26/04 04:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so AFOAF is going to need to make some spore syringes soon, he was going to follow DarkWings Yogurt Tek. My question is this, how does he know when the mushrooms are prime for spore drops? Do you want to let the mushie mature as long as it can on the cake? He is a little unclear on this process as its his first time  :grin: I'm assuming the bigger the mushie, the more spores thus a bigger print, but will any size do, say if you dont have any big ones growing?

Thanks all for your help, and again thanks for putting up with my newbie questions I promise it will all be over soon  :tongue2:

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Newbie questions on Spore Prints [Re: McKennaFan]
    #2928840 - 07/26/04 04:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Any size will do....altho i tend to put more than one print on if the caps are tiny. If it has an opened cap, it will print.

You want to wait until the cap is pretty well opened up....no veil remaining attached to the cap at all.

After the cap is opened to the traditional "mushroom" look, then go thru with your tek. Always worked for me.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: Newbie questions on Spore Prints [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2928856 - 07/26/04 04:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Great thanks much that all he needed to know  :cool:

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie questions on Spore Prints [Re: McKennaFan]
    #2929171 - 07/26/04 05:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I suggest just after the cap opens and you see any spores on the veil, this way ya know the spores are mature and yet not open so long as to possibly make a dirty print. I've always been anal about clean prints bc once you start supplying dirty prints your out of business. Not that I've ever done that.(sell prints)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation