Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
old hand
 User Gallery
Bond at $1.1M for crash driver
    #2928349 - 07/26/04 12:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Bond at $1.1M for crash driver

By Janice Morse
Enquirer staff writer

A judge today set bond at $1.1 million for a Chillicothe man who now faces an additional charge in a high-speed crash that killed his four passengers.

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Julia Stautberg ordered that Jerald J. Hundley, 24, could not be released unless he posts $100,000 cash for each of the 11 charges filed against him. The judge specified that he would not be allowed to post 10 percent of the amount through a bondsman.

Hundley did not appear in court this morning when his bond was set because he remained at Bethesda North Hospital under police guard. He was listed in fair condition.

Authorities accuse Hundley of 10 felonies of a crash that killed Hundley's ex-girlfriend, Nickole Williamson, 23, and her sister, Stacey, 15, just a half-mile from their home. Also killed: Nickole's most recent boyfriend, Nicholas D. Lucke, 24, of the Cincinnati area; and Hundley's friend, Timothy J. Chaney, 22, of Chillicothe.

Hundley faces an additional charge of obstructing official business for allegedly giving police a false name.

Police say Hundley was driving a 1990 Ford Probe that crashed into a utility pole at more than 100 mph, ripping the vehicle in two and flinging the halves about 50 feet apart from each other. The crash happened early Friday on Fields Ertel Road near Butler Warren Road in Sycamore Township.

Hundley, the sole survivor of the crash, apparently was wearing a seat belt, contrary to previous reports. Court records say Hundley, who turned up four hours after the crash at a residence three-quarters of a mile away, "had injuries consistent with a driver seat belt." He also told medics that he was the driver of the wrecked Probe, records show.

Hundley's four passengers were all thrown from the Probe. Nickole Williamson later was pronounced dead at Bethesda; the other three died at the scene.

The crash happened about five minutes after a police officer spotted someone throwing a bottle from the Probe's window and stopped the vehicle. The officer walked up to the vehicle, intending to issue a littering warning or citation. But the officer said the driver, who appeared drunk, revved his engine and fled. Police quickly lost sight of the Probe and abandoned the pursuit.

After the crash, police discovered 5.5 pounds of hallucinogenic mushrooms and a loaded gun in the wreckage. Investigators say Hundley gave a false Social Security number and name - Jarred Hunley - hampering their investigation.

Records under Hundley's real name show active warrants for his arrest on drug-related charges, a suspended driver's license and eight convictions for driving offenses.

The 10 felonies Hundley faces in connection with Friday's crash are: four counts of aggravated vehicular homicide, four counts of leaving the scene of a crash, carrying a concealed weapon and drug trafficking.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: the sky
Re: Bond at $1.1M for crash driver [Re: motaman]
    #2928355 - 07/26/04 12:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Poor fool.

Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Bond at $1.1M for crash driver [Re: motaman]
    #2928481 - 07/26/04 02:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ouch, so long Jerald. :bye:

Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service