Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA Flag
sunlight or refridgeration?
    #2927554 - 07/26/04 01:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

does putting the jars in the fridge overnight make them pin faster, or when fully colonized just give them light? also i was wondering if you can cold shock mycobags in the fridge to make them pin?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: sunlight or refridgeration? [Re: SamhainJ]
    #2927761 - 07/26/04 03:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think it does others don't. Both ways will work. Yeah bags can be shocked.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #2928148 - 07/26/04 11:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just remember the coincidence of all your pinning triggers is the best way to get a great pinset, so next morning make sure you get them in there fruiting chamber with plenty of light 12-16hrs.(for great pinsets) and plenty of fresh air exchanges (FAE) with misting after each fanning. Pins won't pin faster BTW but they will be more prolific if you coincide your triggers properly. GL

Offlinedeviation
w0000000t
Re: sunlight or refridgeration? [Re: hyphae]
    #2929676 - 07/26/04 08:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

misting? the chamber or the cakes or casings?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: sunlight or refridgeration? [Re: deviation]
    #2929829 - 07/26/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Misting the cakes and casings with a very fine mist that only the pumpup sprayer can provide when adjusted right. :wink:

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#2929848 - 07/26/04 09:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i don't recommend directly misting your cakes, even if you have one of the finest mists. but you give good info..

bright indirect light at the same time of dropping the temps are good..

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Edited by felix (07/26/04 09:22 PM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: sunlight or refridgeration? [Re: felix]
    #2929885 - 07/26/04 09:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ya know people don't realize really the only time ya don't want to mist the casing is during pinsetting, thats  a critical time especially for newbies that don't have a clue they will often water past "near saturation" or worse they spray to hard and pan the casing surface. I do recommend direct misting and always keep the casing at "near saturation" this IS the optimum moisture level for mycelium to thrive why wouldn't you? Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy. This is the fine art of pinsetting :wink: It has helped many a newbie get very respectable flushes. Of course you'll have to register but it is well worth it!!! :wink: Check it out felix and throw me a PM so I can get your personal opinion! :wink: GL Bro

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#2932970 - 07/27/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i would definitely mist casings directly, but Not cakes.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2954049 - 08/02/04 12:23 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

These cakes were misted directly with a very fine mist :wink: They were BTW fridge dunked 24hrs. and double ended :wink: results like these can be had as long as you don't drown your cakes, water delivery is a fine art that every would be grower should learn. The secret for those who want to learn is "near saturation" and is something that will only come from experience and throughly understanding what it is!
Here I have to disagree with felix only because of mine as well as many others who have seen the awesome results of "near saturation" :wink: Cakes are IMHO no different than casings as far as water delivery but I would not recommend this until you truely know what it is you want.

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#2954606 - 08/02/04 02:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

nice pics, dcyans. i do notice a saturated look to your mushrooms. i've never dunked cakes before, so i don't know much about that. but i do know that back in the day, i thought i had a pretty fine mist coming out my spray bottle, and even then the water droplets would bead up and form on my cakes...something not wanted. i suppose if you had a spray bottle that nearly atomized the spray that would be cool.

on a side note, saturating the shrooms may increase the fruitage, but in the past i've noticed to much 'watering' can actually add unwanted water weight to your shrooms, resulting in overall less actual mushroom tissue and 'meat'.

one last thing, my opinion of dunking - i think it's sort of an uneeded procedure. cakes can fruit just as prolific without drowning them, but some people who are newer to growing can only get a nice flush by dunking.

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2954660 - 08/02/04 02:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

TY felix :smile: One point though is never saturate thats not what i'm saying at all. Also mushrooms grow in size due to transpiration and true you can over saturate a mushroom resulting only in excessive drying times, you can end up with 100+gm. wet fruits which require a lot of H2O. There are many side by sides that provide very good evidence to dunkings increase in yields. Like you said a person has to know what a fine atomized mist looks like and most have nothing to compare it to, My suggestion get a squeeze type spray bottle and a pumpup one from wally world or someplace and adjust it closed then slightly open it until a very fine mist comes out, this is the only way to compare (by experiencing it first hand) :wink: Here is an example of the increase in yield that can be obtained through the The Dunk Tek

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#2954976 - 08/02/04 05:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the link! and good luck.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation