Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
shroom tea or not?
    #2926693 - 07/25/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

me and some friends can either just down an 8th each or go for a batch of shroom tea. we've never done tea and we think it would be interesting to try that. i'd like to hear some opinions of shroom tea and also maybe a recipe to follow. cheers

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: shroom tea or not? [Re: TODAY]
    #2926840 - 07/25/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

try grinding up your shrooms into a fine powder, mix up this powder in some iced tea (snapple or similier) or juics. Drink it down and strap in.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2926846 - 07/25/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

be carful though, the powder can spill, also, pour a little extra juice or tea in the bottle or cup to rinse. the easiest thing to do is take a bottle of snapple, pour out like half of it, then pour the powder in, cap the bottle and shaka shaka.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: shroom tea or not? [Re: gdman]
    #2926898 - 07/25/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

oh, i was thinking there would be more to the recipe, like a nice herbal tea mixed with stuff to make it not taste like poo ass. but you do grind up the powder? do you filter the powder and steep it like a teabag? i guess i can google it but i would like to see what kind of stuff you all have tried in regards to shroom tea.

also, is the onset quicker, the trip shorter?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2926922 - 07/25/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

well that's not shroom tea, but it's easy as hell and you don't need to heat up water. As for fatser onset, I smoked a joint after this, after we where through, I started to feel them comeing on.

--------------------

Offlinechevron
spiralling

Loc: UK
    #2926978 - 07/25/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Steeping the mushrooms in tea is a very effective method of consumption, I followed the "simple mushroom recipe" from Erowid:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_prep2.shtml

And then added a load of chocolate nesquik powder. Just tasted like normal hot chocolate.

I found the onset was /much/ quicker, things were starting to take on their shrooming appearance before I even finished all the tea. Supposedly psilocybin is absorbed into the water but not psilocin, resulting in a different trip, but I didn't notice much difference.

--------------------
I am merely a parody.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2926979 - 07/25/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've found tea to have a quicker come up and down. I've had inconsistent results with actually brewing tea though, so I would agree with gdman.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: shroom tea or not? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2927382 - 07/25/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

One time I did tea, I didn't trip very hard at all, and it was 4 grams of shrooms too. Another time I tripped more balls than ever. The come up was fast and intense.

Once I didn't have a comeup... I was sober one second, and by the next second everything around me was breathing...

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2927720 - 07/26/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The tea works very well imo. It weakens the shroom feeling on your stomach and body a lot and its much easier to take down.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#2927848 - 07/26/04 02:52 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a big fan of using chai tea or hot chocolate and the ground up mushroom powder idea. It's worked like a charm every time. I believe using hot liquid brings the psilocybin out of the shrooms and into the water. It is absorbed immediately, starting in your mouth, so you will have a very fast come up. I've found this to be most pleasant. Using cold liquid is just like swallowing a pill. It can take just as long as eating them and can have varied results. Bottom line, do what you want to do! Peace

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: shroom tea or not? [Re: Hendostan]
    #2927851 - 07/26/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I forgot to mention though, don't use boiling water, this can diminish your psilocybin content.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: shroom tea or not? [Re: chevron]
    #2927911 - 07/26/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I too was curious about this as i have a few mushrooms that dont look to be in the best conditions for eating fresh but if the psilocin is not also absorbed i'll probably go for drying them then eating.

btw AFAIK if the psilocin is not absorbed then yes there will be a different effect (less potent) as psilocin is the actual chemical responsible for the effect. Psilocybin is converted into psilocin in the body so in the end you just get the one chemical effecting you.

Am i Wrong?

Offlinechevron
spiralling

Loc: UK
Re: shroom tea or not? [Re: el_duderino]
    #2928048 - 07/26/04 08:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

el_duderino said:
btw AFAIK if the psilocin is not absorbed then yes there will be a different effect (less potent) as psilocin is the actual chemical responsible for the effect. Psilocybin is converted into psilocin in the body so in the end you just get the one chemical effecting you.

Am i Wrong?

Yes, you're quite right. I guess there are two factors : the amount of active ingredient that /can/ be absorbed using the given method, and from that, how well it is absorbed into the body. With tea, the psilocin isn't used, but it is probably a more effective way to absorb into the body than the stomach breaking down the actual mushrooms.

--------------------
I am merely a parody.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: shroom tea or not? [Re: chevron]
    #2931627 - 07/27/04 07:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I see what u mean. That even if there is less active chemical present, it is absorbed faster into the body and hence an equally potnet trip (speculation).

I was thinking that maybe you were refering to the trip being different due to the psilocybin/psilocin ratio, like the THC/CBD ratio effecting the effect of mj. And my point was that this would not be the case as its only the one chemical that is active in mushrooms.

But i get what you're saying.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2932265 - 07/27/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

psillycider...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
2,658 topic views. 2 members, 11 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.