Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Military giving out free plastic surgery
    #2918339 - 07/22/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Check it out

Bigger Breasts for Free: Join the Army

Thu Jul 22, 9:15 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. Army has long lured recruits with the slogan "Be All You Can Be," but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic surgery, including breast enlargements, on the taxpayers' dime.

The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26th edition that members of all four branches of the U.S. military can get face-lifts, breast enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free -- something the military says helps surgeons practice their skills.

"Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible," Dr. Bob Lyons, chief of plastic surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio told the magazine, which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding officers to get the time off.

Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their dependents, the magazine said.

The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have to have someone to practice on."

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Military giving out free plastic surgery [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2920290 - 07/23/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Helps them practice their skills for what, private practice?
Sheesh.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #2920924 - 07/23/04 02:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thats like going to a hair dressing school and getting your hair cut for free, its free for a reason.

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2921373 - 07/23/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They need to practice on somebody to help refigure faces.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #2926708 - 07/25/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The military needs to dish out some psychological rejuvination for these soldiers and theit dependants.

I know many people from the Armed Forces who need to be de-programmed from their strict system of fascism (for this is all they have grawn to know).

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Military giving out free plastic surgery [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #2927259 - 07/25/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

the army doesnt want people thinking for themselves, they act as a group together. Most people in the army strive for discipline, even though they may seem not to like it, its what they need and its why alot of the people are in the army are there. It takes a certain person to do it, and you cannot 'reprogram' them to suit your liking.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Military giving out free plastic surgery [Re: Redo]
    #2927357 - 07/25/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

no body is talkin about 'reprogramming' here.
I am talking about deprogramming the people who have enlisted in the Armed Forces.
When humans come back from this training of discipline, strictness, authoritarian order, and fascism they are not easily put back in their place.
I have heard of fathers that have come back to visit families for holidays and eating dinner as fast as they can, jumping up as soon as the dish was cleared, and then demanded for the dishes to be done. Stern, harsh, disciplined for WAR!
Now my point on this thread is nothing more than this:
-Rather than paying for plastic surgery, they should pay for mental counseling for a stable life of living their own. Uncontrolled.

Personally, I believe the military is unhealthy.
Point-blank.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2927377 - 07/25/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They do have counseling for free in the military, and some people cannot handle it.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2927452 - 07/25/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I am a prime example of what you are talking about, well at least right after basic. I once woke up in the middle of the night (while I was staying with my parents at a hotel somewhere soon after graduating boot camp) and stood staight up at attention. I then screamed out "Yes Drill Seargent, No Drill Seargent, Right away Drill Seargent", right before dropping to the floor and knocking out 20 pushups. I then got up and laid back down and went to sleep.

But that conditioning wears off quickly, or at least it did for me. I never was what you could call a model soldier, though.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Military giving out free plastic surgery [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2927489 - 07/25/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of the buzzer in my caddy house, it happens to everybody. The military is just a much more intrusive stressor.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order