Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Finding your spirit animal
    #2926578 - 07/25/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I know very little about this. I'm not sure if it's called your spirit animal even. I've read some trip reports on mescaline and people talk about having a massive hallucination/contact with their "spirit animal". For some it's spiders, octopuses, buffalo.

How do you find this animal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: Spooge]
    #2926697 - 07/25/04 05:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There are many different interpretations of "the spirit animal".

The spirit animal was used in Native American tradition for a sense of power, strength, courage, meditation, etc. I almost want to say that they connected to the animals with strengths they themselves lack, or either high immitate.

This term is also used in relation with Wiccans and Pagans.
Very much the same concept as the Natives, with obvious differences.

As far as you yourself personally connecting with an animal in a state of complete meditational mind expansion, as through psychedelics..it is a vivid descriptive image and soul of your reality and imagination. Through a dream state you can be spoken to, and I often relate these animals with karma and reincarnation.

Like I said, these animals can reflect great things about you. It is all the interpretation.

These animals are also often related to your cosmic Self. As our description through the stars is relayed in animal projection and motives.

After all, we are all the Animal(s).

Breathe on squirrelly one :-)

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2927126 - 07/25/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Go on a 3 day vision quest. No food,no sleep,no drugs, and no moving out of a 10 foot circle of stones. Be in the wilderness alone. You will see this animal 3 times if it is revealed to you (it may not be)..it may be in a vision as well. It may be in real life you see it. You may have an unusual contact with an animal that stands out.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #2927258 - 07/25/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Breathe on squirrelly one :-)

Is there something I'm not understanding or something?

Sometimes for some odd reason, I get the feeling i'm not liked very much here. I see the smiley face, but I just get such an odd feeling from a comment like that. I try and be good to everyone, so I don't understand.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #2927372 - 07/25/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My good sir, how many different assumptions and threats can you take from a message board?

For your own reassurance, I meant nothing but optimisim is that statement.

Plus I always refer to curious charectars as squirrels. So go on little squirrel, breathe on in your quest for curiousity.  In the quest for conversation and knowledge.

And trust me, this smile is for you.  :grin:

Have a great evening and your inner animal will be exposed in time.  Dont neglect the world around you.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #2927421 - 07/25/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah ok :wink:

Maybe I am squirrely because you do not want to know what I thought of when I read that post.  :grin:  If I'm squirrely, I gotta know what you are though...hehe.

No, I was just simply asking though.  I don't have a good ability at judging emotions/expressions/etc. through text only.  I find it frustratingly hard.  And equally hard for me to express myself through text only.  I still don't really know what to think about that comment. Not trying to send any bad vibes your way though.  :smile:

Edited by entityexperiment (07/25/04 10:47 PM)

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2927457 - 07/25/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

for me, I think one of my spirit animals is an owl. In a vision it came to me and flew about my soul , also I find the spirit of a lion crouching waiting in the grass, to be how I think at times.... it's strange how much people can personify themselves with by animals, and how much I notice we resemble our forbearers on such a primal level... yet to find such comparison with these 'spirit guides' in todays world seems trival, I find myself spending thought on it little.. where as the ancients who hunted as a full time job could much more find strength from the bear claw talisman he wore, not as proof of a conquor, but rather that he embodied the spirit of the bear..... reguardless if all these has any true bearing on reality, I can not say, yet daily I gather proof.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #2929692 - 07/26/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

my power animal is the raven. always has been. i recently re-discovered it in a vision. everyone has one or more power animals which account for wellbeing in your life according to many traditions. in some traditions, if a power animal is lost, you might get very ill or die. this spirit, in animal-like form, is a manifestation of energies that are all representations of qualities that you have, or that make you unique. The Raven is synonymous with wisdom, and the spirit, cooperation, and deep ties to family. i find myself also attracted to certain trees, stones, and objects which sometimes tend to reach out to me in spirit. to find this animal, you need to get into an altered state of consciousness, by whatever means possible, be it entheogenic or drumming, singing, whistling, dancing ect. then you must go down..look at where you find yourself and search for a way down. then go down, feel yourself being rushed down into the earth, until you become immersed in some sort of landscape. in your vision, note the type of landscape, trees, bodies of water, weather, time of day ect. open your mind and still your thoughts and wait for your power animal to show up. other animals may be seen, but the power animal would be seen in all four directions. hope this helps, and good luck, squirrel. :crazy2:

--------------------

Edited by ShroomDoom (07/26/04 06:28 PM)

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #2930635 - 07/26/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Im the Rat in the Chinesse Zodiac  :crazy2:

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2930647 - 07/26/04 11:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

From the inside of an icey cave... "Slide."

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2930727 - 07/26/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My spirit animal is homo sapien sapien. How do you find it? Look in the mirror and give an honest assessment of yourself.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2933507 - 07/27/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It was once pointed out to me by a Native American associate of mine that non-American Indian people always tend to pick a wolf, crow, an eagle, raven, or bear, or some other animal with an aggresive reputation. He believed that it was an expression of self-importance to have a "cool" spirit animal...and that this was not genuine because it is based on self image. Native American Shamen tend to have less obtrusive animals like moles, mice, or even snakes, and fish. One I heard of had a whale. I have noted that this was true in many instances.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2933634 - 07/27/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

interesting, i didn't know that.

I meditated the other night about this, and I can sense mine would be some kind of lizard. Somehow, I don't think that sounds very impressive to most people

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: vampirism]
    #2933654 - 07/27/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ya, when i say one of my animals is an owl, it sounds kinda weak as opposed to a bear or shark or something : ) but in reality all animals are great in their own way.. lizards? well maybe you like to adjust to new situations and shed old times and bring the new? I don't know you or alot of lizards so whatever !

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2933663 - 07/27/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:p

yeah, well
I don't really get it myself yet, but hopefully will with time. I just concentrated on the question, and thats the answer I gave myself

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2933675 - 07/27/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Mine is a 25 foot, 3000 pound Hell Beast with 16 inch teeth and razor talons...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: vampirism]
    #2933924 - 07/27/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."

OfflineArchemetis
Re: Finding your spirit animal [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2933950 - 07/27/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

mine is teh vulture...though throughout different times in life we have other spirit animals, to help us learn the lessons we need at that point in our existance...but there is one that will stay with you for your entire life.
another one of mine is the moose.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom