Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
DRIV3R
    #2926619 - 07/25/04 06:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone play this game yet (Driver 3)? I just picked it up this weekend. I played Driver 1 and 2. They were OK but lacking in a lot of ways (especially after Vice City came out!).

But DRIV3R definately steps it up a notch! It is a lot more interactive. Very similar in many ways to Vice City. The controls are a little bit clunckier when on foot but still not bad. And there is tons of stuff to do. I played for about 4 hours this morning and never even started the missions. I just drove around, explored, found secret areas/missions/vehicles, and generally had a blast.

There are tons of vehicles and you can steal them all. Even motorcycles and boats of all varieties. And if you just drive around and explore you can find all kinds of secret areas (I found a track where you got to race go-carts). You even get to do battle with some bad guys (if you find them) without ever starting the missions. And unlike other games, your character can swim (no more drowning if you fall off a dock trying to get into a boat).

If you are a fan of GTA 3 and GTA:Vice City I think you might like this one. I still think Vice City is the best game out but DRIV3R will not disappoint. Of course I haven't delved into the missions yet, but so far I have found it enjoyable.

Anyone else play this yet and have an opinion?

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: DRIV3R [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #2926629 - 07/25/04 06:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I rented it and it was great. In my opinion this is what Vice city should have been.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#2926710 - 07/25/04 07:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i've had an xbox for the longest time, but no games. the thing is just sitting there looking pretty. i've been meaning to get some games, but really don't know what game to get. i'm gonna check this one out.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2926720 - 07/25/04 07:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Basically Vice city with far worse on foot controls and all-around clunkier controls but you can swim. Decent game but the genre really needs something new.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: DRIV3R [Re: d33p]
    #2926773 - 07/25/04 08:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Basically Vice city with far worse on foot controls and all-around clunkier controls but you can swim. Decent game but the genre really needs something new.

I'm looking forward to the future when they have all kinds of games blended into one giant online experience. So I could hop behind the controls of my airplane, taxi out of my hangar and fly off to some distant city with MS flight sim quality flying. Or I could jump into my car and drive to a movie theatre and watch a real world movie (streaming full screen). Basically a wholly articulated interactive sim world, but with certain fun zones for more arcade-like action. So like I'd drive to a basketball court and suddenly be playing hoops like I'm michael jordan in his prime. Of course all of this will be just a small part of a huge online world, I'll be able to interact with people from around the world in all kinds of ways.

That sort of thing is what I see as the future of gaming. Some day. :smile:

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2926849 - 07/25/04 08:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

great game! i was just playing it a little bit ago and am gonna be later tonight when i leave and am chillin with my cousin. There are some bad flaws (in my opinion atleast) but it is still an excellent game.

Flaws off the top of my head:
-Light poles can't be knocked over
-No drive bys
-some weird glitches sometimes, random usually but doesn't bother me a whoel lot unless its bad.
-Sometimes it's difficult to get in cars

but i like how you can see cops and stuff on the map. Tis a great game.

Some of the missions are really hard too.

People say they don't like the on foot controls. I don't mind them at all, i'm good with how they are and i don't think it's bad.

(Summit- the guys that you battle, are you talking about the Timmy guys that are more difficult to kill? I found 2 or 3 of them in Miami and 1 in Nice.)

What level and where is the go kart track thing? That sounds interesting. In miami there is a hard rock cafe or whatever, i don't think it actually says it on the building but it's got the huge guitar on top and looks exactly like one.

GTA games are awesome too...I personally like 3 over vice city, but vice city does have a lot cooler things then 3, but i just seem to enjoy 3 better. Also in vice city, if i don't play it regularly, i always get stuck going in circles around cities. I always cruise around and i stick to main roads alot, and a lot of them go in circles and sometimes i find it difficult in to get out of certain areas. In GTA3 i know those cities better then the city of Milwaukee which is a few miles from my house. Then again they are small, but i know them like the back of my hand.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: DRIV3R [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2926868 - 07/25/04 08:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I thought GTA3 was far superior to vice city. The whole motorcycle and helicopter thing was cool for about 5 minutes, but overall 3 was just a lot more fun and had much more replay value for me.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: DRIV3R [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2926884 - 07/25/04 08:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah same...the helicopters are difficult to control too. I got good at it after awhile but it's not that great. Motorcycles are fun and cool, but not really that great, i 95% like being in a car. It can be fun to speed around on them but whatever. Everything has its ups and downs.

--------------------

InvisibleJiggleThaHandle
LITTLE DOO-DADS FROM THA WOODS

Loc: Carlyle Hotel---ROOM #9
    #2926919 - 07/25/04 09:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It is gonna be the next game I get when I finish Red Dead Revolver. It too hasn't got the greatest reviews and DOES have a few flaws, but I dig it. (it's a western, you can't go wrong there)
Vice City pissed my ass off so bad..
I played it for 14+ months, (FOR REAL! My GF almost left me..) did every race, robbed every store/person you could, did every freakin' rampage and I STILL only got a 97% complete.. Pissed me off so bad, I stuck it to a tree stump and used it for sighting in the new scope on my .30-06

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #2926939 - 07/25/04 09:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

a friend of mine rented Driv3r, and all 4 of us that played it didn't like it. there were tons of glitches and it was a pain to complete the missions.
i can't wait to see GTA - San Andreas :smile:

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #2927404 - 07/26/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YouEnjoyMyself said:What level and where is the go kart track thing? That sounds interesting.

Go to Miami. Look on the map and find Coral Gables. At the end of the roads there it looks something like this on the map:

Follow the direction of the red arrow. Go off road and back as far as you can and you?ll see a tunnel on your left. Follow the tunnel till you come to an area with a closed gate. Get out of your car and go up the stairs. Follow the catwalk around til you get to a room...but be ready!!. There is another "Timmy" guy to kill. Take him out and you can throw a switch to open the gate back where your car is. Then, just get back in your car and continue on until you come back outside. Explore around and you?ll find the go-kart track and the go-kart to ride on it.

I found this all by accident. I?m still looking around for more cool stuff.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2927643 - 07/26/04 02:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Coral Gables lol. Maybe you can visit me the next time you play the game I live right around there.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2927667 - 07/26/04 02:33 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

cool...i will try that out tomorrow if i can get a chance to play it. THanks.

--------------------

OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
    #2927826 - 07/26/04 04:17 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What's everyone think of True Crime?

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #2928085 - 07/26/04 10:45 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I just read a review on Driver 3.  It got 3 stars due to suckyness.

Its like a bad version of Vice City.

boo.

:sun:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub