Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle...
    #2923841 - 07/24/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, I'd like to bring up the issue of growing drugs.

My Sister has been growing weed for a while now. It's not completely her thing, and to be honest, her boyfriend of nearly 10 years has been the one looking after the stuff, and doing most of the work when it comes to it.

Before meeting my sister, her boyfriend was into it, and knew alot of people who grew, and I think he's always wanted to grow his own. Its every pot smokers dream I think.

My sister has always smoked pot, and when she told me that she was growing it was no surprise.

I had to live with my sister for a whole and realised while living with her, that there was a certain amount of tension surounding the 10-15 plant grow in the basement.
They would fight about people comming over and maybe finding out. Or about this or that. Mostly paranoia. But they had to try and trust some people in order to even sell it, so...

But the real issue was, in May, my sister had a baby.
I thaught they would stop that whole thing all together, because of the seedy friends they almost HAD to hang out with in order to network, and maybe knowing it wasnt good to have these sleezy people around when having a vunerable child around potentialy made it a situation of this kid getting in some sort of crossfire...or being exposed to the ugliness that can be braught out by the criminal eliment...whether you think it shouldnt be legal, or if it should. The fact is that it isnt, and that you get some people, some are the scum of the earth, but you seem to NEED them since its not legal yet.

But anyways, they HAVENT stopped thier smoking habit, or thier growing.

I see many potentail ways that this can harm the innocent child.

Anything from a fire starting, to having someone find out about it, and breaking in. What if they have a gun when they break in and panic, shooting someone.....
The odds dont matter, just the fact that even though they take ALL these percautions when it comes to thier baby....they ARE new parents, and are very protective. I mean, they wont even travel by car in the winter in fear of getting into a fatal accident...even though the odds are high that they would...and other things like not exposing the child to potential additives and preservatives in food in fear of some report that blah blah causes cancer or memory loss in children etc etc....

I see it as an addiction to both the drug, and to the easy money. This just goes to show how powerful drugs are, no matter how soft they are...

Untill its legal, there will always be the seedy criminal eliment. And maybe not directly, but indirectly, this will cause an innocent kid, to be exposed to these dangers.

I can tell my sister doesnt even want to do it. But she is so emersed into it, and has been smoking for so long, that her whole social structure directly relies on the pastime of smoking, and the lifestyle everyone of her friends share in result....So in turn, she defends her self and shakes off all the guilt relntlesly, even though she knows in her hearty its not right, and that it can lead to a very sad time in the childs life if something went awry....

Its not neccisary for them to be involved with this, and could get things done without it. They make enough money, and they can easily find better friends for the sake of thier daughter, and my neice.

I feel its wrong and is an unnesesary risk to this kid as long as this stuff is illegal, and draws the attention the criminal eliment of this society...
Compalining about it not being legal doesnt do squat, just get rid of it untill it is because too many factors are assosiated with it.

I personaly feel that it is selfish for the parents to hang on to this habit, and should at least TRY to eliminate it....to at least stop growing, and slowly stop smoking.

Oh ya, alcoholism and mental illness is rampant in the familys history (My dad, brother and myself have had issues)....this is another reason why this has to stop, but doesnt.

Ignorance prevails. They are "different" They say: "we know what were doing"..... "we can handle it"....."weed is harmless"

I think weed is harmless, its better than alcohol in terms of harm...but its the shit that comes with it. The lying, deceiving, the paranoia, the law, the crime etc etc...Ive already pointed out the rest.

Any thaughts.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2923890 - 07/24/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If I was a police officer, I would trace your isp and find out who you are. I'd then find out who your sister is and stake out her house. Then follow a stoner that leaves and make him spill his guts so he'd get off scott free. I'd then raid her house and make a successful bust on a drug supplier.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: looner2]
    #2923912 - 07/24/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

you would also remove the child

Offlinemasterg
Stranger
Loc: CA
Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2925048 - 07/25/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Northernsoul: I think everything that you have stated is well-deserved. In my humble opinion, a responsible parent(s) should not grow an illegal substance in their home and <B>SELL</B> it. Growing and letting absolutely nobody know, as long as the drug is obviously used responsibly, is fine in my opinion. Your sister seems to be endangering the entire family by letting so many random people looking to make quick money into the house. I'm not sure if you could let her know that you are simply worried about their child. Mainly, the fact that were the parents arrested (which would likely be eventually likely to occur), the child would be parentless. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

--------------------
Peace,
masterg

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2925069 - 07/25/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Growing for personal use is okay, IMO. 

It's selling it that brings such dangers into the household...

Maybe you could convince her not to sell???

good luck  :heart:

OfflineReeferRoller
Stranger
    #2925082 - 07/25/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That's really not a good thing to do. Not only would you be endangering the child, but if the gov't were to find out, the child could be put into CPS, and you would have to fight lengthy legal battles to get him/her back.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2926129 - 07/25/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with every word you said. As for Looner's comment, that thought crossed my mind but a 20 plant grow really isn't worth the trouble.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2926295 - 07/25/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My biggest concern if you were growing anything illegal and had children, is if you get caught and busted, couldn't Child Protective Services come and try to take your child away from you?

Imagine how traumatic that would be for a little child.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: MOTH]
    #2926312 - 07/25/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Not could, WOULD.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

#2926363 - 07/25/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
If I was a police officer, I would trace your isp and find out who you are. I'd then find out who your sister is and stake out her house. Then follow a stoner that leaves and make him spill his guts so he'd get off scott free. I'd then raid her house and make a successful bust on a drug supplier.

You would would ya? And what would that do? Sounds like the mentality of a drug smoker/grower. Do you actualy think they would go through that much trouble? Police have better things to worry about, and bigger fish to catch.

If you have any REAL advice relating to my question, thatd be great. But if you want to banter about how all the police are maticulously finding every grower in n.america, then sorry, your barking up the wrong tree. Thats not reality.

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: MOTH]
    #2926378 - 07/25/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
My biggest concern if you were growing anything illegal and had children, is if you get caught and busted, couldn't Child Protective Services come and try to take your child away from you?

Imagine how traumatic that would be for a little child.

Yeah, thats one of the things, And it doesnt matter how they got caught, or how deep they are in it, I think that CAN happen.
I live in Canada, so I dont know if its any different.

Are ther any people that have a close relative that is into drugs in a so called "harmless to the children" way, that ticks you off because you KNOW first hand of what seedy shit goes on...and other stuff?

And if you think I'm wrong, or worrying too much, then what is it that I'm missing here?

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2926399 - 07/25/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
I agree with every word you said. As for Looner's comment, that thought crossed my mind but a 20 plant grow really isn't worth the trouble.

Yeah, its like when I'd even talk about weed over the phone (nothing to do with her, or even nothing to do with growing) she would get all paranoid that someone was scanning or tapping our phone line. I noticed that every grower I met had the smae mentality, some kind of hyper-sensitivity to being noticed....aka: Paranoia.

I guess it doesnt help smoking while your growing, cuz those feelings of being vunerable, or getting caught can really start to blow your mind when your getting high on the stuff....

But can we please get back to the subject. I need to know what it is that I can maybe do?

So far Ive just decide to just let them do thier thing, and let them learn thier lesson the hard way. They dont listen to me, and say that nothing will happen, and it doesnt have any effect on the kid because "its not like the kid is smoking it!"...you know, an attitude like that.

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: masterg]
    #2926415 - 07/25/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

masterg said:
Northernsoul: I think everything that you have stated is well-deserved. In my humble opinion, a responsible parent(s) should not grow an illegal substance in their home and <B>SELL</B> it. Growing and letting absolutely nobody know, as long as the drug is obviously used responsibly, is fine in my opinion. Your sister seems to be endangering the entire family by letting so many random people looking to make quick money into the house. I'm not sure if you could let her know that you are simply worried about their child. Mainly, the fact that were the parents arrested (which would likely be eventually likely to occur), the child would be parentless. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Thanks, I will...

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #2926511 - 07/25/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with the others on this as far as talking to your sister about your concern.
I have a sister who used to grow as well. That was only after her and her boyriend got together.
They didn't stop growing even after they had kids. They have three together. The only way she got out of it was because she left him. Weed became much more important to him than her and his kids.
So she was outta there. She's much better off.

Back to your sis, right now it's completely up to her if this is something that she'll give up.
I'm sure she's aware of the consequences.
It's all on her now, she knows what she's doing. It may turn out bad and it may not. There's really not much you can do about it, just express your concerns to her.
Your obviously a very caring person to want to try and help your sister and her family out.
But you can't change what people are doing. That's up to them.
Either way I hope everything works out for the best, and everyone comes out of this situation safely. :heart:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2926569 - 07/25/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with everyone. They all have a very good out look on this subject. Your sister needs to tell her boyfriend to get the plants out of her house and away from their baby. I'm sure she doesn't want to lose her child over it.

Smoking around the child can't be good either. No kind of smoke is. When they were childless they could take all the chances they wanted. Now they have to consider the littleone.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#2928091 - 07/26/04 08:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If you have any REAL advice relating to my question, thatd be great. But if you want to banter about how all the police are maticulously finding every grower in n.america, then sorry, your barking up the wrong tree. Thats not reality.

I think I was giving good advice. Tell your sister that you posted her situation on a non-secure website that can easily be tracked by police. Say you did it for her benefit so fellow drug users could give her excellent tips on how to grow weed and raise kids at the same time. I'm sure she will be thrilled, then you can print out this thread and give it to her. You might want to save it for christmas because it would be an awesome gift.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2929886 - 07/26/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, neat discussion.

There are a lot of screwed up people in this world, and unfortunately, screwed-up people don't need a license or anything to bring a child into this world.

I read your story and i can sympathize with everyones comments. Personally, the thing that would worry me the most is not the plants or the bulbs, or the selling of the herb or anything else, but the shady pothead/druggies that are invited over.

I don't like shady losers on my property, especially if i have a child living there in the house. That's just me. I know parents that will have their kid sitting next to homeless people and druggies and crackheads and smoking dmt and anything else under the sun in the same room as their infant, no joke. And, i just don't like stuff like that.

I am personally more than willing to sacrafice any grow room or pot plant or mushroom in order to have a safer and healthier enviroment for my child. Thats just me.

I know people with kids, in the same situation as your sister and her b/f, they have a kid, and they have plants all over the place, inside and outside, and, not even hidden. To even mention to the idiots that a cop car can see those plants from the road, they get offended in some idiotic way, in a mean way, which i think is rediculous.

:smile: Some parents just don't think it is a risk for them or their kids.

Some parents smoke blunts all day long in front of their kids and think it doesnt matter, others dont do that and think that it does matter.

Good luck,
GG

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2929904 - 07/26/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

oh ps.

ive grown all kinds of stuff in a house and outside a house while a child i cared for deeply lived there.. i of course managed it well, it was small, and had nobody ever over to see or think i was growing/selling though.

ive smoked herb and ate shrooms in front of kids.. not to the extent of clambaking a room with a blunt and making the child be around smoke like that, but just a puff here or a puff there

and when i smoked cigarettes i was really good about just completely hiding from children when i would sneak a smoke, because i don't like kids to think so highly of me and think im so cool and then have them see me smoking something as gross as a cigarette. so i would hide for those and never smoke in the house if a kid lived there.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

#2932672 - 07/27/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Obviously I dont have to worry because your doing the worrying for me. Thanks and keep up the great work!

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: A weed habbit and the children. The view of an Uncle... [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2932801 - 07/27/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You can look at it in so many ways.

Ok, since its illegal , these things are more likely to happen...

Being forced to deal with shady people in order to get rid of it. And officialy contributing to misery directly, or indirectly. Once those bags of weed leave the house, and your counting the cash, who knows what that stuff will be used for, where it will go, and what it is used to support. It could be anything from Prostitution, Traded for harder drugs which in turn feed americas misery, causing misery for alot of others, it could even be pay-off for kiddy porn....but no matter where it goes and what its used for 3-4 people down the line, she is, and so many other oblivious people are almost kind of putting them self in that loop, and its just not worth the risks. as long as its illegal, THOSE kind of people, and events are just part of the package.

2. getting caught and having a kid getting taken away temporarily.

3. Someone notices and decides to break in, and if that person sees some young baby sitter and a kid or something, and the criminal is wasted or out of sorts, who knows what would happen to the kids....this is just speculation, an imagined scenareo.....so many other possible senaros, There are so many , thats my point!

Extreame Fire Hazard in some cases
Kid might get thier hands on it
Might think if Daddy smokes it, that its ok
Other intoxicated people using weed, and might have tendancies of molesting kids while not sober...

Way too many things are capable, more than I could ever think of. Some are less likely than others, but all are preventable. How do you prevent it? STOP GROWING! And try to stop smoking! Do it for the kid.

And They do it all for what?! For a little extra money, so they can smoke it even MORE, and MORE often since they dont have to buy it. They get alot of wonderful friends that do the exact same thing, some come from some very interesting backgrounds, they can help them out, you know, relate! So they dont feel so outcasted....smoking buddies, all of that...
They can escape the pain of life anytime they want buy lighting up a fatty. Dont smoke too much though, and make sure somebody is sobber in case of an emergancy....but thats just for Drinking...it should be for any type of thing.

Anyways, I know I'm right, I just wish she knew what she was really doing, and would forget about the money. A few extra groceries, the real nice expensive tripple ply toilet paper isnt worth the risk....give it up.
But I think she will learn the hard way unfourtunately.

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract