Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Tripper's FAQ: Read this First!
    #2892136 - 07/15/04 01:37 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ WIKI:
:scrambled:WE'RE ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION:scrambled:

Keep checking back for updates.

Welcome to the Tripper's FAQ Thread.

First, before reading or editing the FAQ, please read a few:
ESSENTIAL LINKS

They are called
ESSENTIAL LINKS for a reason. Read them. If you eat, grow or share mushrooms with others, you must know what you are doing.

Stop the spread of misinformation. Spread knowledge. Trip safe and trip smart.

The Tripper's FAQ is a WIKI.

A WIKI is a website...
... ANYONE CAN EDIT AT ANY TIME...
... Just click "EDIT PAGE". :smile:

Please help by visiting and adding to the Wiki. Add whatever you can.
Any Misinformation will be deleted.

I'm sure everyone who has tripped can add something important to the [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ[/gradient] [gradient:#FF9900,#33CC33]WIKI[/gradient]. Go ahead, it's yours.

[gradient:#336633,#99CCFF]*******************************************************************[/gradient]

If you don't like something about the [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ[/gradient], don't complain, FIX IT.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ADD, as long as it is helpful.

You can also help by participating in the FAQ Discussion threads... where we all can discuss each question and its answer(s) in depth.

Thanks everyone for your help so far! There wouldn't be a [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ[/gradient] without you. Most of the FAQ questions (over 80%) have thorough answers. Questions labeled with a bullet point, or an "*", still need work. Please add to the questions that need it most.

[gradient:#663366,#FF3300]ESSENTIAL LINKS[/gradient]
[gradient:#336633,#99CCFF]*******************************************************************[/gradient]

Mushroom Dosage Calculator

Toxicology of Mushrooms

[gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]The[/gradient] [gradient:#FF0033,#0033FF]Psyc[/gradient][gradient:#CC9900,#0033FF]hede[/gradient][gradient:#CCFF00,#0033FF]lic E[/gradient][gradient:#006633,#0033FF]xper[/gradient][gradient:#333399,#0033FF]ien[/gradient][gradient:#990099,#0033FF]ce[/gradient] by Timothy Leary
A MUST READ! This link is gold, Timothy Leary's Psychedelic Experience ONLINE!!! Tim Leary was the guru of LSD, and he wrote many books. The Psychedelic Experience is the handbook for many trippers around the world. [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]The[/gradient] [gradient:#FF0033,#0033FF]Psyc[/gradient][gradient:#CC9900,#0033FF]hede[/gradient][gradient:#CCFF00,#0033FF]lic E[/gradient][gradient:#006633,#0033FF]xper[/gradient][gradient:#333399,#0033FF]ien[/gradient][gradient:#990099,#0033FF]ce[/gradient] contains a translation of The Tibetan Book of the Dead. :smile:

The [gradient:#FF0033,#0033FF]Psyc[/gradient][gradient:#CC9900,#0033FF]hede[/gradient][gradient:#CCFF00,#0033FF]lic E[/gradient][gradient:#006633,#0033FF]xper[/gradient][gradient:#333399,#0033FF]ien[/gradient][gradient:#990099,#0033FF]ce[/gradient] FAQ
If Leary's book is too long, this is a short, overview of Tim Leary's "Psychedelic Experience". It covers most important points.

More Leary Information

Deepman's Psychadellic Library: MP3's Guided Trips, music and speaches by Tim Leary, Albert Hoffman, Terrance McKenna... The Grateful Dead and many other tripper friendly MP3's
Deepman, Learyfan (among others) have shared a lot of classic MP3's and Video with all of us. Follow this link, if you want something to listen to, or watch especially during a trip. There are also, MANY links to  great Tripping Literature. :smile:

[gradient:#336600,#666633]Recordings of Terrance McKenna[/gradient]
Many hours of McKenna speeches. Like Leary, Terrance McKenna was a well known psychedelic philosopher and shaman. Terrance McKenna is not as easy for newbie trippers to approach as Leary. In his books and lectures, he often takes on very difficult topics. Terrance definitely was a brilliant man. Thank God there are so many recordings of him... although his voice may take a little getting used to.

[gradient:#336600,#666633]More McKenna Information[/gradient]

Aldous Huxley's The Doors of Perception
* A poetic look into the mescaline trip as experienced by renowned intellectual Aldous Huxley. A wonderful introduction to psychedelic thought in general.   

Albert Hoffman's LSD: My Problem Child
LSD inventor Albert Hoffman describes his experiences during the formative stages of the psychedelic thought and experience in the 20th century.

Handbook of Therapeutic use of LSD 25
Although it was formulated around LSD psychotherapy it offers valuable insights to the aspiring psychonaut.  Well, there it is... start reading!

Spiritual & Ritual use of Psychoactives

Comments on the Psilocybin Mushroom
by Elfstone
A cool, but slightly incomplete article that in some ways picks up where McKenna left off. Very informative. It also contains a cool interactive project. I hope he updates this article some day.

D.M. Turner's Essential Psychedelic Guide
This practical guide is very informative and accurate. (D.M. Turner's Essential Psychedelic Guide) It's more concise and easier to navigate/understand than, say, the Vaults of Erowid or Shulgin's books. Of course it leaves out a lot of points that more lengthy resources might go after. (Thanks DadeMurphy for this link)

A Beginner's Approach to Psychedelic Mushrooms

How to Avoid a Bad Trip

Working with Difficult Psychedelic Experiences
by Maps.org

If you are new to tripping, please pick a few (any) of these above links and read 'em from start to finish. Read up before you ever trip... if you can. It is good to know a thing or two about tripping before you actually trip. The more you know, the more you might understand... and enjoy.

You can learn a lot from a mushroom.

Discussion threads and answers, are often subjective. Please take the information contained in the Tripper's FAQ with a grain of salt. Many answers are not FACT, just opinion. There is much to be learned about the science of tripping.

[gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ[/gradient]

1. Are magic mushrooms safe for me to eat?

2. Are contaminated/rotten/wild mushrooms safe for me to eat?

3. What is the history of magic mushrooms?

4. Why are mushrooms legal in some countries and illegal in others?

5. I am tripping for the first time, what do I need to know?

6. What size dose should I take? Is dosage the same for first time trippers and experienced trippers?

7. Why Trip?

8. How do I trip?

9. How long does a mushroom trip last?

10. How often can I trip on mushrooms?

11. What are some of the things to avoid while tripping?

12. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean?

13. What are the best ways for me to injest mushrooms and what are the differences between the different methods of injestion?

14. What is a trip guide? Do I need one or am I one?

15. What is all this stuff about set and setting?

16. Why do people trip in nature?

17. Is tripping with others a good idea?

18. Should I trip alone?

19. Is tripping in public a good idea?

20. Should I trip with sober people?

21. What is some good tripping music?

22. Should I watch television or movies while tripping? What are some good shows to watch?

23. What are some good trip toys?

24. What is, and how can I avoid/reduce come up anxiety?

25. Why do some people throw up while coming up and, can it be avoided, controled?

26. How do I avoid a bad trip?

27. How do I stay positive during a trip?

28. What if I take too much?

*29. Can I redose, and if so, when? Needs more info

30. What is the link between spirituality and tripping?

31. Does tripping let you reach enlightenment? For how long? What is enlightenment?

32. What is ego loss?

33. What can meditation do for me while tripping?

*34. What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? Needs more info

*35. Can you talk to mushrooms? Can they talk to you? Needs more info

36. What is and how do I control tripper's paranoia?

37. How can I stop a trip (ie: sober up)?

38. What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoided/reduced?

*39. How to I reintegrate into sobriety? What is a mushroom hangover like? Needs more info

40. Why are trips so hard to talk about after they are over?

*41. Will tripping affect my dreams and daily life? Needs more info

42. How will a mushroom trip change me? What if I want to stay the same?

*43. What are flashbacks? Needs more info

*44. Why do only a select group of people like to trip? Needs more info

45. What things about mushrooms/tripping are most often misunderstood?

46. Is it true that psychedelics can trigger mental illness?

*47. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? Needs more info

48. How many mushrooms would I have to eat to die?

49. Do magic mushrooms harm my liver?

50. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms?

*51. How have trippers and tripping changed modern society? Needs more info

*52. Is it safe to combine mushrooms with other drugs? Which drugs? Needs more info

53. How can I use my trips to help in sober life?

Any [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ[/gradient] Questions that are missing? Are there any redundant or worthless questions? Any suggestions? I can't emphasize it enough. This is a Shroomery FAQ. Your opinions are a huge part of this FAQ. Actively participate in the discussion threads.

IF YOU WISH TO HELP WITH THE [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ:[/gradient]

If you have experience tripping and you've read some of the
[gradient:#663366,#FF3300]ESSENTIAL LINKS[/gradient], go to the [gradient:#FF9900,#33CC33]WIKI[/gradient]: and start making the [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ[/gradient].

Edit whenever you feel like it, do as much as you like.

Report or fix any broken [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ[/gradient] links you find.

Also, feel free to look for interesting, or informative links that pertain to certain questions. Look for links that would help answer, or provide a cool footnote to a subject. Post any links you think will help. Post any good Shroomery links you stumble over, but pay attention to other links from other sites as well.

That does it for the introduction to the [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ WIKI[/gradient] And remember...
... :scrambled: WE'RE ALL UNDER CONSTRUCTION:scrambled:

Keep participating in the discussion threads. Keep adding to the [gradient:#0099FF,#0033FF]Tripper's FAQ[/gradient]

Thanks,
Cervantes
6-12-05

Still don't understand what a [gradient:#FF9900,#33CC33]WIKI[/gradient] is? This link explains it very well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: How to start a revolution. [Re: Rose]
    #2893079 - 07/15/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

This is a fantastic idea!
what do you mean by a trippers FAQ; I am aware of a psychedelic experience FAQ, how will this one differ from that?

What have you got on the FAQ so far?

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: How to start a revolution. [Re: blink]
    #2893165 - 07/15/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

*This was originally the first post in this thread.

How can The Shroomery change the world?

Big question huh? Especially if you have already lost hope in The Shroomery community.

I've been thinking a lot and asking many of Shroomerites this question.

I've also asked:

Why have mushrooms seemingly taken a back seat lately in the Shroomery Community?

and...

Has there ever been a modern day English speaking magic mushroom guru?

Many Shroomerites haven't read Tim Leary. They haven't heard of Terrance McKenna... and they're both gone now.

Who else has been so publicly successful at getting the message out? There have been others, but nobody who really caught the public eye.

Like it or not, The Shroomery community is probably the biggest authority on magic mushrooms today. What if we used that power for good... as well as OTD.

The Shroomery needs a Trippers FAQ... with input from the most experienced psychonauts in the community. This is very important. As important as a growing FAQ and more important to human society.

What if The Shroomery community showed people how to trip? Show them what is possible. Show them the universe? What if Shroomerites made community members read it like they make n00bs read the growing FAQ?

It would help confirm to Shroomerites that Shrooms can show you truth. It would give the mushroom community a voice. A battle cry.

I am currently working on compiling a Shroomery tripper's FAQ and if it is compiled in the right way, it could become a revolution.

See where I'm going with this?

The Shroomery Community will get to write the Tripper's FAQ. We will expose the truth... to a large community. But this must be done with great care.

Big topic, huh?

Not to be taken lightly...

So...

This is a sort of brainstorming thread.

I' would love any information, links, names of people who could contribute, ideas... whatever.

Brainstorming is good. This is a huge project and it is just beginning.

Any ideas are welcome. I'll post my ideas in the near future.

Viva la Revolution.

*below is the ACTUAL post that lives in this spot.
All I have are ideas right now. I have been discussing my ideas with many of the old time shroomerites, and all seem to feel like the psychedelic community is currently without an obvious spiritual leader/guide.

It amazes me how few people have read the Psychedelic Experience. A link to the online version of Timothy Leary's The Psychedelic Experience would be one of the first to go in the Tripper's FAQ.

It is crucial reading for trippers... the first handbook.

If you grow shrooms, eat them and give them to others, you better know what you're doing while tripping.

But I also feel the world needs a new psychedelic authority. One that can pick up where Leary and McKenna left off... one that is easy for today's post-internet hippies to read and understand and enjoy.

Just because Leary and McKenna were brilliant and very helpful, doesn't mean kids are rushing out to read their books.

Perhaps the next tripping authority could be an online community rather than a person. Perhaps The Shroomery could become that authority.

The Shroomery intends to stop the spread of misinformation about magic mushrooms... true TRIPPING philosophy has ALWAYS been the best way to give hippies a voice. Tripping philosophy was what changed the world in the '60's. It is what can change the world again.

A whole generation is tripping without a reason, without a guide.

This must stop.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: How to start a revolution. [Re: blink]
    #2893231 - 07/15/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

To specifically reply to your question: I see this as an expansion of the psychedelic experience FAQ. I also think it needs to be as important in the eyes of the community as the growing FAQ. Required reading for n00bs.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2893784 - 07/15/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey..I really don't want to sound like a naysayer here, I do think this is a great idea..I'd just like to share some thoughts..

I could be wrong of course, but I'm not sure having a trippers FAQ on the shroomery would really have a major impact on the psychedelic community as a whole..in other words, I am skeptical whether the creation of it might actually be considered revolutionary (atleast globally..however places like the shroomery can definitely help steer many minds in the right direction IMHO). Don't get me wrong though!! I agree with much of what you said.

>>> A whole generation is tripping without a reason, without a guide.

>>> This must stop.

This is pretty much the only thing that I might slightly disagree with..maybe I am just misinterpreting what you mean, but I think you might be underestimating a significant portion of the psychedelic community here! I agree it is important that in-experienced trippers have access to a place to acquire knowledge on the subject, and maybe even have a good role model or two in the business, but I mean I think alot of trippers, new or experienced, really do have good reasons for their experimenting..

As of late I have been hearing more and more about people using these sacraments far from carelessly, with what in many cases seems to stem from a pure desire for a new understanding, to experience reality through a new lense, to excercise the limitations of the psyche.. This intent is of utmost importance I think, and I guess for me might be one of my main reasons for tripping. My guide is my intuition.

I mean..again, I hope this isn't taken the wrong way..I think this is an awesome idea, and probably an important one.

>>>But I also feel the world needs a new psychedelic authority. One that can pick up where Leary and McKenna left off... one that is easy for today's post-internet hippies to read and understand and enjoy.

For one, I think Daniel Pinchbeck might make a good candidate for such a model.

http://www.breakingopenthehead.com/

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: How to start a revolution. [Re: ekomstop]
    #2894295 - 07/15/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I see where you are coming from. I do realize there are many wise trippers out there... but I have spent most of my time in cultivation (Something The Shroomery has extensively FAQ'd) and it astounds me how many cultivators are unaware or unwilling to learn what it is mushrooms do.

As it stands, members of The Psychedelic movement must argue their points, even here at The Shroomery. What if they could simply point the uninformed to the FAQ?

I think it is vital to inform our community (Hell, it's the mission of The Shroomery).

Of course, we may not change the world, but we may change our community and that certainly COULD change the world.

What if the entire Shroomery community realized the things were true that they saw during their trips? What if they learned how everybody in the world saw the same things while tripping? What if they learned there are religions and philosophies based entirely on the Psychedelic experience? This may not change the world but it may change the 20,000 members of the community. It would educate some, and it would strengthen the beliefs of others.

Ultimately, it could change the atmosphere of the entire Shroomery Community. It would give the voice back to the trippers and take it away from the people who are just here to get fucked up.

20,000 people, no... not the world... but it's a start.

Viva la Revolution

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2894529 - 07/15/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i think a revolution is much simpler.
all we need to realize is that we all need the same things, food, shelter, clean air, clean water, and some space.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2898819 - 07/17/04 12:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I am happy to see you as a mod, and even more happy to see you bring this topic up. I mentioned this in Shroomery Poll, and in IRC with anno, im confident that such a thing would cast a new light upon this community. I will help as i can.

--------------------
What?

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: How to start a revolution. [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2926386 - 07/25/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks a bunch. I am back in town now so I will get my ducks in a row and get started on this project. I will list all my ideas soon.

Everybody, please feel free to post your suggestions here.

This is going to be an interesting project... attempting to simply describe what words can not describe.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#2938650 - 07/28/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, brainstorming and feedback time. Thanks everybody for your support.

First,

Here's a few essential links I have found.

ThePsychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary
A MUST READ! This link is gold, Timothy Leary's Psychedelic Experience ONLINE!!! Tim Leary was the guru of LSD, and he wrote many books. The Psychedelic Experience is the handbook for many trippers around the world.

http://www.erowid.org/culture/characters/leary_timothy/leary_timothy.shtml
More Leary info.

http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/
Many many hours of McKenna speaches. Terrance McKenna, while not as easy to understand as leary, takes on much more diffucult topics. Definately a brilliant man. Thank God there are so many recordings of him... although his voice takes a little getting used to.

http://www.erowid.org/culture/characters/mckenna_terence/mckenna_terence.shtml
More McKenna info.

http://www.erowid.org/entheogens/spiritual.shtml
Spiritual & Ritual use of Psychoactives.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_article3.shtml
A cool, but incomplete article that seems to pick up where McKenna left off. It also contains an interactive project... something The Shroomery community could help participate in.

Ok, I am also thinking of asking many old time Shroomerites to write about their personal Psychadellic experiences. What questions should be asked? I think it would be cool if the Shroomery started to keep track of its members and record their experiences. We have some amazing people in this community. Who should be asked to report?

Combining all the links and frequently asked questions so they are easier to read will help as well.

As for writing a NEW FAQ for trippers, I don't know if that is needed if people just read Leary's Damn book.

What else should be done? What are some other good/amazing links? What do the uninformed need to know? How is the best way to tell them?

Feedback, questions, brainstorms... anything is welcome. Keep it positive but look with a critical eye.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God
    #2958359 - 08/02/04 10:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been moved from a forum that is closing to this forum... which may or may not explain all of the revolution talk.

Anyway, I'm compiling a tripper's FAQ and I need help. Please feel free to post any helpful links. Any other help, brainstorms, questions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2958409 - 08/02/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've been following this thread with some interest for awhile...

I've also been thinking about compiling a detailed list of ways to deal with come-up anxiety on mushrooms, something that I experience pretty intensely from time to time and have gotten good at handling. Would this be the sort of thing that could be included in the Triggers FAQ?

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: How to start a revolution. [Re: MOTH]
    #2958476 - 08/02/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Indeed it would Ellemysh... thanks.

I suppose compiling a list of the most frequently asked tripping questions would be swell as well... seeing as this is going to be the tripper's faq. Right forum for this part.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

#2959039 - 08/03/04 03:54 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've found this practical guide to be very informative and accurate.
(D.M. Turner's Essential Psychedelic Guide)
It's more concise and easier to navigate/understand than, say, the vaults at erowid or shulgin's books. Of course it leaves out alot of points that more lengthy resources might go after.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/essential_psychedelic_guide/intro.shtml

Huxley's Doors of Perception is a really good one for people with the right kind of mind.

Also I wanted to add that...(this is sacrilege to some of you probably) I own a copy of Leary's book and I have come to the conclusion that it's mostly bullshit.
It's no wonder that other members of the psychedelic community (Pranksters, John Lennon...) thought he was a self-promoter and a creep. Most of what he says is so far from being down-to-earth and practical that it would make any tripper totally freaked (i.e. the prayers at the back...does anyone actually do that shit??). People should do themselves a favour and skip it.

My best advice to a first time tripper (and people all over): Relax! Lose your fear and go with the flow.

Edited by DadeMurphy (08/03/04 04:07 AM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: How to start a revolution. [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #2960059 - 08/03/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think you may miss the point on the prayers.

Those prayers are intentionally funny... they intentionally sound like an old, crazy hippie wrote them. Try reading one of them out loud and you will begin to see that they are intended to be delivered with your tongue firmly in cheek... Leary knew he was describing what could not be described and he did what most people never do, he translated them with a sense of humor.

If you listen to some of Leary's recordings, you will begin to hear his sly delivery of ridiculous lines.

Leary is not without his faults... but spooky prayers are not really one of them. Besides, those prayers are translated from Tibetan text.

Frankly, I wish there was someone like Leary that focused souly on mushrooms instead of LSD... 'cause they are subtly different.

What Leary wrote is sound... but it is also, 40 years old... I highly recommend everyone read The Psychedelic Experience and post what you feel is missing... or what you feel could be communicated better... for a young, computer savvy generation.

And please, anyone, start listing Frequently asked tripping questions.

Thanks for the link... it is great.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #2960365 - 08/03/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, I am really glad to see this thread...it just seems like it had to be made.

The biggest tripping questions are the ones least discussed here, I think. Not questions of dosages, set, or setting, "would this be cool?", but rather questions about the mind, how it works, and how we can work to open it more. Fuck. I had a whole long thing prepared in my head to type out, then a friend called, and I lost it.
I'll be back.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2961468 - 08/03/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How about we organize the different components of tripping and what comes with it? Make the opening parts understandable to the ?common man? so it doesn?t alienate the reader, while taking a person through the experience of tripping as the text goes on.

Some ideas:

-Introduction to psilocybin chemically, and some cultural history & uses
-Seeing the world in a new light/preparing to let go of old vantage points (for new trippers who haven't experienced loss of boundaries/identity)
-Meditation techniques with explanation. Try to convey that these are just techniques to help the body & mind do some amazing things. In other words, take the mystical out to allow the reader to experience the mystical feelings themselves. Again, to not alienate more scientifically grounded individuals (maybe include research about meditation and how it effects the mind).
-Tripping toys
-Trip music suggestions, but keep recommendations categorized for what emotion it can bring out, so that a person doesn?t get freaked out by Tool, but be able to appreciate it when they?re ready.
-How to take action in your sober life. Using what you've learned of yourself to help change yourself or the world around you. This could do more with psychological issues people may have so that the lessons learned stick. It could also contain some ideas of positive things people could do to help each other.

Just some ideas, if you'd like I'd love to write more, espeically about psychology and music. Perhaps it would also be wise to have a goal in mind, IE do we want to gear it towards the common man (like I mentioned in this list) or are we looking for the Terrence McKenna style - all out spiritual exploration, or perhaps both, reserved in the beginning, and more experienced towards the end (which is the way I think it should go)?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinespybreak
Stranger
Re: Tripper's Faq or... How to start a revolution. [Re: Rose]
    #2964055 - 08/04/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

EllemyshShade, posting some tips for fighting anxiety on trips is a good idea.

I'm not a very experienced tripper yet, but I do understand alredy what Terence McKenna meant when he said that we need to create new metaphors that describe the Experience. After we do that, we can actually start talking about it. That'd be my tip.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Tripper's Faq or... How to start a revolution. [Re: spybreak]
    #2964436 - 08/04/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spybreak said:

I'm planning on doing that before this weekend. Anxiety is something I unfortunately have alot of experience with.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Tripper's Faq or... How to start a revolution. [Re: spybreak]
    #2967214 - 08/05/04 08:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spybreak said:

I'm not a very experienced tripper yet, but I do understand alredy what Terence McKenna meant when he said that we need to create new metaphors that describe the Experience. After we do that, we can actually start talking about it. That'd be my tip.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder