Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: I just couldn't wait...BIG THANKS (pics) [Re: doug_E_fresh]
    #2923587 - 07/24/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Magash- Thanks bro my dig cam isnt the best I'm not to good with photshop either  :thanx:

dcyans- Thanks for the tips, actually my friend was thinking about HAW so its funny you mention that. We both like the way they look  :grin:

So I'm happy to report that the big guy in the pics has doubled if not tripled in size, and looks like we will have a good veil going in a couple days if not sooner  :smile:

I do have a question for you guys though, on the other two cakes my friend put extra verm on the bottom and the top for added mosture, but it seems that the "white fuzz" isnt taking over the cakes like it has on the cake, in the pics provided. There are still some fruits comming out but they dont appear to be growing as rapidly or as big as the ones in the pic. Was putting extra verm on the cakes a mistake? Is there anything he should do to the cakes?

Thanks again all and I'll try to get some pics and post them up when the first cake is done  :cheers:

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I just couldn't wait...BIG THANKS (pics) [Re: McKennaFan]
    #2923605 - 07/24/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Just keep that verm near saturation (it's a water reservoir) otherwise that verm will wick moisture from the cake slowing shroom growth. Those Haw's do look beautiful don't they? :laugh: especially when grown on straw/dung! If ya haven't start learning agar bc that biggun would have made a very nice clone for your stock culture :wink: and would produce very nicely on other substrates as well in future experimentation! GL Bro

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2923631 - 07/24/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Depends on how moist the verm was. Maybe this verm was too wet or something. Just leave em and you'll know soon.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinetatubom1
The MushroomWarrior

#2924741 - 07/24/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice job I know exactly how you are filling right now because my first attempt pined yesterday. Good luck to you hop every thing goes will for you and look forward to hearing about your total yield :smile:

--------------------

The un-seen is the un-caught;the un-caught is the smart one;the smart one is the un-seen

OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: I just couldn't wait...BIG THANKS (pics) [Re: tatubom1]
    #2924897 - 07/24/04 11:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks again all my friends gonna just give it a few days and see what happens with the other cakes :smile:  Tatubom1 it is definetly exciting thats for sure :tongue2: I'll post up when the first flush is finished and I have seen your other thread and will let you know. Looks like right know, that my friend has about 4-6 really nice at fat ones comming,and a couple straglers..mabye aborts, not sure yet, but we are going to know in a little bit  :thumbup:

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
    #2925593 - 07/25/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

WOW well in under 8 hours my friends first cakes if finsished. all the caps have broken their veils, and are ready to go.

Quick question for you all, he just needs to twist and remove all the mushies, and then re-dunk for 12-24 hours? do you need to re-roll of just dunk?

Thanks all for the help and we are just totally excited, will have pics up soon of the first flush

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2925622 - 07/25/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You know I myself like to roll again depending if there is still a lot of verm on the cake or not, if you still have a lot of verm there is no need.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: I just couldn't wait...BIG THANKS (pics) [Re: Magash]
    #2925663 - 07/25/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ok all well the results are in  :tongue2: total grams in wet are 19g

And the famed "big daddy" came in with a weight of 9g wet

So thats the first flush on one cake. So is this a decent amount for one cake and a first time attempt. My friend will be excited to hear your responses. thanks all for following the thread  :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
    #2925702 - 07/25/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice nice man. My Friend just finished drying out his first flush. not yet sure on the total final weight though, gonna figure that out later today =D

anyways, MF's little tubberware container thing he was gonna use to dry His shrooms

www.cox-internet.com/awilson/dryer1.jpg

that thing worked like a charm after MF air dryed them. so thats the results on that =D :headbanger:

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder